Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Other Mobile Electronics > Connecting PC Hard Disk Drive to stereo?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bladerunner

Connecting PC Hard Disk Drive to stereo?

hi, my question is if this is possible, i mean use a PC HDD as music storage inside the car, and creating an interface to connect it to the stereo, or if there is a stereo that comes with this feature included, or i shall have to burn all my songs on CD(2000+, damn!), i have heard about the iPod, and guess that is the most simmilar stuff that i shall find...anyway, answers pleased

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-02-2005 02:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bladerunner Click here to Send Bladerunner a Private Message Find more posts by Bladerunner Add Bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lamontlamont

I dont think they have that yet but i know that clarion makes a head unit with a feature they call music cather. it has built into it 128mb of flash storage, you basically insert a disk of mp3 and it can record it to its built in memory. im guessing they will come out with this feature soon only problem i can see is transferring mp3's from yoru computer to the car, that might be done one disk at a time which could be a pain in the butt. you can however make your own, if you get an old laptop with say 3 gigs of hard drive memory , rip off the monitor and connect the monitor out put to one of those head units with a monitor you can make your own. i would then rip off the mouse pad and put it on the dash board , add windows 95 and it should work. if you make a custom computer case and use the mother board etc from the lap top that would work great too.

New Post 03-02-2005 07:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lamontlamont Click here to Send lamontlamont a Private Message Find more posts by lamontlamont Add lamontlamont to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
korndog

i've seen people actually put computers in their cars and output the sound from their sound card to the amps. otherwise, you can get an entire mp3 system with a built-in hard drive which you can transfer all ur music too, but its rather costly about 300 last time i checked, if ur still interested i can find the link.

New Post 03-07-2005 03:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for korndog Click here to Send korndog a Private Message Find more posts by korndog Add korndog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Safe&Sound

Sure your idea is possible but what a headache! Check out all the new Alpine decks that control the Ipod. You get song, artist and playlist displayed plus complete control from headunit buttons and it even charges the battery in the Ipod. Kenwood offers the Music Keg which isn't portable like the Ipod but offers a cool voice feature that says the song/playlist as you scroll up and down so you can keep your eyes on the road. There's too many cool things available now (and affordable) to need a PC (for music) in your car. www.mysafeandsound.com

New Post 03-17-2005 05:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Safe&Sound Click here to Send Safe&Sound a Private Message Find more posts by Safe&Sound Add Safe&Sound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting