Pioneer Adds 65,000 Colors to Any Dashboard with Newest Single CD Player|
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today unveiled four high-end single CD players that will light up any dashboard with vibrant colors from their organic electroluminescence (OEL) display panel. The Pioneer DEH-P9800BT and DEH-P7800MP and Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT and DEH-P780MP are the first in-car products to use Pioneers full-color OEL display. All four CD players have a 256 X 64 resolution screen to provide users with rich colorful backgrounds and control images unaffected by sunlight. In addition to exceptional design, two players include built-in Bluetooth wireless connection (DEH-P9800BT and DEH-P980BT), and all four offer customizable vehicle dynamics gauges, rotary control, full iPod control capability, XM and Sirius Satellite Radio connectivity, and built-in auxiliary inputs for other portable players.
Consumers change the stock stereo systems for two reasons: to update the look of the dash and improve the sound quality. Were doing both with these new players, said Larry Rougas, vice president of marketing and product planning for the mobile entertainment division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. Were also adding attachment features based on consumer demand for the ability to connect an iPod or a wireless connection to a cell phone.
The Pioneer DEH-P9800BT and Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT flagship CD players offer:
- BLUETOOTH® Wireless Technology Built-in Wireless technology is on the rise for its convenience. Bluetooth wireless technology, a short-range wireless technology, is built-in to these single-CD car stereos enabling a driver to connect as many as five Bluetooth-enabled cellular phones for hands-free operation. A microphone supplied with both units allows the user to answer and make phone calls directly from the car stereos. Telephone conversations take place through the vehicles speaker system. In both units, the car stereo stores an entire phone book for voice activated phone calls, caller ID and hands-free operation.
- Audio Streaming Enables users to wirelessly transmit music and control (play, stop, pause, track up/down/forward/rewind) their Bluetooth enabled portable audio player through the Pioneer headunit using Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) and Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP).
All four car stereos offer the following technology:
- Full-Color Organic Electroluminescence Display Organic EL display, first introduced by Pioneer in 1998, revolutionized display technology because of its extreme brightness, low current consumption and wide viewing angle. Pioneers full color OEL display delivers up to 65,000 colors that produce unbelievable photo realistic graphics for text information, making it easier for drivers to see data at a glance. Animated backgrounds also can be set.
- Vehicle Dynamics Gauges Further utilizing the OEL technology, the players feature basic vehicle dynamics gauges for cool visual effects. The three modes are:
- Tachometer meter RPM graph showing peaks and valleys
- Triple gauge display RPM, voltage and sound meter simulates analog gauges
- Running tachometer Digital representation RPM, voltage and wattage
- Customizable Dual-Layer Graphic User Interface For added personalization, the two layers of display (background and graphics) are completely customizable. A variety of screen savers, background pictures and level indicators can be downloaded by visiting Pioneers OEL website (http://www.pioneer.co.jp/car/pclink3a). Personal images can also be loaded into the players through the special website.
- 7-Way Rotary Commander More popular than ever, the 7-Way Rotary commander is used in many Pioneer players to control 90 percent of the features and functions of the unit. The rotary commander combines the operation of a rotary knob, joystick and button to control most Audio and Function features. This is particularly helpful in swift retrieval of music files.
- Auxiliary Input Integration of other portable devices is easy with built-in auxiliary inputs. Each unit features a mini-jack port for quick connection of any portable device allowing the user to hear content from a portable music player through the Pioneer stereo.
- iPod® Ready Along with an optional CD-IB100 iPod adapter, Pioneers car stereos provide complete control of the highly popular iPod device through the IP-Bus. The 256 X 64 OEL panel can display multiple lines of information to show album, artist and song names while the integrated rotary commander scrolls through music content. User interface is highly improved to access music quickly.
- Multi-Language Each unit provides users a choice of three languages: English, Spanish or French.
- Satellite Radio Ready The new CD players are SIRIUS and XM Satellite Radio ready, giving consumers a choice in service. Access to more than 120 channels of music, sports and news are available with both services using an optional tuner and paid subscription.
Pioneers Mobile Entertainment Division is the leading manufacturer of audio, video and information products for in-car use. Its focus is on the development of new digital technologies including audio video, navigation and satellite radio, while maintaining its strong heritage in products for car audio enthusiasts and competitors. The company markets its products under the Pioneer and Premier brand names. When purchased from an authorized dealer, consumers receive a limited warranty for one year with Pioneer products and two years for Premier electronic products.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a leader in optical disc technology and a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets. The company focuses on four core business domains including DVD, display technologies, Digital Network Entertainment and components.
2006 PIONEER AND PREMIER FULL COLOR OEL SINGLE-CD PLAYERS