Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > never had a good car, never had a system need help
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bsgboy

never had a good car, never had a system need help

I just bought a volvo S40 and I want to get a system. Something that will turn heads but not blow everyone away. I was looking at getting dual orion 12" in a band pass box, with 500 or 600 watt amp. I am not too familiar with amps so if anyone could give me some advice that would be awesome. Also if you have better ideas on speakers that would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks a lot.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 12-09-2002 11:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bsgboy Click here to Send bsgboy a Private Message Find more posts by bsgboy Add bsgboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
qwksvt2002

Gee you 2 12" w3v2d6 and a JL 500/1 Those subs ran in a series will bring the ohm load down to 1.5 perfect for the 500/1. Sounds expensive but it is not. Those 12's are 189.00 a piece from buyloud.com compared to JL's price of 300. The 500/1 retails for 550.00 but buyloud.com's price is 409.00

New Post 12-12-2002 04:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for qwksvt2002 Click here to Send qwksvt2002 a Private Message Find more posts by qwksvt2002 Add qwksvt2002 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
qwksvt2002

Get not gee. I hate typing.

New Post 12-12-2002 04:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for qwksvt2002 Click here to Send qwksvt2002 a Private Message Find more posts by qwksvt2002 Add qwksvt2002 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boom146

DOnt you mean in parallel? Series adds the VC values, parallel divides them...so 2 3 ohm vc's series would be a useless 6 ohms......but parallel would give you a usable 1.5.....

New Post 12-13-2002 09:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Boom146 Click here to Send Boom146 a Private Message Find more posts by Boom146 Add Boom146 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PyroBob

My roommate at college has 2x12" Orion subs in a sealed box (which would require more power than a bandpass). They are being run off an Alpine V12 600x2, and sound great. The only problem is that the subs will bottom out early than some other brands.

New Post 01-10-2003 05:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PyroBob Click here to Send PyroBob a Private Message Find more posts by PyroBob Add PyroBob to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jlcaudio

RE: if you want jl audio

quote:
Originally posted on 01-10-2003 by PyroBob
My roommate at college has 2x12" Orion subs in a sealed box (which would require more power than a bandpass). They are being run off an Alpine V12 600x2, and sound great. The only problem is that the subs will bottom out early than some other brands.

if you do want thos jl audio let me know i can get you that amp 500.1 for 400.00 new with warrenty or you may check out my web site at http://www.jlcaudio.com

New Post 01-10-2003 08:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jlcaudio Click here to Send jlcaudio a Private Message Find more posts by jlcaudio Add jlcaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
meanman101

JL amps are considered way upper crust amps that is why they cost a pretty penny (very much well worth every penny). However if your strapped on funds (recovering from Xmas) check out the JBL 1200.1. You can find them on eBay for under $300. Also caution with band pass boxes. The ones that sound real good are custom made to the specs of the subs that will be installed. Store bought generic bandpass boxes can really sound poor. Ask your local car audio dealer if he has one that you can try out before you hand over the money, just to make sure your getting what you want. If power was your consern about going sealed, then the JBL 1200.1 should more than take care of that.

New Post 01-10-2003 09:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for meanman101 Click here to Send meanman101 a Private Message Find more posts by meanman101 Add meanman101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting