Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > 4 Chanls - 6 Spkrs: Best Config?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
zuby1

4 Chanls - 6 Spkrs: Best Config?

Setup: 98 Mustang GT Convt. - JVC Head w/ 4x40 on board - MTX 5 chnl 4x50 + 300w Sub - 1 pr Infinity 5x7 frnt doors - 1 pr 5 1/4 MTX 2-way component spkrs sides of back seat - 2 10" subs in box in trunk ? I'd like to add a second set of MTX 5 1/4 2-way components up front. The Mustang has factory tweeter mounts up by the side mirrors and I'll put the mid-range 5 1/4s in the kick panels. Can the JVC head power that extra pair with its on board 4x40 amp (maybe just using the 2x40 frnt channel) while providing the line level signal to the MTX 5chnl amp? Thanks, I hope this made sense.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-06-2003 01:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for zuby1 Click here to Send zuby1 a Private Message Find more posts by zuby1 Add zuby1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
meanman101

Sounds like you got a plan in the works. Personally I use a seperate amps 1 for my subs and 1 for my speakers. Your JVC HU is way over rated (as are most car HUs). I'm no expert but I cant see a small HU putting out 160 watts. Check the manual it should give you the RMS rating for the stereo, something like 12x4. On your 5 channel amp use 4 channels for the smaller speakers and if your largest speakers can handle a 2 ohm load put them together on the 5th channel (check your amp manual to see if that configuration is ok, some amps wont allow for different impendences). Your HU should be able to power the tweeters.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-07-2003 04:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for meanman101 Click here to Send meanman101 a Private Message Find more posts by meanman101 Add meanman101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
kaotiksyko, from , CO. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting