Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Car Audio Competitions and Shows > Wanna build system for sound compitions
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
crazyman1981

Wanna build system for sound compitions

I am new at this so I don't what the classes are, or what anything like that is. I think I would like to compete in spl comps, but driving around town you gotta have sq and spl....makes it real nice! Anyway I am just trying to do research about rules an regulations for comps, and what everthing means. Is there a dummies book to sound offs?...lol Any sites that would point me in the right direction would help, all advice greatly appreciated. PS Does the out side of your ride gotta be pimped out for comps, or it it just about the sound?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-16-2005 12:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for crazyman1981 Click here to Send crazyman1981 a Private Message Find more posts by crazyman1981 Add crazyman1981 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
korndog

i've seen some of the crappies cars and trucks at sound offs. Unless it was a car show, only dBs count.

New Post 02-16-2005 04:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for korndog Click here to Send korndog a Private Message Find more posts by korndog Add korndog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thrtyhz

Different organizations have different rules and classifications, check out the post "how to find a SPL compitition in my area"(below this one)when you find one that you can go it to then look up the rules, most of them have rules on there site. Just ask if you have any specific questions on rules, someone here will know

New Post 02-16-2005 05:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for thrtyhz Click here to Send thrtyhz a Private Message Find more posts by thrtyhz Add thrtyhz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crazyman1981

Comps

Thanks for the advice.

New Post 02-16-2005 05:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for crazyman1981 Click here to Send crazyman1981 a Private Message Find more posts by crazyman1981 Add crazyman1981 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flakmonkey

some competitions have ametuer leagues, and they try to offer as much feedback as possible to the competitors and the whole thing is not so competitive and scary. Experience is the best teacher, so build something and get loud, son!

New Post 02-17-2005 04:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for flakmonkey Click here to Send flakmonkey a Private Message Find more posts by flakmonkey Add flakmonkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crazyman1981

thanks, yo know what that stuff at home depot is called. supposed to be like dynamat, and how much it is? If I use dynamat is gonna run close to 500 to pad my car.

New Post 02-17-2005 07:15 PM
flakmonkey

DYNAMAT SUCKS

it is mostly all asphualt based. the stuff at home depot? Only think like that at home depot is tar paper, which is all dynamat really is. Go with cascade audio vblok or vblok2 or anything that is vinyl (or even better, neoprene).

New Post 02-17-2005 07:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for flakmonkey Click here to Send flakmonkey a Private Message Find more posts by flakmonkey Add flakmonkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thrtyhz

There's some stuff called peal n seal it's probibly close to the roofing. It does have a smell though.

New Post 02-17-2005 08:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for thrtyhz Click here to Send thrtyhz a Private Message Find more posts by thrtyhz Add thrtyhz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crazyman1981

thanks guys....what kind of smell are we talking about. Hopefully curable

New Post 02-17-2005 09:03 PM
flakmonkey

smells

this is a smell that will eat through conventional foam speaker surrounds and sometimes speaker cones while curing or drying. Think freshly paved street, but inside of your car.

New Post 02-18-2005 10:58 AM
crazyman1981

That stinks.....but there only a smell until it cures. If I take out the seats headliner and carpet, it and it sit for 24 hours are so, it should be ok? There would be nothing the odor can asorb into, and I would need to take out are speakers and stereo equipment? Now the stuff you were talking about VBLOCk, I checked it out, and all I gotta do is spray it on. Is it like the rhino bed liner type of stuff?

New Post 02-18-2005 11:07 AM
flakmonkey

I'm sorry I told you the wrong thing. Cascade gator skin is pretty cheap, and till better than dynamat. I didn't mean to say vblok, but vblok is good.

New Post 02-18-2005 11:21 AM
crazyman1981

ok thanks, ans that just sprays on or do i need to heat, and roll it on. When I checked out vblok i just haD to spray it on, so I guessing its the same with gaterskin

New Post 02-18-2005 12:54 PM
redhathakker

Man if your tryin for DIRT cheap and want decent sound deadening you can use tar paper from any hardware store. Keep in mind multiple layers are possible and its cheap enough to lay it an inch thick before you pay the price of dynamat.

New Post 02-21-2005 08:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for redhathakker Click here to Send redhathakker a Private Message Find more posts by redhathakker Add redhathakker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crazyman1981

lol...cool thanks. I don't think its cool how some companies can charge out rages prices, but whast can u do. I am going to check tar paper, and cascade.

New Post 02-21-2005 10:00 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting