Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > affordable amp for 2 mtx subs and some ?'s
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
00MJR

affordable amp for 2 mtx subs and some ?'s

I have a ported box holding 2 12" mtx MZS1024's, 2 5's, and 2 tweaters( used to be in my sister's exployer, but I sit it in my car facing in *seats fold down*). I was using a 760watt xplod amp, but that just went out...again(Don't wanna repair it anymore). (Before I used to have less powerful subs also). The subs run 600 watts each and 300 watt rms. Noob ?, why rate the speakers with both 600 watt and the rms also...Is it 600 watt peak and 300 constant...Just a guess? anyways...I might be getting a 1400watt Legacy amp from a friend and I was wondering if it is worth getting if I can get it for a decent price. But also if I could have a recommendation on what would run well with my subs. I don't have $$, but I just wanna get ideas. Thnx alot, Matt

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 01-19-2005 07:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 00MJR Click here to Send 00MJR a Private Message Find more posts by 00MJR Add 00MJR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
00MJR

here is the link to the amp he has http://www.brilliant-electronics.com/car_amplifiers_legacy_la1490.htm also does this amp support the 4 ohms subs...I looked around and i cant get a really good description :-/

New Post 01-19-2005 08:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 00MJR Click here to Send 00MJR a Private Message Find more posts by 00MJR Add 00MJR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrod81

do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY from LEGACY!!!! PERIOD. here is an amp that will suit your needs perfectly....http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64573&item=5745040321&rd=1

New Post 01-19-2005 08:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrod81 Click here to Send mrod81 a Private Message Find more posts by mrod81 Add mrod81 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrod81

THATS AN AWESOME DEAL>>>ITS FROM AN AUTHORIZED DEALER TOO>>>>>>>>

New Post 01-19-2005 08:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrod81 Click here to Send mrod81 a Private Message Find more posts by mrod81 Add mrod81 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
00MJR

I looked at it and it said only one channel and I got 2 subs to power...are you preferring that I get two and bridged them or is there a way of splitting it?

New Post 01-19-2005 09:02 PM
mrod81

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-19-2005 by 00MJR
I looked at it and it said only one channel and I got 2 subs to power...are you preferring that I get two and bridged them or is there a way of splitting it?

OMFG! never mind, im an idiot you should get that legacy amp. sounds real bad ass and you want a 2 channel amp to run two subs, not a mono. HERE DUDE IF YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THIS READ UP, CAUSE YOU GOT A LOT OF IT TO DO! read this section and the two below it!http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-OA2DzqVDrBm/learningcenter/car/amplifiers_faq.html#19

New Post 01-19-2005 09:18 PM
00MJR

ok so i read that you can hook up 2 subs to a mono amp...by doing this will i lose the watts...(since I'm I would be running 2 subs off it) lol, sorry if i'm not makin sense... geee were you joking on the legacy amp or are you serious.

New Post 01-19-2005 09:40 PM
mrod81

its 600wattsx1 divided by 2 subwoofers, each will get 300 watts. exactly the RECOMENEDED rms.

New Post 01-19-2005 09:56 PM
00MJR

Hello, again. I'm going to get a A1300HCT AudioBahn amp that I'm going to have a freind split it to power 2 of my mtx subs. Sound good? Yell at me if it doesn't or if you have any advice. Thanks, Matt

New Post 01-20-2005 09:16 AM
mrod81

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-20-2005 by 00MJR
Hello, again. I'm going to get a A1300HCT AudioBahn amp that I'm going to have a freind split it to power 2 of my mtx subs. Sound good? Yell at me if it doesn't or if you have any advice. Thanks, Matt

why? save yourself some money and the headache of owning audiobahn. the mtx amp is perfect and a lot less money, and better QUALITY. as a matter of fact the amp I recommended, was the amp MTX reccommends for your subs. and you dont "SPLIT" power to two subs, the mono amps have hookups for two subs.

New Post 01-20-2005 09:30 AM
mrod81

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-20-2005 by mrod81
why? save yourself some money and the headache of owning audiobahn. the mtx amp is perfect and a lot less money, and better QUALITY. as a matter of fact the amp I recommended, was the amp MTX reccommends for your subs. and you dont "SPLIT" power to two subs, the mono amps have hookups for two subs.

let me clarify....Most mono amps have two sets of speaker terminals for convenience of installation: if you are hooking up two subs to the amp and using large-gauge wire, it gives you a place to attach the wires without having to trim them, appearing as if each subwoofer gets its own terminal. But in reality, these terminals are actually tied together inside the amp — both positives are going to the same place inside the amp, as are both negatives.

New Post 01-20-2005 09:43 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting