Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Clarion AZD625
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TommyK

Clarion AZD625

I just bought a new Clarion AZD625 Double Din head unit off ebay for a 92 Toyota Land Cruiser. I got the adapter for the din plug from Circut City (who had also recently installed speakers.) The moment I pluged the unit the fuse blew (10A). I put in a 20A to quickly see if it would work. It did but sounded bad (week and distorted) and the back of the unit gets very very hot. I then ran a power lead directly from the batttery. Same problem. My next thought was that the factory wires are too small. I took it to Circut City, they tell me that the unitis damaged from a speaker grounded out. Pointed out to them that they installed the speakers but they won't take responsiblility. Ebay seller doesn't want to let me return it. Is the unit necessarly dammaged? Any ideas? Guess I could look at adding a seperate amp. I'm not very happy.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 12-13-2002 02:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TommyK Click here to Send TommyK a Private Message Find more posts by TommyK Add TommyK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jlcaudio

this is what i would do go to the speakers to see if the wires are touching because if it sounds like crap they might be in there if not you could also have a wire crossed to where you could possible using two different channels so in the doors or where ever you put the speakers in check colors and find out wich ones are positive and negative. on your wiring harnes make sure you have room in the dash also that will let air circulate better if not try to make room by pulling some of the wire out of the way and using a zip tie if the problem persist call the factory and also make sure you have a warrenty there might have been a problem with it befor you baught it www.jlcaudio.com

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 12-16-2002 08:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jlcaudio Click here to Send jlcaudio a Private Message Find more posts by jlcaudio Add jlcaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting