Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Other Mobile Electronics > Build your own alarm NO thief could disable...
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
riva16

Build your own alarm NO thief could disable...

I'm starting to put a lot of money into a system so uhh, i need am alarm NO thief could NOT set off. I'm talking... In order to steal anything from my truck, you would HAVE, and i mean HAVE to open one of the doors, or the tailgate. all in whcih are on switches that will turn the dome lights on. Well, if the thief cuts the battery cable, the switches won't turn the dome lights on... Well, by patching off the dome lights power source into a few of those super loud piezzo alarms that cost $5 a piece, when the doors opened, the alarms go off... Well, the thief cut the battery cable, no more alarm... Until, you buy that second batery thats mounted int he car itself, or that 1/2 Farad power cap... As soon as the battery cables cut, your main source of power is that second battery and/or the cap... Having those mounted in the car itself, the thief wouldn't assume, and the alarm would still go off... My advise, just buy 5 or 6 of those super loud piezzo alrms, and wire them up under the hood, but hidden out of site, and power them off the dome light... The only problem is, everytime you opent he door to get in, it'll go off unless your good with electronics, and build a remote on/off trigger. thats easy too... You can't steal my system... No way. Unless you ignore the loudass piezzo alarms. I'm sure no one else will though...

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 04-16-2005 10:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for riva16 Click here to Send riva16 a Private Message Find more posts by riva16 Add riva16 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
highrollin74

The only problem with this is that the power for the light is DC,the cone for a speaker only move one direction with DC power,so the horns wouldnt make any sound.Why not just buy an alarm and wire it to your secondary battery.

New Post 04-17-2005 01:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for highrollin74 Click here to Send highrollin74 a Private Message Find more posts by highrollin74 Add highrollin74 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitestalker

get a small gel cell 12 volt battery they use for computer back ups and wire it in, that should do fine

New Post 05-06-2005 06:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nitestalker Click here to Send nitestalker a Private Message Find more posts by nitestalker Add nitestalker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hispls

Use a good air horn kit (don't mount it under the hood either!)

New Post 05-15-2005 05:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hispls Click here to Send hispls a Private Message Find more posts by hispls Add hispls to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
audio1der01

-think like a thief -hide everything well -Battery backup sirens -battery backup for alarm brain --sirens under dash, pointed towrds floor to make being under there very unpleasant -strobe lights inside and out to attract attention Don't ask me how I know ;-)

New Post 06-06-2005 02:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for audio1der01 Click here to Send audio1der01 a Private Message Find more posts by audio1der01 Add audio1der01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lamontlamont

that sounds like a lot of work, you are better off just buying a back up battery that is made for car alarms. basically its a mini 12v battery with a small computer brain, this brains senses when the back up battery is low and it will allow it to connect to the cars electrical system to charge its self, then, when its charged, the brain disconnects the back up battery from the electrical system. you need one of these things because if you just put a mini battery in by its self, it will discharge and not work when you need it, if you left it connected all the time it will over charge and you will ruin it. hide the battery in the dash. also, the brain senses when the system voltage drops (aka your battery wire is cut) it then triggers the alarm while powering the alarm at the same time.... i have one of these batteries and brains its from dei. i havent used mine because i had it so long sitting in a box the battery probably doesnt even work anymore but i just have to buy another cheap battery, the brain is the main part anyway.

New Post 06-23-2005 05:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lamontlamont Click here to Send lamontlamont a Private Message Find more posts by lamontlamont Add lamontlamont to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lamontlamont

i once built a decent alarm with two relays a dpdt switch and a flashing led i bought it all for less than 5 dollars and it worked great, if u tried to start the car the horn would go off and the car wouldnt start until u flipped the switch. only problem is, i couldnt trigger the doors because once i flipped the arm switch i couldnt get out of the car with out it going off, i could have put a key switch on the fender but i didnt want to drill a hole in my car. i was thinking of putting a magnetic switch behind the fender and using a magnet as a disarm key.

New Post 06-23-2005 05:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lamontlamont Click here to Send lamontlamont a Private Message Find more posts by lamontlamont Add lamontlamont to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting