Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Car Audio Competitions and Shows > comps in the ohio valley region?
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
xxwiredxx

comps in the ohio valley region?

Do any of you know of any upcoming spl or sq comps in this area in the next few months? I was just really interested in going and checking out an event to get some good ideas of a new setup im contemplating on getting in the very near future.Any info on any events in my area will be greatly appreciated.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 04-20-2005 10:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xxwiredxx Click here to Send xxwiredxx a Private Message Find more posts by xxwiredxx Add xxwiredxx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ike2150

I'm in a circuit called MECA- Mobile Electronics Competition Association and I'm from Ohio. They have alot of events. Go to mecacaraudio.com and go to events calender.

New Post 04-20-2005 11:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ike2150 Click here to Send ike2150 a Private Message Find more posts by ike2150 Add ike2150 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xxwiredxx

Thanks Ike,I appreciate it man.

New Post 04-21-2005 10:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for xxwiredxx Click here to Send xxwiredxx a Private Message Find more posts by xxwiredxx Add xxwiredxx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xxwiredxx

Yeah,I just found an event in my area but its not until June 12,2005.But at least we have one fairly close to go to, it is in Fort Campbell,Ky. That is only like a 40 minute drive from where I live,it should be a half decent little event.Just not alot ever goes on in Western Ky..LOL! And thanks again for the link Ike...

New Post 04-22-2005 07:40 PM
subfanatic

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-22-2005 by xxwiredxx
Yeah,I just found an event in my area but its not until June 12,2005.But at least we have one fairly close to go to, it is in Fort Campbell,Ky. That is only like a 40 minute drive from where I live,it should be a half decent little event.Just not alot ever goes on in Western Ky..LOL! And thanks again for the link Ike...

ddue, ill see ya there, tell me when it gets close, WALTON KY right here, with my old box today i hit 146 termlab, i cant wait to break 150 with my new box lol

New Post 04-22-2005 10:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for subfanatic Click here to Send subfanatic a Private Message Find more posts by subfanatic Add subfanatic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xxwiredxx

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-22-2005 by subfanatic
ddue, ill see ya there, tell me when it gets close, WALTON KY right here, with my old box today i hit 146 termlab, i cant wait to break 150 with my new box lol

Hey subfanatic, Those are some damn good numbers for a termlab mic, I must give you props on those numbers.But correct me if im wrong,isnt Walton up around Cincinnati? Hopefully that new box your building will get those numbers where you want them.I will let you know when it gets closer to the time of the event.If you dont mind me asking,what kind of equipment are you running right now?

New Post 04-22-2005 11:50 PM
subfanatic

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-22-2005 by xxwiredxx
Hey subfanatic, Those are some damn good numbers for a termlab mic, I must give you props on those numbers.But correct me if im wrong,isnt Walton up around Cincinnati? Hopefully that new box your building will get those numbers where you want them.I will let you know when it gets closer to the time of the event.If you dont mind me asking,what kind of equipment are you running right now?

with the 146.4 today i was running 550 watts rms to my sub in a ported box i built tuned to 28 hrtz, my sub is a 15 eclipse ti, next week im rebuuilding and modding the box and my new amp should arrice, and ill be running 1200w atts rms to my 15 eclipse ti ni a box tuned to 45 hrtz 7.0 cubic feet after dispplacement

New Post 04-23-2005 12:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for subfanatic Click here to Send subfanatic a Private Message Find more posts by subfanatic Add subfanatic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xxwiredxx

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-23-2005 by subfanatic
with the 146.4 today i was running 550 watts rms to my sub in a ported box i built tuned to 28 hrtz, my sub is a 15 eclipse ti, next week im rebuuilding and modding the box and my new amp should arrice, and ill be running 1200w atts rms to my 15 eclipse ti ni a box tuned to 45 hrtz 7.0 cubic feet after dispplacement

Im looking forward to seeing it and of course hearing it down in Fort Campbell..Good luck again with all that...

New Post 04-23-2005 01:10 AM
subfanatic

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-23-2005 by xxwiredxx
Im looking forward to seeing it and of course hearing it down in Fort Campbell..Good luck again with all that...

thank you, means alot, what are you running?

New Post 04-23-2005 03:29 PM
ike2150

There is a huge show in Lucusville 5/6-5/8. Called Cruisefest- It was awesome last year. You can compete both days and see some tits. I'll be there for sure, I will probably break 157 on the T-lab if I finish my alterations. High for this year is 155.4 now.

New Post 04-23-2005 03:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ike2150 Click here to Send ike2150 a Private Message Find more posts by ike2150 Add ike2150 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xxwiredxx

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
thank you, means alot, what are you running?

I will be there to just get ideas and check out the show in general.I wont be entering my system,it would be a waste of time and plus an embarrasing disappointment on my behalf if I entered it like it is..LOL!! It is just a daily driver system that is put together by a guy on a really tight budget..But hopefully in the near future I can save up enough cash for a system more suitable for my tastes.
Here is all I have hooked up in my 1998 Monte Carlo z34..
(1) Panasonic CQ-DF903U Head Unit
(1) Hifonics BX1000D Mono Amp running at 1ohm
(2) Dub Audio dub200 dual 4ohm subs wired at a 2ohm load
(1)P.O.S. Prefab dual slot ported box tuned to 32hz
(1) Set of Kenwood 4-way 6x9 speakers in the rear deck

All I have listed is what I have currently installed in my car,but I do have other equipment setting around the house waiting for me to get installed.But my current money situation is holding me back on installing the other equipment for the time being. I would make a list of my equipment that is not installed for you,but im getting tired of typing if you want to know what it is just let me know I will add it on to this post in a little while..Later bro..

New Post 04-23-2005 08:26 PM
subfanatic

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
I will be there to just get ideas and check out the show in general.I wont be entering my system,it would be a waste of time and plus an embarrasing disappointment on my behalf if I entered it like it is..LOL!! It is just a daily driver system that is put together by a guy on a really tight budget..But hopefully in the near future I can save up enough cash for a system more suitable for my tastes.Here is all I have hooked up in my 1998 Monte Carlo z34..
(1) Panasonic CQ-DF903U Head Unit
(1) Hifonics BX1000D Mono Amp running at 1ohm
(2) Dub Audio dub200 dual 4ohm subs wired at a 2ohm load
(1)P.O.S. Prefab dual slot ported box tuned to 32hz
(1) Set of Kenwood 4-way 6x9 speakers in the rear deck

All I have listed is what I have currently installed in my car,but I do have other equipment setting around the house waiting for me to get installed.But my current money situation is holding me back on installing the other equipment for the time being. I would make a list of my equipment that is not installed for you,but im getting tired of typing if you want to know what it is just let me know I will add it on to this post in a little while..Later bro..

lol i know what its like, i have 2000+ dollers worth of merchandise sitting in my room lol and i cnat install it yet due to the alternator status, but yea, what else u got laying around, and if u need a new box cause yours is a pos, yell at me and ill build a custom one for ya and bring it down to the show, i do custom woodwork and fiberglassing for people

New Post 04-23-2005 08:43 PM
xxwiredxx

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-23-2005 by ike2150
There is a huge show in Lucusville 5/6-5/8. Called Cruisefest- It was awesome last year. You can compete both days and see some tits. I'll be there for sure, I will probably break 157 on the T-lab if I finish my alterations. High for this year is 155.4 now.

Ike,that sounds like a badass event bro.I wished I could come up to Ohio to see it,if the price of gas wasnt so high these days I wouldnt mind driving up there to check it out.But I checked Mapquest.com to see how far it was and it would take me a little over 6 hours to get there.But I appreciate all the info you gave me about this event.And by the way,good luck up at Lucasville I hope you hit those numbers your looking to get.DAMN I WISHED I COULD GO!!! LOL!! Take care man,Later...

New Post 04-23-2005 08:48 PM
xxwiredxx

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
lol i know what its like, i have 2000+ dollers worth of merchandise sitting in my room lol and i cnat install it yet due to the alternator status, but yea, what else u got laying around, and if u need a new box cause yours is a pos, yell at me and ill build a custom one for ya and bring it down to the show, i do custom woodwork and fiberglassing for people

Well I can promise you whats laying around is nowhere near 2000+ dollars,it is more in the range of $750 to $800..LOL!! And I know what you mean by alternator problems,when I am out at night I can just be listening to my system on no more then 15 on the volume level,and my lights blink to the bass as it hits..So i am sure that is my next step in my install.I will have to get myself a nice and beefy H.O. alternator and a yellow top battery to go with it.And I really do appreciate the offer to build a much needed new enclosure,but I am thinking about just tossing the Dub Audio subs and buying just one Memphis Mojo or one DD9512 and then I may look into discussing a nice built enclosure.Thanks again on the offer bro..

"Here is a list of the stuff not installed laying around the house,but some will not be installed unless I find a place for it in the future"...
(1) Set of Dub Audio 5.25 Components for the front doors
(1) Set of Ultra Linear 5.25 Components "probably not going to install"
(1) SOLID AUDIO F-45 4-channel amp "for the front components and rear 6x9's"
(1) Saga Power Audio MB-1200 4-channel amp "probably not going to install"
(1) Pioneer 12 disc fm modulated cd changer "bought back in 1993 and looks and operates just like it did when I bought it new"
(1) "old school" Toshiba TP-850 2 channel amp " I bought it back in the early 90's and it still works great" "probably not going to install"
(1) "old school" Pioneer DEX-M300 Multi-CD Control FM/AM Tuner "it was designed with no internal amp and just a set of front and rear outputs to use this fine piece of equipment,I bought it new and never even used it" "not going to install it"

As you can see by my list there is definately not anything fancy or high dollar about this equipment,but oh well,I guess it will suite its purpose..LOL!!

New Post 04-23-2005 09:45 PM
subfanatic

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Well I can promise you whats laying around is nowhere near 2000+ dollars,it is more in the range of $750 to $800..LOL!! And I know what you mean by alternator problems,when I am out at night I can just be listening to my system on no more then 15 on the volume level,and my lights blink to the bass as it hits..So i am sure that is my next step in my install.I will have to get myself a nice and beefy H.O. alternator and a yellow top battery to go with it.And I really do appreciate the offer to build a much needed new enclosure,but I am thinking about just tossing the Dub Audio subs and buying just one Memphis Mojo or one DD9512 and then I may look into discussing a nice built enclosure.Thanks again on the offer bro..

"Here is a list of the stuff not installed laying around the house,but some will not be installed unless I find a place for it in the future"...
(1) Set of Dub Audio 5.25 Components for the front doors
(1) Set of Ultra Linear 5.25 Components "probably not going to install"
(1) SOLID AUDIO F-45 4-channel amp "for the front components and rear 6x9's"
(1) Saga Power Audio MB-1200 4-channel amp "probably not going to install"
(1) Pioneer 12 disc fm modulated cd changer "bought back in 1993 and looks and operates just like it did when I bought it new"
(1) "old school" Toshiba TP-850 2 channel amp " I bought it back in the early 90's and it still works great" "probably not going to install"
(1) "old school" Pioneer DEX-M300 Multi-CD Control FM/AM Tuner "it was designed with no internal amp and just a set of front and rear outputs to use this fine piece of equipment,I bought it new and never even used it" "not going to install it"

As you can see by my list there is definately not anything fancy or high dollar about this equipment,but oh well,I guess it will suite its purpose..LOL!!

the saga, and the old school toshinba, are these for sale? cause i need a few amps for my room lol?? how much, and what are the specs if they are lol

New Post 04-23-2005 10:29 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting