Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > here's how u install two head units in one car
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
lamontlamont

here's how u install two head units in one car

i responded to a guy who was asking how to install two head units into a car. i gave him a complicated answer about using a bunch of relays then it just came to me a simple way to do it. first of all im assuming people who want to install two head units want to install one tape head unit and one cd head unit. anyway, here is the simple way, first you install the first unit completely, th en you install the second head unit but just connect the power ground and ignition wires, then u get a 1 ft long rca cable and connect the second units line out to the first units aux in. Isnt that easy? only problem is the first unit will have to be on to use the second unit but i dont think any body minds that minor problem, plus the second unit wont be drawing much current since its not driving any speakers. what do u guys think about that? im going to do this because i have a nice alpine 7513 tape head unit and i want to install a cd mp3 player.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-29-2005 06:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lamontlamont Click here to Send lamontlamont a Private Message Find more posts by lamontlamont Add lamontlamont to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lamontlamont

i almost forgot

i forgot to mention, you can also put a relay across the first unit's power wire and connect the relay to the second unit so that when u turn the second unit on it willturn on the first unit automatically, and vice versa

New Post 03-29-2005 06:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lamontlamont Click here to Send lamontlamont a Private Message Find more posts by lamontlamont Add lamontlamont to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
korndog

thats a good idea, but its hard as hell finding a HU with inputs.. atleast i couldn't find one except for the expensive fancy dvd/cd players

New Post 03-30-2005 12:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for korndog Click here to Send korndog a Private Message Find more posts by korndog Add korndog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spoonfed

But if you're trying to put two decks in a car you've probably got some cash to spend, I think.

New Post 03-30-2005 12:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Spoonfed Click here to Send Spoonfed a Private Message Find more posts by Spoonfed Add Spoonfed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ozmodius

Panasonic

The Panasonic Ghost face version (dont have model numbers now) have Aux-In rca's, 5.5v preamp outs for Front, Rear and Sub. I have my MP3 player hooked up to the Aux-In rca's .. this setup kicks ass. My brother sold me this HU for $170 .. hands down the best i've ever had. SQ is perfect .. and it has true 25wrms/channel. Very, Very clean sound at high volume. It sounds like i put some serious cash down the coaxials .. when in fact they're stock 6 1/2" front and back.

New Post 03-30-2005 02:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ozmodius Click here to Send Ozmodius a Private Message Find more posts by Ozmodius Add Ozmodius to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lamontlamont

I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF MODELS FOR ABOUT 150 ON CRUTCHFIELD. I HAVE SEEN A FEW AIWA AND JVC MODELS WITH IT TOO. PIONEER SUCKS WHEN IT COMES TO AUX IN BECAUSE U HAVE TO BUY A SEPERATE PART. i DONT THINK MOST PEOPLE WANT OT MODIFY THEIR DASH BOARD BUT YOU CAN USUALLY STUFF A STEREO IN THAT TAPE HOLDER OR THAT COIN OR CUP HOLDER SLOT. MY CAR IS AN ACCORD AND I NEED TO FIND ONE OF THOSE CASSETTE TAPE HOLDER CONSOLES THAT CAME ON SOME MODELS. WHEN I GET IT I WILL CUT OUT THE PLASTIC TABS THAT HOLD THE CASSETTE CASES UP RIGHT THEN STUFF A TAPE DECK INTO IT SO THAT I CAN LISTEN TO BOTH MY CD PLAYER AND MY TAPE. I would like to also mention that any car stereo that can control a cd changer can be modified to accept aux input. all cd changers put out an audio signal which goes into the headunit, you just need to find the correct wires. some units require a signal to come from the cd changer in order for the head unit to recognise it.

New Post 03-30-2005 08:46 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting