Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Video & Multimedia > Budget Indash DVD Player
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pksimon28

Budget Indash DVD Player

I am looking for a fairly cheap in dash DVD player (up to $200) and am looking for recommendations. All it has to do is output a video signal to my lcd (although it would be nice if it could play VCDs and burned DVDs as well), and be able to output an audio signal to my head unit. I would also prefer it was a standard DIN mount, but if need be I could mount it in my glove box. Is there any reason not to go with a cheap $100 Farenheit or Power Acoustik?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-13-2005 12:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pksimon28 Click here to Send pksimon28 a Private Message Find more posts by pksimon28 Add pksimon28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
undertheradar

I bought an Audiovox in dash for my 99 Trooper off ebay for $50 shipped. Works perfectly! [img]http://i17.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/58/de/c8_1_b.JPG[/img]

New Post 05-13-2005 06:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for undertheradar Click here to Send undertheradar a Private Message Find more posts by undertheradar Add undertheradar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pksimon28

I ended up getting a factory refurbished Clarion VS735 for $120. The specs look great and it should do everything I want. Now I all I need is a cheap sun visor lcd...

New Post 05-14-2005 05:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pksimon28 Click here to Send pksimon28 a Private Message Find more posts by pksimon28 Add pksimon28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xxwiredxx

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-14-2005 by pksimon28
I ended up getting a factory refurbished Clarion VS735 for $120. The specs look great and it should do everything I want. Now I all I need is a cheap sun visor lcd...

Where did you purchase that Clarion from? Ebay? I was just curious because I am going to have to get something like that for my car,so I can keep my little girl occupied.Like all kids she gets bored easily,so this would b great for long road trips..Let me know how well it works when you get it all setup..I am wanting one that is capable of playing vcds and burned dvds those two options are a must..

New Post 05-14-2005 06:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xxwiredxx Click here to Send xxwiredxx a Private Message Find more posts by xxwiredxx Add xxwiredxx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pksimon28

I got it from Bass-Enterprises.com. The site seems really sketchy and I am just hoping that it comes, but if it all works out it will be great. They also have a clarion vs715 for $115, but it is an older model from like 2001 and does not play vcds. For that price all I had seen was pyle, legacy, power acoustik, etc..., and I didn't really like any of them. A lot of them had internal amps, and were more like head units with a dvd option, rather than a stand alone dvd player.

New Post 05-14-2005 07:07 PM
xxwiredxx

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-14-2005 by pksimon28
I got it from Bass-Enterprises.com. The site seems really sketchy and I am just hoping that it comes, but if it all works out it will be great. They also have a clarion vs715 for $115, but it is an older model from like 2001 and does not play vcds. For that price all I had seen was pyle, legacy, power acoustik, etc..., and I didn't really like any of them. A lot of them had internal amps, and were more like head units with a dvd option, rather than a stand alone dvd player.

Just checking to see if you got in your new clarion dvd player? If so how well does it perform for you?

New Post 06-02-2005 08:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xxwiredxx Click here to Send xxwiredxx a Private Message Find more posts by xxwiredxx Add xxwiredxx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pksimon28

I just installed it today with a clarion vrx6671z lcd. My only complaint is that it was kinda of noisy, but I have it mounted in a underdash kit and figure I will just put some sound deadener in the kit to lower the noise. I have not tried a burned dvd yet, but it plays normal dvds and burned vcds fine. Oh yeah, I got a crazy deal on the lcd screen on e-bay. I bought it as-is and without a harness for $40. I bought a harness for $10, powered it up and it worked fine! $40 for a 6.5" indash LCD.

New Post 06-02-2005 11:17 PM
xxwiredxx

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-02-2005 by pksimon28
I just installed it today with a clarion vrx6671z lcd. My only complaint is that it was kinda of noisy, but I have it mounted in a underdash kit and figure I will just put some sound deadener in the kit to lower the noise. I have not tried a burned dvd yet, but it plays normal dvds and burned vcds fine. Oh yeah, I got a crazy deal on the lcd screen on e-bay. I bought it as-is and without a harness for $40. I bought a harness for $10, powered it up and it worked fine! $40 for a 6.5" indash LCD.

I am glad to hear you got it hooked up.You got yourself a killer deal on that indash LCD..I have a friend that has just lost his job and is selling me a indash Soundstream dvd player for ONLY $50.00 and it has never been installed,and still has a warranty..I am going to snatch that up tomorrow.LOL!! But I am seriously thinking about buying 2 sunvisor lcd screens for my car,but I am not wanting to spend a fortune on them since I am on a budget..So if you know of any sites with some great deals on some just let me know..

New Post 06-03-2005 01:48 AM
pksimon28

I was looking at sunvisor screens for a while but several people told me that they could easily be spotted by cops. I never really researched the sunvisor lcds that much but was orginally looking at power acoustik and then clarion.

Here are the pics of the Vrx6671z installed in my dash. I orginally had it where the pocket was, but I could not open it up when the car was in park. As you can see to fix this I moved the AC controls to where the pocket used to be and moved the lcd screen to where the AC controls where. I also decided to move the DVD player to a less noticable location under the front passenger seat.

Old Dash

New Dash

Vrx6671z

New Post 06-05-2005 02:46 AM
xxwiredxx

Bro that really looks tight!! You got a hell of a deal on that LCD,thats for sure.And I wished I could fit something like a DVD player under either of my front seats but I cant even get my hand under them very far since I have power controls on both driver and passenger seats :-( But You did a great job getting it all to fit in there and not get in the way of your shifter.Did you ever find out if your new Clarion DVD player plays burned DVD-R or DVD-RW disc?

New Post 06-05-2005 04:34 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting