Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > Diamond D9 sub, which amp
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
02Envoy

Diamond D9 sub, which amp

I see there is another Diamond questions on here. I have researched the posts from the past and I am looking for more information as to which sub would be most suitable to push an 800 watt RMS capable 12 inch sub in a sealed enclosure. I have read pros and cons to many of the big names such as orion, JL, Zapco, US Amps, etc. I also know many of the big names have either merged, bought out, or are simply on the path to cut costs which have affected their build quality. For those of you who have a higher power Class D amp and could provide a recommendation it would be appreciated. I would also like to know if you purchased from a dealer or the internet. Thanks!

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 06-15-2005 07:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 02Envoy Click here to Send 02Envoy a Private Message Find more posts by 02Envoy Add 02Envoy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dal1as

RE: Diamond D9 sub, which amp

quote:
Originally posted on 06-15-2005 by 02Envoy
I see there is another Diamond questions on here. I have researched the posts from the past and I am looking for more information as to which sub would be most suitable to push an 800 watt RMS capable 12 inch sub in a sealed enclosure. I have read pros and cons to many of the big names such as orion, JL, Zapco, US Amps, etc. I also know many of the big names have either merged, bought out, or are simply on the path to cut costs which have affected their build quality. For those of you who have a higher power Class D amp and could provide a recommendation it would be appreciated. I would also like to know if you purchased from a dealer or the internet. Thanks!

Diamond Audio D5 1200.1 run at 2 ohms putting out about 900 Watts RMS. That would be perfect. At 1 ohm it puts out 1200 Watts so the amp would be just chugging along. Mine barely even gets warm.

Here:
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1330829/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

New Post 06-15-2005 09:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dal1as Click here to Send Dal1as a Private Message Find more posts by Dal1as Add Dal1as to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FitzyG

RE: RE: Diamond D9 sub, which amp

quote:
Originally posted on 06-15-2005 by Dal1as
Diamond Audio D5 1200.1 run at 2 ohms putting out about 900 Watts RMS. That would be perfect. At 1 ohm it puts out 1200 Watts so the amp would be just chugging along. Mine barely even gets warm.

Here:
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1330829/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

x2 on the diamond. I like the d61500, but i'm a power hungry little bitch. Also eD nine.1 ain't too shabby (and a lot cheaper.. www.elementaldesigns.com)

New Post 06-15-2005 10:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for FitzyG Click here to Send FitzyG a Private Message Find more posts by FitzyG Add FitzyG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HUHWATT

D9 sub

I'm running 1 of the 12" dual 2ohm HEX PRO  ( 2008 model 800rms 1200 pk) now called the D9 with a D5 1200.1 @ 1ohm.

I only have the gain 1/4 turned up at it pounds hard !. I had the 2002 model before this one and had it in a prefab ported box without the amp being dialed in and hit 136.9 db.  I got the new sub in a custom built box designed and tuned by diamond for that exact sub, big difference in sound. Gonna get my amp dialed in for a spl contest in a couple weeks to see what I can hit. will let you know.

New Post 09-10-2009 12:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HUHWATT Click here to Send HUHWATT a Private Message Find more posts by HUHWATT Add HUHWATT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dal1as

Wow! Holy old post batman. lol I'm actually thinking about upgrading my sub now and running the amp at 1 ohm. Hmmmm.

New Post 09-25-2009 05:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dal1as Click here to Send Dal1as a Private Message Find more posts by Dal1as Add Dal1as to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting