Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Car Audio Competitions and Shows > How to get started
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
560BENZ

How to get started

I am looking to start competing in competitions but i am not sure where to go to sign up. I live in the Detroit area are there any competitions around here? And how much is it to compete? Thanks

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-28-2005 10:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 560BENZ Click here to Send 560BENZ a Private Message Find more posts by 560BENZ Add 560BENZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhaze36

I dont know about up there,but it should be the same principle as it is down here in Ga or anywhere else for that matters.look in newspapers,magazines that are related to your type of preferences,radio ads ,word of mouth,webpages such as this one,(look in car shows and soundoffs etc)go to some webpages under carshows etc,carclubs,theres a whole world of info,and when you find one and you go to it,ask clubmembers about other shows etc,I have found carshows just by travelling around checking sceneries (just cruisin)I've been to well over 100 carshows in the past 5 years and entered maybe 20 or so and won trophies and plaques etc,numerous times.But I dont go for the trophies I go for the people,most times carshow people are very friendly and helpfull.but very fierce in there competitions.Hell you can even go to your local carparts store and if theres a major show it will be advertised there.Some of the drive through burger joints would know as well.but the hest place to find info (epescially for sound offs would be your local mobile audio store. Hope this helps

New Post 02-28-2005 11:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rhaze36 Click here to Send Rhaze36 a Private Message Find more posts by Rhaze36 Add Rhaze36 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skateralec

theres one coming to d-town this year. go check out the iasca website. www.iasca.com its sq/spl comp i wanna go but im kinda north of there im up by romeo and imlay city.

New Post 02-28-2005 09:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for skateralec Click here to Send skateralec a Private Message Find more posts by skateralec Add skateralec to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
560BENZ

Thanks how do you think i will do with 4 10" MTX 8000's and a MTX 1501D, would that win anything? Thanks

New Post 02-28-2005 10:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 560BENZ Click here to Send 560BENZ a Private Message Find more posts by 560BENZ Add 560BENZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhaze36

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-28-2005 by 560BENZ
Thanks how do you think i will do with 4 10" MTX 8000's and a MTX 1501D, would that win anything? Thanks

If you set it up properly and test test and retest it to get the quality you want, you should do well in your catagory.It's best to get someone with experience to help you get things right.I'm not spl,but there are whole bunch here who is and also they have some educational info here as well, just read through these pages here and the forums here and take notes compare the notes and test your findings. There are a great many people here who will be happy to give info for you,and there are some things in the how to guide as well so explore a little.

New Post 03-01-2005 01:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rhaze36 Click here to Send Rhaze36 a Private Message Find more posts by Rhaze36 Add Rhaze36 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhaze36

RE: How to get started

quote:
I am looking to start competing in competitions but i am not sure where to go to sign up. I live in the Detroit area are there any competitions around here? And how much is it to compete? Thanks

Loook down about 12 threads in this subect thread.(DJBASS) has the thread

New Post 03-01-2005 01:25 AM
ike2150

RE: How to get started

quote:

mecacaraudio.com or termlab.com.

New Post 04-20-2005 11:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ike2150 Click here to Send ike2150 a Private Message Find more posts by ike2150 Add ike2150 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
highrollin74

check out Slapshow.com,you ca register on the site for SLAP Competitions,they will have all the info,and you get a discount on the entry fee if your a member.The classes for PSL go by the cone surface area(example-2 10"s would be 157sq inches,so without any modifications to the car it would be in the stock 1-160 class),the DBQ comps go by the amount of rated power@4ohms you have total(example-if you have a 50x4 amp running mids and highs with 300x1 running your sub(s),then that would put you in Stock 1-600).

New Post 04-25-2005 05:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for highrollin74 Click here to Send highrollin74 a Private Message Find more posts by highrollin74 Add highrollin74 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting