Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > > MI show on 08-12
Go Back Pages (2): prev page Prev   1 [2]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tjsaudio

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-15-2007 by tjsaudio
FIRST PLACE BABY!!!!!!!! SS1+2nw( super street 1+2 no wall class)

come on pete show us the plaque

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-15-2007 10:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tjsaudio Click here to Send tjsaudio a Private Message Find more posts by tjsaudio Add tjsaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TEAMTL

with what DB reading?

New Post 08-31-2007 04:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TEAMTL Click here to Send TEAMTL a Private Message Find more posts by TEAMTL Add TEAMTL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tjsaudio

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-31-2007 by TEAMTL
with what DB reading?

yes all db drag racing.

New Post 08-31-2007 11:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tjsaudio Click here to Send tjsaudio a Private Message Find more posts by tjsaudio Add tjsaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TEAMTL

no I am curious as to what you DB score was. I would think that would have been one of the first things you would have shared with us. 130, 140, 150, 160?

New Post 08-31-2007 11:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TEAMTL Click here to Send TEAMTL a Private Message Find more posts by TEAMTL Add TEAMTL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tjsaudio

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-31-2007 by TEAMTL
no I am curious as to what you DB score was. I would think that would have been one of the first things you would have shared with us. 130, 140, 150, 160?

152-153db we are desining a new box to run at reginals. still the goal is 160 in the silver van my single cab truck does it. but the silver doesn't yet but it will.

New Post 09-01-2007 05:56 PM
TEAMTL

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-01-2007 by tjsaudio
152-153db we are desining a new box to run at reginals. still the goal is 160 in the silver van my single cab truck does it. but the silver doesn't yet but it will.

okay so your score at this event was 152-153? Doesn't the meter get more accurate then that? Which meter did they use?

New Post 09-02-2007 11:37 PM
tjsaudio

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-02-2007 by TEAMTL
okay so your score at this event was 152-153? Doesn't the meter get more accurate then that? Which meter did they use?

the same meter that I have a new term lab. I'm sorry that was the show in cold water that the heat was an issue we hit a 151.6 at that show. our certified spl is at 153.4db we average at 152.6db at this time. this isn't to bad for 2 american bass vfl extreme 15's. when we change up to the atomics xxx it will be louder. the hunt for 160db is still on in this van.

New Post 09-03-2007 12:00 AM
TEAMTL

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-03-2007 by tjsaudio
the same meter that I have a new term lab. I'm sorry that was the show in cold water that the heat was an issue we hit a 151.6 at that show. our certified spl is at 153.4db we average at 152.6db at this time. this isn't to bad for 2 american bass vfl extreme 15's. when we change up to the atomics xxx it will be louder. the hunt for 160db is still on in this van.

what's wrong with using a AC meter? I hear all the talk about termlab and if you get say a 135 on a AC you will get a 132 or so on a term lab, didn't they just lengthen the quarter mile?

New Post 09-03-2007 07:29 PM
pintoking

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-03-2007 by TEAMTL
what's wrong with using a AC meter? I hear all the talk about termlab and if you get say a 135 on a AC you will get a 132 or so on a term lab, didn't they just lengthen the quarter mile?

Yeah.....What's wrong with using an AC meter?

New Post 09-03-2007 09:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pintoking Click here to Send pintoking a Private Message Find more posts by pintoking Add pintoking to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tjsaudio

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-03-2007 by TEAMTL

The TL is the Certified Meter used by almost All of you SPL Comps. the only ones that do not use it was ISACA. The other circuits use the TL's. Other mics are Linear Compression that will read noise Cancellation that will give you a false reading. VS a TL that reads pressure. It is alot harder mic to spike but it is more consitance that others. DOES JOHNS STEREO STILL USE THAT AUDIO CONTROLL?

New Post 09-04-2007 05:41 PM
TEAMTL

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-04-2007 by tjsaudio
The TL is the Certified Meter used by almost All of you SPL Comps. the only ones that do not use it was ISACA. The other circuits use the TL's. Other mics are Linear Compression that will read noise Cancellation that will give you a false reading. VS a TL that reads pressure. It is alot harder mic to spike but it is more consitance that others. DOES JOHNS STEREO STILL USE THAT AUDIO CONTROLL?

I think they do, they haven't had a SPL contest in a few years. I did run the AC meter for Todd at Extreme Customizing when he had his Michigan Meltdown shows in 99 and 2000. So you are saying that any SPL reading that was taken with a linear compression mic thus "not accurate" how do these record holders feel about their scores being BS? Wayne Harris, mark Fakuda, Alma Gates and others all shattered previous SPL records using an AC meter. Does this mean all of those scores are now wrong, due to false readings?

New Post 09-05-2007 11:21 PM
tjsaudio

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-05-2007 by TEAMTL
I think they do, they haven't had a SPL contest in a few years. I did run the AC meter for Todd at Extreme Customizing when he had his Michigan Meltdown shows in 99 and 2000. So you are saying that any SPL reading that was taken with a linear compression mic thus "not accurate" how do these record holders feel about their scores being BS? Wayne Harris, mark Fakuda, Alma Gates and others all shattered previous SPL records using an AC meter. Does this mean all of those scores are now wrong, due to false readings?

That is why Wayne Harris made the termlab meter so things would be accurate and Alma Knows that the old linear compression mic were and are inaccurate and that is why sho own a few new TLs. And if you didn't know she isn't doing very good. last time i talked to some of the team members she was still in the hospital. her heart isn't doing very good.

New Post 09-05-2007 11:33 PM
TEAMTL

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-05-2007 by tjsaudio
That is why Wayne Harris made the termlab meter so things would be accurate and Alma Knows that the old linear compression mic were and are inaccurate and that is why sho own a few new TLs. And if you didn't know she isn't doing very good. last time i talked to some of the team members she was still in the hospital. her heart isn't doing very good.

Well I am sorry to hear that, I met her back in 2003 at the Usac finals when I entered my Monte. But you get what I am saying here? it's like SPL scores were climbing up and up using the same old meter, and then wham! the change the meter and the scores go down a little. And to say the AC meter was "inaccurate" is a hard thing to believe after seeing it around for so long.

New Post 09-05-2007 11:47 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): prev page Prev   1 [2]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
NRred2, from New York, NY. OnYrMrk, from Oklahoma City, OK. chosmo, from Austin, TX. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. Dal1as, from , MD. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kyat316, from Austin, TX. KickerBoy, from London Ontario, AL. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. pksimon28, from Plainfield, IL. jrdrywater, from pryor, OK. djbeats, from Jacksonville, FL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. larcos, from El Paso, TX. Mauro, from Erechim, AL. geob1kenobi, from Joshua, TX. goldblum, from Yonkers, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting