Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > ---Audiobahn vs. Alpine etc....---
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sbob132

---Audiobahn vs. Alpine etc....---

i have a 1600 watt+ boss riot 2ch. amp. iwas looking at running two 12's either Audiobahn or the midlevel alpines to it. But i am not sure if it is sufficient power for em. I can get anything pretty cheap so that doesn't matter, but i don't wanna waste money on subs that my amp won't push, or that aren't that good to begin with. i have heard good and bad about both audiobahn and alpine but have never been able to compare em. any opinions? thanks

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-25-2003 10:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sbob132 Click here to Send Sbob132 a Private Message Find more posts by Sbob132 Add Sbob132 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xplodian

I would go with audiobahn, I havent been much impressed with any of the alpine Subs. Altho the type r`s arent too bad. All of the Audiobahn subs are good quality, and they look good. I would suggest those.

New Post 05-26-2003 12:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Xplodian Click here to Send Xplodian a Private Message Find more posts by Xplodian Add Xplodian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndrewZ

blah audiobahn sucks ass get anything but them

New Post 05-28-2003 02:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AndrewZ Click here to Send AndrewZ a Private Message Find more posts by AndrewZ Add AndrewZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xplodian

you aparently havent ever dealt with audiobahn stuff...I have...I own audiobahn, and Audiobahn kicks ass!

New Post 05-28-2003 11:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Xplodian Click here to Send Xplodian a Private Message Find more posts by Xplodian Add Xplodian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LanzarMan

RE: And what are you smoking????

quote:
Originally posted on 05-28-2003 by AndrewZ
blah audiobahn sucks ass get anything but them

Dude, you have got to put down the crack, cause it just don't do you any good.... Maybe you have not had a good experiance with audiobahn cause you probably had one of your crackhead friends who "knows" how to install car stereo systems hook it up for you. Audiobahn, if configured properly, is at the top of the industry right now for the prices they offer.

New Post 05-29-2003 08:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for LanzarMan Click here to Send LanzarMan a Private Message Find more posts by LanzarMan Add LanzarMan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SteveADavis

I agree with the other guy. Audiobah are very poorly built subs, and before you say it, I have had experience with them and I know what I'm doing. I'd recommend the Type R's over them, but I'm not crazy about them either. Audiobahn is made to look good, not sound good.

New Post 06-05-2003 02:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SteveADavis Click here to Send SteveADavis a Private Message Find more posts by SteveADavis Add SteveADavis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xje

How are audiobahn poorly built subs? I have two audiobahn 15" flame q subs and they are incredible. There weren't very expensive, they look great, sure they lie about their wattage but they can still pound like crazy. They are also very durable with the aluminum cone. My subs are equal to a friends rockford hx2's. He also has two 15"'s and mine are just as loud as his, some songs mine will be more loud. His subs cost $450 and mine cost $200 and they sound the same. Now you tell me that audiobahn aren't very good.

New Post 06-11-2003 10:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xje Click here to Send xje a Private Message Find more posts by xje Add xje to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
carman786

well i haven't heard too many good things about audiobahn, but my friend has 2 12" type r's and they can beat pretty much any system in town. and there are some pretty dam good systems in town. I would personally go with alpine electronics (amp and cd player) and polk or rockford speakers and subs.

New Post 07-29-2003 03:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for carman786 Click here to Send carman786 a Private Message Find more posts by carman786 Add carman786 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SteveADavis

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-11-2003 by xje
How are audiobahn poorly built subs? I have two audiobahn 15" flame q subs and they are incredible. There weren't very expensive, they look great, sure they lie about their wattage but they can still pound like crazy. They are also very durable with the aluminum cone. My subs are equal to a friends rockford hx2's. He also has two 15"'s and mine are just as loud as his, some songs mine will be more loud. His subs cost $450 and mine cost $200 and they sound the same. Now you tell me that audiobahn aren't very good.

Yes, audiobahn's can get loud, but they don't sound very good doing it. I don't hold RF subs in very high regard either. Both are capable of getting loud, yes, but sound like crap when they do. Audiobahn is simply chromed sony. Audiobahn decided to pursue a cosmetic product not a functioning product. All in all, audiobahn is crap.

New Post 07-29-2003 03:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SteveADavis Click here to Send SteveADavis a Private Message Find more posts by SteveADavis Add SteveADavis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dav20

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-29-2003 by SteveADavis
Yes, audiobahn's can get loud, but they don't sound very good doing it. I don't hold RF subs in very high regard either. Both are capable of getting loud, yes, but sound like crap when they do. Audiobahn is simply chromed sony. Audiobahn decided to pursue a cosmetic product not a functioning product. All in all, audiobahn is crap.

Fuck SteveADavis he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. He just saying these because he can afford to buy audiobahn subs.

New Post 08-16-2003 02:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dav20 Click here to Send dav20 a Private Message Find more posts by dav20 Add dav20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SteveADavis

I don't know what I'm talking about huh? I can't afford them...right. My current system is as follows. KVT-911DVD, EQX, diamond S600s, hifonics olympus amp and a 10w6v2. Do you still think I can't afford it? As you can see, I run all high end equipment and I'm very knowledable in car audio. I've worked in it for 5 years. I've sold audiobahn, I've heard audiobahn and I've installed it. All of it was crap. It will continue to be crap for a long while. Audiobahn's marketing was great, chrome it so little dipshits like the kid above think it's great. If you've ever actually listened to a good sub, then you would see what the audiobahn is lacking. Like I said, yes they will get loud, most subs will, but what does it sound like when it gets there....crap. Before you start acting like some little internet hardass, learn what you're talking about.

New Post 08-16-2003 02:16 PM
bigballer

the type 12's are very loud i have two and there just as loud if not louder and he has audiobahn 12's

New Post 08-16-2003 04:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigballer Click here to Send bigballer a Private Message Find more posts by bigballer Add bigballer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rexalldunk

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-16-2003 by bigballer
the type 12's are very loud i have two and there just as loud if not louder and he has audiobahn 12's

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT AUDIOBAHN MAKES THE BEST AMPS AND SUBS FOR THE BOOM AND OR SQ , I HAVE RUN ALOT OF DIFFERENT SETUPS WITH SUBS AND AMPS FROM JL AUDIO TO EVEN ALPINE ,AND NOTHING COMPARES TO AUDIOBAHN

New Post 08-27-2003 08:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rexalldunk Click here to Send rexalldunk a Private Message Find more posts by rexalldunk Add rexalldunk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SteveADavis

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-27-2003 by rexalldunk
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT AUDIOBAHN MAKES THE BEST AMPS AND SUBS FOR THE BOOM AND OR SQ , I HAVE RUN ALOT OF DIFFERENT SETUPS WITH SUBS AND AMPS FROM JL AUDIO TO EVEN ALPINE ,AND NOTHING COMPARES TO AUDIOBAHN

Hey, look, right above your shift key. There's a button called caps lock. Press it. You must have been running w0's because most of what JL makes is far superior than audiobahn crap. I'm betting you don't have a lot experience with car audio from your statement about "boom and or SQ". I'm sure audiobahn does sound good to you. Just like a honda would be the best if you've never driven a mercedes. Audiobahn is crap.

New Post 08-28-2003 12:40 AM
wordjm

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-28-2003 by SteveADavis
Hey, look, right above your shift key. There's a button called caps lock. Press it. You must have been running w0's because most of what JL makes is far superior than audiobahn crap. I'm betting you don't have a lot experience with car audio from your statement about "boom and or SQ". I'm sure audiobahn does sound good to you. Just like a honda would be the best if you've never driven a mercedes. Audiobahn is crap.

Wow this is a shit post. Audiobahn has taken SEMA and many competion drags by surprise. They build a great product, have some of the best tech-support in the business and have a great warranty to back it all up. For your info a lot of Eclipse stuff is very similar to Audiobahn. Some of the engineers that worked for Eclipse now aork for Audiobahn. The biggest problem here is that people can't accept the fact that a Quality company like Audiobahn has taken the market by storm. My Alum10q subs put out some of the clearest & loudest bass I have seen from a 10" woofer. I helped at an install shop for a summer job, I heard lots of systems. The Audiobahn was the best bet for the money, and if the Audiobahn's were twice as expensive I still would have bought them. If you need help with picking an Audiobahn sub just send me a message. Good Luck! Joe

New Post 08-31-2003 02:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for wordjm Click here to Send wordjm a Private Message Find more posts by wordjm Add wordjm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting