Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > Profile Vs. Lightning Audio
Go Back Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Maxil223

Profile Vs. Lightning Audio

I had a choice today for my small MTX sub which needs 200x1 RMS 4 Ohm blah blah. Which amp is better. 1. Profile BA400 (http://www.millionbuy.com/prfba400.html) 2. Lightning Audio B2.200.2 (http://www.lightningaudio.com/2004/products/product.asp?prodID=726)

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 06-14-2005 04:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Maxil223 Click here to Send Maxil223 a Private Message Find more posts by Maxil223 Add Maxil223 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VladTepes

I haven´t used any, but I would DEFINITELY go Lightning Audio, without even thinking about it...

New Post 06-14-2005 04:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for VladTepes Click here to Send VladTepes a Private Message Find more posts by VladTepes Add VladTepes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
goon

I would try to invest in something of higher quality. you can a lot better equipment for a little more money, it's worth it.

New Post 06-14-2005 04:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for goon Click here to Send goon a Private Message Find more posts by goon Add goon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jaboran

i would have to say lightning audio.. if those were my choices

New Post 06-14-2005 05:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jaboran Click here to Send jaboran a Private Message Find more posts by jaboran Add jaboran to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
goon

if it's all you have to work with...i agree with jaboran

New Post 06-14-2005 07:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for goon Click here to Send goon a Private Message Find more posts by goon Add goon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DoubleE

I currently have used the B2.200.2 amp and for the money you get what you need I have never used profile but know that LA puts out the wattage that it claims(also has a juice boost)You can find this amp at etronics.com for about 50 bucks . I think you will be pleased if you go with lightnigs amp

New Post 06-15-2005 09:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DoubleE Click here to Send DoubleE a Private Message Find more posts by DoubleE Add DoubleE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jaboran

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-15-2005 by PowerAcoustikman
Lightning Audio all the way, what alot of people don't know is LA is only owned by RF Inc, not made by them. LA stuff is actually alot higher quality then RF equipment. I have used plenty of la stuff in my time, and everything has always been great. If all possible kinda stay away from bolt series, that is the lowest grade of their stuff, and is for beginner boomers.

la higher than rf? dunno bout that... they are similar but the la (in my mind) isnt better... my bro has a strike amp and the internals look sloppy and disorganized(but quality components).. and the rf punch seems more thought out(pretty similar caps and resistors.. different board color.. heh)

in my mind the bolts arent the best... but they dont compare to the rockford entry level punch series.. the punches may be compared to the strike series LA products... but not necessarily better by any means(1 they arent cea compliant, and 2.. they arent "rockford" .. heh... they are affiliated with rockford and are heavily influenced by rockford.. but are not rockford)

New Post 06-15-2005 04:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jaboran Click here to Send jaboran a Private Message Find more posts by jaboran Add jaboran to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jaboran

alright... i said they were influenced by rf.. not made... affiliated.. not made... unless influenced and affiliated is synonomous with "made" i must not know my english very well

but there is in no way, LA is better than rockford... of course.. we all have our opinions... but the build quality of la amps and the build quality of rockford vary alot.. the rockfords are built hella better... and rockford rates their stuff and is compliant with the govt... they are individually tested and the specs are placed into each amp's retail box... and from every LA amp i have every seen.. they need to be benched, because la doesnt do it(and if they do, there is no paper work proving they do..).. and u will hear this a lot "u get what u pay for"

not knocking u or anything.. and kudos for working at lightning audio in arizona... but still... we have our opinions and many many people have the opinion that rockford is pretty good for any application.. and la is good for entry level stuff... but like i said.. we have our opinions

New Post 06-15-2005 04:47 PM
iagrdshaka

RE: RE:

quote:
No i'm not knocking you either. I'm just stating facts, their amps are rated with less voltage, which means they are alot more effecient. Plus RF amps don't have great Sq and never really have, most LA stuff is more SQ oriented but still gets pretty loud.

lol......Amps have SQ?
Please elaborate this for me

New Post 06-17-2005 08:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iagrdshaka Click here to Send iagrdshaka a Private Message Find more posts by iagrdshaka Add iagrdshaka to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FitzyG

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-17-2005 by iagrdshaka
lol......Amps have SQ?
Please elaborate this for me

thd.... but even then, it's for a specific watt output. 700 watts with .1 thd from one amp and 700 watts with .1 thd from another amp sound the same. There's really no "SQ", it's just how well dif amps put out dif wattages. What i'm saying is, amps don't have sq, really. They just.. ya know.. amplify a signal. Some people just think amps have sq... The only other thing i can think of is amps somehow letting external noise get inside.. and if that's happening, you need a new amp.

New Post 06-17-2005 09:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for FitzyG Click here to Send FitzyG a Private Message Find more posts by FitzyG Add FitzyG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FitzyG

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-18-2005 by PowerAcoustikman
Please go read some books guys. Help yourselves! A crappy won't sound as well as higher end amplifier.

please explain how dif. amps will have better sound quality. Like i said, it's all about how well amps output dif amounts of wattage. You can call that sq, and i guess i can see that if you want. Having said that, you're still an idiot.

New Post 06-18-2005 07:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for FitzyG Click here to Send FitzyG a Private Message Find more posts by FitzyG Add FitzyG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
squeak9798

RE: RE:

quote:
No i'm not knocking you either. I'm just stating facts, their amps are rated with less voltage, which means they are alot more effecient. Plus RF amps don't have great Sq and never really have, most LA stuff is more SQ oriented but still gets pretty loud.

LOL....so then please explain how they have won so many sound quality competitions?? RF amps have been used in some of the best sounding vehicles in the world, and responsible for many IASCA and USACi world championships.

1) RF is tested at 14.4V because they are CEA-2006 compliant, and 14.4V is the input voltage set forth in that testing and measurement standard. Any company that is CEA 2006 compliant will have a Primary Output Power rating at 14.4V. Prior to CEA-2006, RF also rated their amplifiers at 13.8V

2) I have never seen a single RF Power amp from their current offerings put out less than 150% of it's rated power. And RF's class D amplifiers are in the neighborhood of 85% efficient. There is no way LA storm amps are more than 85% efficient. Sorry, isn't going to happen. What voltage they are tested at has nothing to do with their efficiency.

3) Go take the challenge!! Talk is cheap, and you seem to have a lot of it. But instead of flapping your jaw, go prove everybody wrong and win yourself $10k in the process. Should be a cake walk for you. Either take the challenge, or STFU. The end. Conversation over.

New Post 06-18-2005 07:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for squeak9798 Click here to Send squeak9798 a Private Message Find more posts by squeak9798 Add squeak9798 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iagrdshaka

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-18-2005 by squeak9798
LOL....so then please explain how they have won so many sound quality competitions?? RF amps have been used in some of the best sounding vehicles in the world, and responsible for many IASCA and USACi world championships.

1) RF is tested at 14.4V because they are CEA-2006 compliant, and 14.4V is the input voltage set forth in that testing and measurement standard. Any company that is CEA 2006 compliant will have a Primary Output Power rating at 14.4V. Prior to CEA-2006, RF also rated their amplifiers at 13.8V

2) I have never seen a single RF Power amp from their current offerings put out less than 150% of it's rated power. And RF's class D amplifiers are in the neighborhood of 85% efficient. There is no way LA storm amps are more than 85% efficient. Sorry, isn't going to happen. What voltage they are tested at has nothing to do with their efficiency.

3) Go take the challenge!! Talk is cheap, and you seem to have a lot of it. But instead of flapping your jaw, go prove everybody wrong and win yourself $10k in the process. Should be a cake walk for you. Either take the challenge, or STFU. The end. Conversation over.

Squeak, you know way too much. :)

New Post 06-18-2005 09:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iagrdshaka Click here to Send iagrdshaka a Private Message Find more posts by iagrdshaka Add iagrdshaka to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FitzyG

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-19-2005 by PowerAcoustikman
Go read some books my friend. I worked for the company to long, and tested both companys products for years. LA beats them, end of story.

you can talk as much as you want, but competition results talk more. what is it with this "go read some books" crap? give us a brief synopsis of your logic on this subject so we might better understand your vast and superior knowledge. <- and that way i don't have to spend 12 hours reading physics rehash

New Post 06-19-2005 04:36 AM
FitzyG

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-19-2005 by PowerAcoustikman
The only idiot is you, especially talking like that. You need to slow your role, and just take it easy. You get very defensive over things, it seems to me. Just do me a favor, make sure your story stays this way and doesn't change. It's great you have a very opinionated comment. The fact of the matter is that better amps will produce cleaner sounding bass, therefore being Sound Quality, A Sony Xplod amp won't sound the same as a Orion amplifier, or a Phoenix Gold, Memphis, Mcintosh, etc. I could keep listing more and more, but I don't need to. You can't say that a Sony amp will sound the same as a higher end amp or Jensen, Pyle, Boss, anything lower end will no produce as well in Sound Quality as higher amps will. So Squeak, i'm not one to just question you, but do you know anything? Or are you around here just to start flame wars? From what I have seen, you just try to start fights and run your mouth. Quite frankly i'm about sick of it. You are trying to tell me that a 14.4v rated amplifier is just as good?? LOL! A higher Quality amplifier will be rated using less voltage, therefore meaning they are alot more effecient, being their Power Supply's and components inside the amp. Meaning that take a RF Power 1000db rated at 14.4v right running 1000watts rms at 2ohm rated 14.4v, now take a Orion 1000D 1000watts rms at 13.8v. Now this means that the Orion using less voltage still getting the same amount of power as the Rockford but with less power. Now therefore meaning it runs alot more effecient, hiting power ratings using less voltage. A better amp will always be rated using less voltage. If you want me to, I could get alot more technical and keep going for days even weeks proving you wrong over and over.

defensive? i'm not sure.. but i believe calling you an idiot would be an offensive maneuver.. sheesh.. go read a book or something... a better amp will sound better at a givin output level, but that's all dependant on how you look at an amp's sq and the definition of the word. I'm well aware of high quality amplification, i run diamond d6. Don't be a jackass. An amp that produces 1000 watts at 13.8 volts is not more efficient than one that puts out 1000 watts at 14.4. Efficiency has to do with amperage draw, not voltage. Voltage is potential difference, not power. Go for days and weeks and prove us the fck wrong.

New Post 06-19-2005 04:41 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting