- Car Stereo Message Forums
 - - Subwoofers and Speakers
 - - - Brand X name brand

Brand X name brand
Posted by jsross on 03-31-2013 12:59 AM:

OK,

I have a 1998 jaguar xk8 that I'm wanting to replace the factory speakers up front. The car has 6 1/2 inch in the doors, 2 inch mids in the dash, and tweets in the sail panels. I'm old school and would love to do a 6 1/2, 4, and tweet package like we used to do with Kicker or Petra but those days are gone and 4 inch won't fit anyway. I did find a name brand that sales a 3-way component set with a 2 inch silk midrange that should fit perfectly. Problem is, the name brand is Brand X. I know Brand X is a dropship brand, which means it's sold to middle men companies that sell your product as if it's thiers ( like on Ebay ) and with each sale it just "dropships" from a factory or wharehouse. They never even see what they're selling. Usually this means the product is junk, but not always. For the record, a lot of " name brands" are now drop ship companies.  The speakers in question are Brand X model XXLHDS3. You may also see them under All In Audio name brand because that is the drop ship company that distributes them. I've seen these speakers from $1100 to $125.