Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > Which US-amp for my CDT setup?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
zroeder

Which US-amp for my CDT setup?

I'm looking to buy two of amps to drive a CDT HD-1020 sub (400Watt RMS, 800 Watt Max) and the CDT ES-620 component set w/ M-519s upstage kit (I'm not really sure of the RMS for this combo). I've been told many different things, and I've settled with the USA-400 for the sub and the 600x for the components. If you could confirm that this would be the best match from the USamps lineup, I'd be highly appreciative.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 12-20-2004 02:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for zroeder Click here to Send zroeder a Private Message Find more posts by zroeder Add zroeder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
highrollin74

Why do you want to send more power to your components than your sub?I would run 2 of the USA-600's.That would give you 600wrms to your sub and 75wrms to your components.Should sound pretty sweet.Or even a 600X to the components.But your sub should be able to handle that amp without any problems.Actually,you could just get the 5600X,and get all taken care of with one chassis.

New Post 12-20-2004 05:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for highrollin74 Click here to Send highrollin74 a Private Message Find more posts by highrollin74 Add highrollin74 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zroeder

Well, my logic is that the sub is RMS'd at 400W, and I'll run that at 2 ohms. That would be the USA-400, which is rated at 400x1 at 2 ohms (I hear they put out more than they're rated for anyway). For the speakers, I've decided now to go with the TU-600. It is rated at at 150Wx2 at 4 ohms, and the speakers want 180W. This is still a bit underpowered, but I emailed CDT, and they said it would be fine. Am I missing something, or is it just really odd that my speakers draw more power than my sub? edit: I could always just turn the gain down and get the USA-600 for the sub and the TU-600 for the frontstage, right?

New Post 12-21-2004 01:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for zroeder Click here to Send zroeder a Private Message Find more posts by zroeder Add zroeder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting