Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Recievers
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ellesuu

Recievers

I am in the market for a MP3 Cd Reciever. I am looking at the Pioneer DEH-7700MP. I when to the local dealer( not a chain store, real high quality store) and they arent carrying it yet but will soon andd tried to sway my feeling toward an Alpine. I want something around the same price range as the Pioneer 7700 $249-$300. They showed me a Alpine CDA-9830. I have done a little research on this and there is another one that is around that price the CDA-9851. I am looking for something that has a good look and maybe some graphics that is why i like the pioneer. Will some one give me the rep on Alipne nd Pioneer. I need help deciding on which company. I also plan on, pending which company i get the reciever from, upgrading my door speakers and getting a woofer and amp (going all out). But i will get all of the same brand. Can some one help me out?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-08-2005 11:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ellesuu Click here to Send Ellesuu a Private Message Find more posts by Ellesuu Add Ellesuu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alpine45

all I have to say....ALPINE

New Post 02-08-2005 05:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for alpine45 Click here to Send alpine45 a Private Message Find more posts by alpine45 Add alpine45 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mhansen

Do not buy all the same brand. Some companies do things really well and others do not. Alpine and Eclipse make great head units; however, I do not prefer either of their amps. I tend to like JL audio, Zapco, etc. in that area. JL Audio for Subs. Dynaudio for seperates. It all just depends on budget and goals. However, one single company do it all is not ideal. I am a huge JL audio fan and currently run there seperates, subs, and amps in my '05 Civic...except my head unit is still Alpine. It is Alpine mainly because JL doesn't make a headunit; however, even if they did I would probably stick with Alpine.

New Post 02-08-2005 05:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mhansen Click here to Send mhansen a Private Message Find more posts by mhansen Add mhansen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ellesuu

Well could anyone recomend the best Alpine recievers between the cost of $200-$400.

New Post 02-09-2005 08:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ellesuu Click here to Send Ellesuu a Private Message Find more posts by Ellesuu Add Ellesuu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alpine45

umm any there all good but the cda 9830-cda 9833. if you can afford it get the cda 9835 and can wait a few weeks then get one of new one cda 9851 or the 9847

New Post 02-09-2005 11:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for alpine45 Click here to Send alpine45 a Private Message Find more posts by alpine45 Add alpine45 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mhansen

Be careful though. If you look at the new Alpine line you will notice that with the exception of 1 or 2 head units, none of them have 4V out. What were they thinking? I know what they are thinking...Alpine Head Units - coming to a Best Buy near you.

New Post 02-09-2005 12:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mhansen Click here to Send mhansen a Private Message Find more posts by mhansen Add mhansen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alpine45

honestaly thoses 4 volt preouts dont make a huge difference. i just got a cda 9835 and i cant tell a large difference between the 4 volt and the not so 4 volt and NEVER say alpine will be at BEST BUY. just get a line driver to solve that problem if you do have it. but no one out there makes headunits on the same levle as alpine

New Post 02-09-2005 04:50 PM
Explorer154

I had many differnt brand head units. I had panasonic, pioneer and kenwood. I just purchased my first Alpine: CDA 9835. Out of all of the head units I have owned, I say that the alpine is "hand down" the way to go. I installed the Ipod connector and Sirus with the unit. Works great. Hope this helped.

New Post 02-09-2005 06:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Explorer154 Click here to Send Explorer154 a Private Message Find more posts by Explorer154 Add Explorer154 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mhansen

Well, I hate to say it but I think that your worst fear is about to come true Alpine45. The low end 2005 Alpine Cd HU is targeted in the low to mid $100s from what I understand. They look ripe for a Best Buy appearance. They used to be for high end car audio shops only...then they went to crutchfield...and Good Guys...and soon......welll....I am afraid you are looking at Best Buy. I have always been a huge Alpine fan. I am on my 5th HU from them. But, I am really worried about it after seeing their latest catalog. The '05 version of the 9835 is sweet but the lower end stuff is just too low for typical Alpine stuff. I hate to say it but if you talk to a lot of Alpine dealers they fear it too. I am with you...let's sacrifice a chicken to the audio gods in hopes that Alpine never sees the inside of a Best Buy installation garage.

New Post 02-09-2005 07:30 PM
alpine45

well shit....they well....i dont know what to say im well speacheless.

New Post 02-09-2005 07:33 PM
mhansen

I know man...I miss the old days when Alpine was great and only available from people who knew stereos...when subwoofers were round and not square...when Precision Power wasn't owned by Viper Alarms, when MB quart was a german speaker and absolutely awesome, and when nobody went to box stores for mobile audio. Unfortuneatly, I think Alpine believes it can make more money if it follows in the footsteps of Sony, Kenwood, etc. My next HU may be Eclipse....

New Post 02-09-2005 07:38 PM
alpine45

same here man well i just well am scared. mind you ther ne r types sound good. well maby they will olny do it for a few years? im on my 4 th alpine hu and i hope its not my last

New Post 02-09-2005 07:54 PM
Ellesuu

Hey i am coming down to the alpine 9835. What about clarion should i look at their line? What is the cheapest place to get the alpine 9835?(preferably with free shipping and free installation kits) The top of the line audio store in my town has the 9835 for $559 but i am seeing it online for up to $100 less.

New Post 02-09-2005 08:27 PM
alpine45

i prefer to buy from a store but if you dont mind getting online then go for it ive seen 398 but thats just the cd player i cant remember the web padge though sorry

New Post 02-09-2005 08:30 PM
Ellesuu

Like the Clarion DXZ945MP

New Post 02-09-2005 08:33 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting