Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > What was your first system?
Go Back Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nova

What was your first system?

i had a $50 Xtreme Sound Deck (CD) a NICE midrange system (2 6 1/2 and tweeters) 2 300 watt 6 1/2 $8 bass tubes that ROCKED hard core, they made the quater panels on the nova rattle, then i went to the VR3 12" Subs with a professionally built box, with a 10 band 100watt Amp Booster EQ

what was your first system??? and how much has carstereo.com helped u to get there?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 04-29-2005 01:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nova Click here to Send Nova a Private Message Find more posts by Nova Add Nova to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xxwiredxx

Wow!! To look back on what I had back then,I just have to laugh.And to beat all I thought it sounded good.Boy was I ever wrong..LOL!!! To start off it was 1989 and I had a 1986 Cadillac Cimarron.I installed a Jensen pull-out tape deck in place of the factory delco.I also replaced the front speakers in the dash with a set of Pioneer "3.25" 2-ways.Also replaced the rear deck 6x9's with a set of Pioneer 4-ways.All four pioneers were running off the Jensen tape deck.And built a custom ported box for two 4 ohm single voice coil Pyramid Phase 3 subwoofers.And I was running the subs off a 2 channel Majestic Amplifier at an 150 per channel rms rating..Now that just brought back alot of memories...I must be getting old..LOL!!

Another funny thing I forgot to add was that the Pyramid subs that I had back then,are still in good shape and being used everday in my cousins work truck.. :P

New Post 04-29-2005 02:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for xxwiredxx Click here to Send xxwiredxx a Private Message Find more posts by xxwiredxx Add xxwiredxx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pdk469

In my 85 Honda Accord: Jensen cd player, Craig 6 1/2's up front that when you rolled the windows the grills would fall off, pioneer 6X9's in the rear deck that were sized for 6 1/2s, 2 jensen 10's in a bandbass box with a punch 45 pushin them that my buddy traded me for a weight bench. I'm almost certain the amp was stolen property. When we installed the amp we ran out of power wire so being quite resourceful, as well as cheap, we used the power cord from my cousin's curling iron to get the length we needed. I thought it bumped! What sucks is that someone actually broke in and stole it all.

New Post 04-29-2005 02:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pdk469 Click here to Send pdk469 a Private Message Find more posts by pdk469 Add pdk469 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
squad

My first system was Sony cd deck, infinity 3.5"s, sony 6.5"s, 2 Jensen A120 amps, still have one of em! 2 pioneer 12"s in a homemade box.

New Post 04-29-2005 09:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for squad Click here to Send squad a Private Message Find more posts by squad Add squad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ugzz

1st system

- - - 1st test system was in a 89 cutlass sierra, had infinity 3.5's in the dash, a sony 18rmsx4 casette deck, and pioneer tsa 6999s for 6x9's. those are the pioneers that had the compression horns. i eventually bought a alpine 50x2 for them cause the 18w couldnt move them at all. To this day i still have not found a 6x9 with better bass, ive found ones that are louder, but not as low hz at those pioneers, they were crazy low... :P - - - - - - - - - 1st real system: in a eagle vision. sony cd/mp3 player.. the one i still have now hehe and infinity 5.25 reference components, alpine typr R 6x9s. alpine 6x9s powered off the alpine 50x2 from the other system, inifinitys power from radio.. and 2 alpine e-type 12s, didnt bump much, but it wasnt a terrible start...

New Post 04-29-2005 10:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ugzz Click here to Send ugzz a Private Message Find more posts by ugzz Add ugzz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

I can't even call it a "system" really. But the first set up I really spent some time installing myself was an Audiovox tape player (I was happy just because it had a digital display), a pair of pioneer 4" 2-ways in the kick panels, and a pair of Audiovox 6.5" 3-ways that I made some teeny tiny plywood boxes for to go under the seat.

The HU only had two channels, I didn't realize it at the time, but I had it wired at 2 ohms stereo. Surprisingly - it worked.

This was in my first car - a '79 Datsun truck. I was 14 :D.

Eventually I ended up with a JVC tape player, the Pioneer 4's off the HU and a Pyramid dual 10" truck box off a bridged pyramid pb600. Probably a couple hundred watts to each sub. Got fairly loud, just couldn't get much below 50 hz. It wasn't bad at all given my budget.

New Post 04-29-2005 10:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssi

my first system was in a '73 volkswagen beetle.
it was a blaupunkt head unit, run into a clarion crossover. from there i had 3 soundstorm "1000 watt" amps, powering 6 rockfod fosgate XLC 12's, in 3 sealed boxes stacked on top of each other, the car was walled off. i installed it all myself and that damn thing was LOUD!!!!!!!!! that was 7 years ago.

New Post 04-29-2005 11:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ssi Click here to Send ssi a Private Message Find more posts by ssi Add ssi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbRF

panasonic 301u, stock mids, fultron tweets, audiofonics 800 watt 2 channel, and a rockford fosgate HE 12. In a Audio Dynamic vented truck box

New Post 04-29-2005 11:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dbRF Click here to Send dbRF a Private Message Find more posts by dbRF Add dbRF to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
highrollin74

My first car was a 79 Mazda RX7,I had a Pioneer tape deck with a little 2channel power booster with bass/treble controls,and some JVC 6.5"s in the doors and in the rears,I had some Fultron 10's but the box they were in wouldnt fit in the car,it never occured to me to get a new one.Of course I coudnt have amped them,all I had was the booster.It was loud and clear,but only sounded good with rock,didnt have any lows whatsoever.

New Post 04-29-2005 11:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for highrollin74 Click here to Send highrollin74 a Private Message Find more posts by highrollin74 Add highrollin74 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PiDiZzEl

first system was a old beat up pioneer head unit... i dont even remember the model. then i had kicker components, stock rear speakers (shit), and two 12" cvr's hooked to a kicker kx800.2. back then i used to think kicker was the shit

then i got an L7... biggest mistake of my life... i sold it to some dude who thinks spl is all that matters

New Post 04-29-2005 12:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PiDiZzEl Click here to Send PiDiZzEl a Private Message Find more posts by PiDiZzEl Add PiDiZzEl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nova

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-29-2005 by ssi
my first system was in a '73 volkswagen beetle.
it was a blaupunkt head unit, run into a clarion crossover. from there i had 3 soundstorm "1000 watt" amps, powering 6 rockfod fosgate XLC 12's, in 3 sealed boxes stacked on top of each other, the car was walled off. i installed it all myself and that damn thing was LOUD!!!!!!!!! that was 7 years ago.

Wow that was the best first install on this tread, 6 12" RF Subwoofers?!?!?!?!? damn!!! SSI is first, Shannon is second, Me and N2 are tied fer third :P

New Post 04-29-2005 01:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nova Click here to Send Nova a Private Message Find more posts by Nova Add Nova to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nova

Im so ashamed i forgot to say i also had a Cuspid Xtreme $60 Amp... $60 for 80 Watts

New Post 04-29-2005 01:47 PM
audeogod

re

I also gotta give SSI the first place award for a first system.

I listed my first attempt at an audio install on the previous thread titled "that's F-ing it". It was in a 10 year old 82 model Chevette using a Sparkomatic deck and Roadmaster speakers.

But my first REAL system(or as real as you can get without being totally rednecked and cheap no named shit) was in a 98 Lumina several years later. It had a Panasonic CD player with 22x4 output, and that's peak, not RMS cause I don't remember it, and I had a pair of Sony Xplod 3-way 5 1/4's in the front doors and a pair of Sony Xplod 6x9 3-ways in the back. All deck power only. Front door speakers were highpassed at 300Hz with bass blockers. I also bought a pair of Pyramid aluminum 10's(they said Pyramid Power) and a 400 watt Profile California amp to push them, but I never installed them. Just sold it, and a couple of months later, I got divorced and that car went with my ex-bitch.

At the time, I thought it was wonderfully clear(with just speakers and deck only, no subs), and much better than factory was. But it wasn't nearly as good as what I have now. So, I don't really know what to say is my first "real" system. I always thought of it as the Chevette, but that was just mostly a joke compared to actually doing something and getting it right. Even if that "something right" was using Sony Xplod, which is just average at best.

New Post 04-29-2005 02:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for audeogod Click here to Send audeogod a Private Message Find more posts by audeogod Add audeogod to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pksimon28

My first and only system is the one I have now in my install gallery. It literally took me almost a year to save up money from my job to get everything, but now I am extremely happy and I am glad that I was patient and bought quality equipment.

New Post 04-29-2005 03:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pksimon28 Click here to Send pksimon28 a Private Message Find more posts by pksimon28 Add pksimon28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hispls

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-29-2005 by xxwiredxx
Wow!! To look back on what I had back then,I just have to laugh.And to beat all I thought it sounded good.Boy was I ever wrong..LOL!!! To start off it was 1989 and I had a 1986 Cadillac Cimarron.I installed a Jensen pull-out tape deck in place of the factory delco.I also replaced the front speakers in the dash with a set of Pioneer "3.25" 2-ways.Also replaced the rear deck 6x9's with a set of Pioneer 4-ways.All four pioneers were running off the Jensen tape deck.And built a custom ported box for two 4 ohm single voice coil Pyramid Phase 3 subwoofers.And I was running the subs off a 2 channel Majestic Amplifier at an 150 per channel rms rating..Now that just brought back alot of memories...I must be getting old..LOL!!

Another funny thing I forgot to add was that the Pyramid subs that I had back then,are still in good shape and being used everday in my cousins work truck.. :P

Gool Ol' Pyramid LOL. I used an old jensen amp in 89. Then got a RF Punch 45...that was the days when you could run them at 1/2 ohm all day long. I blew up speakers so fast back then, I would have a hard time listing everything....Not to mention I ran with a pretty rough crowd who would steal shit, sell it to you, then steal it back that week. I lost as many items as I bought from these guys :o(

New Post 04-29-2005 04:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hispls Click here to Send hispls a Private Message Find more posts by hispls Add hispls to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
kaotiksyko, from , CO. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting