Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > RE vs JL ...again...........
Go Back Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hzsogood

RE vs JL ...again...........

ok so i switched out my w 7 s to try RE and was curious if a jl 1000 1 is enough for an sx 12 and if not what is a better quality amp.. hifonics or memphis

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-22-2005 12:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hzsogood Click here to Send hzsogood a Private Message Find more posts by hzsogood Add hzsogood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iagrdshaka

RE: RE vs JL ...again...........

quote:
Originally posted on 05-22-2005 by hzsogood
ok so i switched out my w 7 s to try RE and was curious if a jl 1000 1 is enough for an sx 12 and if not what is a better quality amp.. hifonics or memphis

That should be enough power for a RE SX. The SX sounds good with 750-1200rms. They can be burped with over 1500rms, too. Also Memphis makes much better amplifiers than Hifonics in my opinion. But I would say that JL amp would be more dependable than the other two.

New Post 05-22-2005 12:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for iagrdshaka Click here to Send iagrdshaka a Private Message Find more posts by iagrdshaka Add iagrdshaka to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arthur122

RE: RE vs JL ...again...........

quote:

JL 1000/1 well you could buy 2 Hifonics brutus from ebay ))) However, excellent amp, really underrated, produces about 1500 watts

New Post 05-22-2005 12:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for arthur122 Click here to Send arthur122 a Private Message Find more posts by arthur122 Add arthur122 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arthur122

RE: RE: RE vs JL ...again...........

quote:
Originally posted on 05-22-2005 by iagrdshaka
That should be enough power for a RE SX. The SX sounds good with 750-1200rms. They can be burped at with over 1500rms, too. Also Memphis makes much better amplifiers than Hifonics in my opinion. But I would say that JL amp would be more dependable than the other two.

Memphis is not worse then JL

New Post 05-22-2005 12:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for arthur122 Click here to Send arthur122 a Private Message Find more posts by arthur122 Add arthur122 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hzsogood

i agree with u on both.. my jl 1000/1 is 10 x s the amp of a hifonics and cleaner than memphis but i do have an offer ...a guy wants to sell me 2 memphis 1000 ds (04) last yr... for 600 bucks can i go wrong?? there the ones at 1100 rms at 1 ohm

New Post 05-22-2005 12:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hzsogood Click here to Send hzsogood a Private Message Find more posts by hzsogood Add hzsogood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arthur122

RE:

quote:
i agree with u on both.. my jl 1000/1 is 10 x s the amp of a hifonics and cleaner than memphis but i do have an offer ...a guy wants to sell me 2 memphis 1000 ds (04) last yr... for 600 bucks can i go wrong?? there the ones at 1100 rms at 1 ohm

buy, don't even think, also I very doubt that JL is clearer then memphis, listen this talk is bullshit, we will never figure out which is the best brand, stuff people talking about here mostly high end, we basically going into insignificant details. But buy those amps

New Post 05-22-2005 12:43 AM
hzsogood

and btw art.. look at distortion on both amps or s/n ratio ... maybe even regulated power.... and u still think memphis is the sh*T huh

New Post 05-22-2005 12:43 AM
iagrdshaka

RE: RE: RE: RE vs JL ...again...........

quote:
Originally posted on 05-22-2005 by arthur122
Memphis is not worse then JL

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Memphis amps are NOT worse than JL amps. BUT they are not better.

New Post 05-22-2005 12:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for iagrdshaka Click here to Send iagrdshaka a Private Message Find more posts by iagrdshaka Add iagrdshaka to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hzsogood

so basically like i said jl amps are worth what u pay for .. memphis is cheap power with high distortion... jl= .05 thd...... mem=.75thd... thats quite a diff wether u like em or not

New Post 05-22-2005 12:54 AM
korndog

RE:

quote:
so basically like i said jl amps are worth what u pay for .. memphis is cheap power with high distortion... jl= .05 thd...... mem=.75thd... thats quite a diff wether u like em or not

my usamps r .006% :P, unfortuantly i can't tell much from it or a lightning audio amp with something like 1%. my conclusion, it has nothing to do with it. Only noticible thing is maybe damping factor, and even that is hard to notice.

New Post 05-22-2005 01:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for korndog Click here to Send korndog a Private Message Find more posts by korndog Add korndog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hzsogood

ok korndog i guess u and ur usamps rule tonight and wow .006 dist???? at what 4 ohms? tough damn.... what subs u running again

New Post 05-22-2005 01:10 AM
hzsogood

and considering distortion is what blows subs....it is kinda big deal to me

New Post 05-22-2005 01:11 AM
korndog

RE:

quote:
ok korndog i guess u and ur usamps rule tonight and wow .006 dist???? at what 4 ohms? tough damn.... what subs u running again

probably at 4ohms, i have it at 2ohms bridged right now, should be putting out 600w. sub is a memphis HPO. i had a LA B250.1 before and honestly, it only seems a little bit louder and not much cleaner, lol. way to spend 300 bucks eh?

New Post 05-22-2005 12:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for korndog Click here to Send korndog a Private Message Find more posts by korndog Add korndog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arthur122

JL amps better them memphis, finally did a research. Will pick JL 300/4 over memphis 75x4

New Post 05-22-2005 01:36 PM
subfanatic

my interfire audio amp has .03 percent THD at 4 ohms bridged is that good?

New Post 05-22-2005 01:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for subfanatic Click here to Send subfanatic a Private Message Find more posts by subfanatic Add subfanatic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting