Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Video & Multimedia > DVD systems
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
blacklightus

DVD systems

I've had a lot of decks, but multimedia and video decks are new to me. Can anyone recommend any decks i.e. kenwood, clairon, sony, panasonic? I'm looking for dvd,cd,mp3 in a single deck. I noticed lots of system configuration with addded dvd players, but for now want something in a single package so I can understand how it works.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 12-23-2002 06:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for blacklightus Click here to Send blacklightus a Private Message Find more posts by blacklightus Add blacklightus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KDB2278

DVD systems

Right now, the best DVD/CD/MP3 player out there is the Clarion VRX925VD. You can also look at the Pioneer line and the Alpine Line. For the Pioneer and Alpine, I can't give you an exact model number. I have the VRX925VD and I love it.

New Post 12-26-2002 04:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KDB2278 Click here to Send KDB2278 a Private Message Find more posts by KDB2278 Add KDB2278 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blacklightus

Clairon

I've been closely looking at the clarion as well. I heard you can see the scan lines on the screen...is that true?

New Post 12-26-2002 06:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for blacklightus Click here to Send blacklightus a Private Message Find more posts by blacklightus Add blacklightus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KDB2278

Clairon

I have not had any problems with scan lines on my display. Scan lines only comes from how you have your system setup (what you have it connected to or that you have a weak video signal coming from the video source to the deck.) I use all stinger video and audio cables and I have not had any problems. Another way you could go is getting the Clarion VRX815 deck, this is only a cd player and get an external Clarion DVD player for about the same price these days. You know, get something like the Clarion VRX815 cd player and get the external Clarion DVS9755z DVD player. This would have been my second choice if I didn't get the VRX925VD. If you are getting scan lines just playing DVD's from the deck, you might want to get it checked out, could be something wrong with the display. That is if it brand new, over time scan lines might start to come up but that is common for liquid crystal displays.

New Post 12-27-2002 07:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KDB2278 Click here to Send KDB2278 a Private Message Find more posts by KDB2278 Add KDB2278 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blacklightus

scan lines

Thanks for your help. I've been doing more research on car multimedia video and its getting interesting while more and more time consuming trying to piece together a good combination. I'm glad you enjoy your clarion. I'm highly considering getting one now because of your replies. Much appreciated!

New Post 12-27-2002 04:36 PM
KDB2278

Scan Lines

Not a problem, if you are considering getting something else. You might want to look at the Pioneer line and or the Alpine line as well. I have a friend that has the Pioneer DVD display unit and he loves his and has had no problems with it. Just more to think about, good luck and good hunting.

New Post 12-27-2002 04:47 PM
relayswitcher

Clarion VRX925VD

This is a great unit. I bought it this summer and I couldnt be happier. I have no trouble or lines on the screen with mine.Excellent picture quality. This will play any cd you can make. You wont be dissapointed! Relayswitcher

New Post 01-06-2003 08:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for relayswitcher Click here to Send relayswitcher a Private Message Find more posts by relayswitcher Add relayswitcher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dangar12

RE: DVD systems

quote:
Originally posted on 12-23-2002 by blacklightus
I've had a lot of decks, but multimedia and video decks are new to me. Can anyone recommend any decks i.e. kenwood, clairon, sony, panasonic? I'm looking for dvd,cd,mp3 in a single deck. I noticed lots of system configuration with addded dvd players, but for now want something in a single package so I can understand how it works.

Hi, i've been eyeing the VRX935, any feedback?

New Post 08-12-2003 09:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dangar12 Click here to Send dangar12 a Private Message Find more posts by dangar12 Add dangar12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blacklightus

vrx935vd

I purchased the vrx935vd. Its a great unit. It has the inputs for a gaming console as well, incase people were interested. The unit has much options and is really a complete package. So far I have one complaint about it. The second unit that needs to be hid is big. So make sure you compensate space.

New Post 08-12-2003 04:31 PM
dangar12

RE: vrx935vd

quote:
Originally posted on 08-12-2003 by blacklightus
I purchased the vrx935vd. Its a great unit. It has the inputs for a gaming console as well, incase people were interested. The unit has much options and is really a complete package. So far I have one complaint about it. The second unit that needs to be hid is big. So make sure you compensate space.

Hi thanks for the advice, what do you mean 2nd unit? I have 2 din deck (GMC Safari) maybe that'll do? regards,

New Post 08-12-2003 05:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dangar12 Click here to Send dangar12 a Private Message Find more posts by dangar12 Add dangar12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blacklightus

2 decks.

The vrx935vd has a hideaway unit. It wouldn't go in your second din. Its a unit that has all the amplifier and video in out plugs. The deck then connects to the hideaway unit.

New Post 08-12-2003 05:44 PM
dangar12

RE: 2 decks.

quote:
The vrx935vd has a hideaway unit. It wouldn't go in your second din. Its a unit that has all the amplifier and video in out plugs. The deck then connects to the hideaway unit.

I see... thanks a lot buddy, I found one in Etronics for P1,119.00 and SHCORP $1,094.00. I'm actually from Canada and will just ask my brother from NJ to get one for me.

New Post 08-12-2003 05:49 PM
MrRodIt

I got a Pioneer AVH-P6500DVD

I got a Pioneer AVH-P6500DVD and I am really happy with it it has a built in dvd and cd player and a 6.5" touch screen and the hideway box is one of the smallest I've ever seen I got mine for $1,065 shipped off ebay

New Post 09-13-2003 07:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MrRodIt Click here to Send MrRodIt a Private Message Find more posts by MrRodIt Add MrRodIt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
connellyrpi

VRX935VD Problems

I have had a 935VD(Clarion) for about 6 months now, and i decided to add headrest monitors. After i did the physical installation, i moved onto the wiring (obviously). The way i decided to hook the power up was to tap into the accessory power feeding the brain of my 935VD - that may have been a bad idea, but whatever, i did it. Anyway, when i was installing it i accidently grounded the accessory wire and blew the accessory fuse under the hood. Thats fine, i just finished wiring it up and replaced the fuse after completion. The problem is that when i turn the car on now, the deck will not go on. On the deck - in its closed position - all the buttons light up, but the front display does not go on, and it acts like it is off (the eject button works but it will not take a CD in). I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions. I would apprecaite it. Right now im nervous that i fried the brain, but i where it was grounded was between the battery and the brain, so it should not have done n e thing to it... who knows...

New Post 11-28-2003 03:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for connellyrpi Click here to Send connellyrpi a Private Message Find more posts by connellyrpi Add connellyrpi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
outkast26

RE: vrx935vd

quote:

Hi...do you or anyone else know if this unit (VRX935VD) plays SVCDs? I burned a bunch of music videos in SVCD format and tried it but it says "ERROR" on the screen when I try to play it. Am I not burning the cds properly? Do I need to create a mini-dvd or just burn the videos onto a DVD for it to work? Any ideas?

New Post 04-29-2004 08:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for outkast26 Click here to Send outkast26 a Private Message Find more posts by outkast26 Add outkast26 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting