Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Your Opinion is appreciated.
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DarksideTucson

Your Opinion is appreciated.

Hey everyone I have put in a few systems in the past but I really don't have a deep technical base yet. I have read a bunch of posts and I definatley have a few ideas, I have bought a few things for my new car. I am looking for recomendations based on experiance and not name brand preferance. My main question right now is about 6 1/2 componets for the front and 6 1/2 coax speakers for the rear speakers for my Tucson. I am going to use a Phoenix Gold XENON 200.4 200 watts rms per channel to power them and I am looking for sound quality and clarity the most. I am looking at spending no more than $500 for each set. I am also looking at a quality sub. I listen to 95% metal and hard rock so I am torn between a 12" and a 10" sub. Any opinions on which would be better and why? I had 2 Rockford 12" subs in a bandpass as my first system and hated the sound so I am going for a sealed enclosure this time. Will I really feel much of a difference between 12 and 10? I will be powering them with a PHOENIX GOLD Xenon 600.1 mono amp 600 watts rms. If I said anything stupid pardon my ignorance I am trying to learn as much as possible. I have went to most of the sites ppl recommend for newbies. Thanks Dave

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-18-2005 03:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DarksideTucson Click here to Send DarksideTucson a Private Message Find more posts by DarksideTucson Add DarksideTucson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DarksideTucson

anybody???

New Post 05-19-2005 12:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DarksideTucson Click here to Send DarksideTucson a Private Message Find more posts by DarksideTucson Add DarksideTucson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mobass

i am a metal head to and its more of a power issue than a size issue..well they are both related. if you are not going to upgrade you power and stay with 600 watts i would go with a fairly efficient 12 like an image dynamics idq or even an id or maybe 2 10s if you want to do one 10 and still get some decent lowend then go for something like a mtx 7500 or 8500 10"

New Post 05-19-2005 01:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mobass Click here to Send mobass a Private Message Find more posts by mobass Add mobass to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting