Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Video & Multimedia > kvt 815- how can i watch dvd's without the Ebrake on??????????
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ThomasTEA

kvt 815- how can i watch dvd's without the Ebrake on??????????

I have an 02 escalade and the only way i can watch dvd's is with the Ebrake on. Is there any way i can bypass this so i can watch dvds while driving???

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 01-07-2005 06:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ThomasTEA Click here to Send ThomasTEA a Private Message Find more posts by ThomasTEA Add ThomasTEA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MethoDSuX

I just got a Alpine D-300 and i have the same problem

New Post 01-07-2005 08:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MethoDSuX Click here to Send MethoDSuX a Private Message Find more posts by MethoDSuX Add MethoDSuX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spoogemonkey

Look at how the e-brake is mounted. There is a switch, either push-in or out. See if you can move the switch or put a piece of cardboard in between. Of course, you'll see the "brake on" light all the time

New Post 01-17-2005 02:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for spoogemonkey Click here to Send spoogemonkey a Private Message Find more posts by spoogemonkey Add spoogemonkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Safe&Sound

The green E brake wire on the Kenwood requires a ground all the time to show composite video. The Alpine is more complicated and requires an E brake and foot brake wire which is reset every time the key is cycled. They're set up like this for a reason, there is nothing more dangerous than watching while driving. I don't care how disciplined you think you are.

New Post 01-26-2005 12:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Safe&Sound Click here to Send Safe&Sound a Private Message Find more posts by Safe&Sound Add Safe&Sound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
carguyincanada

ground the gree wire behind the deck on an alpine there are 2 wires, a parking brake and a foot brake, one needs to be grounded and one need +12v, they need to be hooked up to 2 switches becuase the alpine needs to "SEE" you stepping on the brake and then putting the ebake up in that order. Easy as 123

New Post 02-02-2005 05:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for carguyincanada Click here to Send carguyincanada a Private Message Find more posts by carguyincanada Add carguyincanada to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tytyguy

just ground the green wire that is connected to your e brake. that will take care of it

New Post 04-07-2005 06:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tytyguy Click here to Send tytyguy a Private Message Find more posts by tytyguy Add tytyguy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tytyguy

just ground the green wire that is connected to your e brake. that will take care of it

New Post 04-07-2005 06:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tytyguy Click here to Send tytyguy a Private Message Find more posts by tytyguy Add tytyguy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHAOSAUDIO

on the alpine theres a blue and yellow wire coming from the harness, get a switch connect one end to that switch, and the other end to ground, also connect your e brake wire to your brake. when the dvd is playing press and hold your brake, click the switch off then on then let go of the brake, and it will be on. keep in mind everytime you turn the car on you have to do this...

New Post 05-26-2005 01:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CHAOSAUDIO Click here to Send CHAOSAUDIO a Private Message Find more posts by CHAOSAUDIO Add CHAOSAUDIO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigd0254

i just got a 815 and i grounded the green wire that comes off the cd player. works fine

New Post 06-01-2005 04:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigd0254 Click here to Send bigd0254 a Private Message Find more posts by bigd0254 Add bigd0254 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting