Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Wiring 4 channel amp to 2 speakers?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Eric93Duster

Wiring 4 channel amp to 2 speakers?

Wiring 4 channel to 2 speakers? Okay i got a free 4 channel amp, and i have two 6x9's in the rear. Is it possible to hook up just those two speakers to the amp, and if so how? I have the 12v wire hooked to the battery, the ground taped to the trunk bottom, and the Rmt hooked to the headunit power wire. Then i have two rca cables hooked to the rear right and rear left rca hookups in the amp, the amp has four rca hook up though. And then i have the rear speakers hooked up to the cordinating amp hook ups. i have nothing connected to the front speaker hookups. It wont work, its getting power, but wont work, i need help, baddddd. lol bye

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-18-2003 02:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Eric93Duster Click here to Send Eric93Duster a Private Message Find more posts by Eric93Duster Add Eric93Duster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
meanman101

What amp is it? Some amps arnt bridgable.

New Post 05-19-2003 10:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for meanman101 Click here to Send meanman101 a Private Message Find more posts by meanman101 Add meanman101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Eric93Duster

its a Craig Powerplay plus Ma420 it says 4 channel bridgable right on the amp

New Post 05-19-2003 04:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Eric93Duster Click here to Send Eric93Duster a Private Message Find more posts by Eric93Duster Add Eric93Duster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
meanman101

You can get some Y connectors for about $3 at your local Wal-mart to fill in all the RCA ports. I'm not sure thats the problem though. Have you tried hooking up the speakers to the 1st 2 channels only to see if they work? Try posting your question over at this site http://renegadesrun.hyperboards2.com/index.cgi when I get stuck these are the guys that usually help me out. Good luck.

New Post 05-19-2003 05:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for meanman101 Click here to Send meanman101 a Private Message Find more posts by meanman101 Add meanman101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Eric93Duster

thanx,will do

New Post 05-19-2003 10:04 PM
LanzarMan

RE: Wiring 4 channel amp to 2 speakers?

quote:
Originally posted on 05-18-2003 by Eric93Duster
Wiring 4 channel to 2 speakers? Okay i got a free 4 channel amp, and i have two 6x9's in the rear. Is it possible to hook up just those two speakers to the amp, and if so how? I have the 12v wire hooked to the battery, the ground taped to the trunk bottom, and the Rmt hooked to the headunit power wire. Then i have two rca cables hooked to the rear right and rear left rca hookups in the amp, the amp has four rca hook up though. And then i have the rear speakers hooked up to the cordinating amp hook ups. i have nothing connected to the front speaker hookups. It wont work, its getting power, but wont work, i need help, baddddd. lol bye

First off, You have the ground TAPED to the trunk bottom???? you really should bolt it to a non painted metal surface to prevent any engine noise once you get it hooked up correctly. As for the other hook ups, I really need to see the amp to be able to help you. Does it have a built in Low pass filter or high pass filter, and if so did you check the switch position?? Also, did you check the gain adjust rheostat? I had the same prob with my amp, hooked it all up and then the dang thing would not play, till I checked the gain dial and found it turned all the way down, and the LPF/HPF switch in HPF, which does not work too well when the amp is hooked up to two 12's. well good luck.

New Post 05-28-2003 03:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LanzarMan Click here to Send LanzarMan a Private Message Find more posts by LanzarMan Add LanzarMan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Eric93Duster

thanx everyone i got the y connectors and i think they did the trick cause it works now, but it works now without them so i dunno if me just fiddling with the controls did that or what, but thanx for all the tips and advice

New Post 05-28-2003 04:41 PM
eclipsespl

2 speakers to 4 channel amp

i don't know if your amp will let you do this, but i think it may, if ur amp is 4 channels, bridge to 4 channels to 2 channels, there for you are getting more power to your 2 speakers than just leaving the other 2 channels open

New Post 02-11-2004 07:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for eclipsespl Click here to Send eclipsespl a Private Message Find more posts by eclipsespl Add eclipsespl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting