Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > Dont know which 4 amplifer I need to get...
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nthin2hate

Dont know which 4 amplifer I need to get...

Atotek SS-590.2 550x1 Hifonics BX500D 500X1 Phoenix Gold Octane-R 5.0:1 500x1 Alpine MRD-M605 400x1 JL Audio 500 500x1 Kicker KX400.1 400x1 I will be running with 3 subwoofer of JL which it will be 12w1v2.4 which it wil be 150 power handing (continuous)... Hope yall will tell me which the best for that subwoofer...

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 04-03-2005 06:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nthin2hate Click here to Send Nthin2hate a Private Message Find more posts by Nthin2hate Add Nthin2hate to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jaboran

RE: Dont know which 4 amplifer I need to get...

quote:
Originally posted on 04-03-2005 by Nthin2hate
Atotek SS-590.2 550x1 Hifonics BX500D 500X1 Phoenix Gold Octane-R 5.0:1 500x1 Alpine MRD-M605 400x1 JL Audio 500 500x1 Kicker KX400.1 400x1 I will be running with 3 subwoofer of JL which it will be 12w1v2.4 which it wil be 150 power handing (continuous)... Hope yall will tell me which the best for that subwoofer...

hmm.. 3 subs off of a mono amp?... i imagine those subs are single 4 ohm.. so yer gonna need an amp that is pretty close to 1ohm stable.. 150x3 would be 450 rms... actually look at the hifonics mono amp called the MERLIN... for $150 bucks u get a 1ohm stable amp that pumps out really close to the rated rms(450rms a perfect match for the subs if they are single 4 ohm subs))...

cuz none of the amps u have listed are 1 ohm stable... so that is why i suggest the hifonics merlin amp.. look for it at http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13988

... again.. a very good amp... a D class amp(very bass specific for efficiency and bump) for around $150... it will handle the sub load.. because, if u got any of those amps u listed and u loaded that amp up with a 1.5 ohm load(3 subs @4ohms each).. then when u turn up the volume, the amp would go into protect mode and shutoff when u dont want it too

New Post 04-04-2005 07:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jaboran Click here to Send jaboran a Private Message Find more posts by jaboran Add jaboran to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nthin2hate

RE: RE: Dont know which 4 amplifer I need to get...

quote:
Originally posted on 04-04-2005 by jaboran
hmm.. 3 subs off of a mono amp?... i imagine those subs are single 4 ohm.. so yer gonna need an amp that is pretty close to 1ohm stable.. 150x3 would be 450 rms... actually look at the hifonics mono amp called the MERLIN... for $150 bucks u get a 1ohm stable amp that pumps out really close to the rated rms(450rms a perfect match for the subs if they are single 4 ohm subs))...

cuz none of the amps u have listed are 1 ohm stable... so that is why i suggest the hifonics merlin amp.. look for it at http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13988

... again.. a very good amp... a D class amp(very bass specific for efficiency and bump) for around $150... it will handle the sub load.. because, if u got any of those amps u listed and u loaded that amp up with a 1.5 ohm load(3 subs @4ohms each).. then when u turn up the volume, the amp would go into protect mode and shutoff when u dont want it too

let you know each sub will runnin with 8 ohms of nominal impedance...

New Post 04-04-2005 11:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nthin2hate Click here to Send Nthin2hate a Private Message Find more posts by Nthin2hate Add Nthin2hate to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jaboran

RE: RE: RE: Dont know which 4 amplifer I need to get...

quote:
Originally posted on 04-04-2005 by Nthin2hate
let you know each sub will runnin with 8 ohms of nominal impedance...

oh.. okay... if u want loud.. go with the kicker... if u want good sounding bass then go with the jl.. if u want a good mix of the 2(loud and good) then get the alpine.... if it were me.. i would look at the kicker

New Post 04-05-2005 12:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jaboran Click here to Send jaboran a Private Message Find more posts by jaboran Add jaboran to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nthin2hate

RE: RE: RE: RE: Dont know which 4 amplifer I need to get...

quote:
Originally posted on 04-05-2005 by jaboran
oh.. okay... if u want loud.. go with the kicker... if u want good sounding bass then go with the jl.. if u want a good mix of the 2(loud and good) then get the alpine.... if it were me.. i would look at the kicker

which model then?

New Post 04-05-2005 01:22 AM
jaboran

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Dont know which 4 amplifer I need to get...

quote:
Originally posted on 04-05-2005 by Nthin2hate
which model then?

kicker 400.1 (the kicker amp willput out at least 400 watts at 2 ohm... there should be a "birth" sheet with the amp showing ya what the amp was rated at when it was manufactured and tested... if it were me.. i would look at the kicker 400.1

New Post 04-05-2005 11:55 AM
jntar

Either the JL or the kicker. The JL 500/1 is a great amp and the kicker 400.1 or 600.1 will work great too.

New Post 04-05-2005 02:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jntar Click here to Send jntar a Private Message Find more posts by jntar Add jntar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nthin2hate

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-05-2005 by jntar
Either the JL or the kicker. The JL 500/1 is a great amp and the kicker 400.1 or 600.1 will work great too.

Thanks yall... I will still lookin forward to check these Amplifer just want make it look good and match right....

New Post 04-07-2005 01:05 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
kaotiksyko, from , CO. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting