Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > zed audio are they for real?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DBC30

zed audio are they for real?

are these amps any good ?i was checking out their specs and the 600 watt mono block amp had a fuse rating of 35a.if that is true these amps are either way over rated or super efficient.please any input on these amps

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 06-19-2005 10:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DBC30 Click here to Send DBC30 a Private Message Find more posts by DBC30 Add DBC30 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
squeak9798

You apparently have no idea who Zed Audio is. Stephen Mantz, owner of Zed Audio, is renowned for designing some of the best old school amplifiers. ESX, Rodek, old Hifonics, old Lanzar Opti's, etc etc.

Yes, they will do every bit of their rated power. Notice the *** he has at the bottom of the page:

"[fuse size] May have to be increased by 40% when driving high power into 1ohm loads"

I'd pick one up in a heartbeat!!

New Post 06-19-2005 10:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for squeak9798 Click here to Send squeak9798 a Private Message Find more posts by squeak9798 Add squeak9798 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OlogyAudio

Yea I just emailed him with a ton of questions lol... Hope he doesn’t mind too much. I'm going to see about getting some OEM work done for me that will meet the requirements of the individual component sets that I am designing... Ya know, a good amp for an 4-8 ohm impd that’s not 2 ohm stable but delivers full power to 4 ohms and reasonable power to 8... As well as a 800 watt amp into 1 ohm for the ava series, or whatever else too of course... Granted the 'deuce' would be a *better* amp option, however I'd be shooting for even a lower cost...
Dylan Matlow -- Ology Audio

Anyone have any features that they would love to see in an amp? 24dB/oct (or higher?) slopes, >100dB SNR? 120? Suggestions welcome.

If nothing else anyone wanna arrange a group buy? They look sexy.......

New Post 06-19-2005 03:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for OlogyAudio Click here to Send OlogyAudio a Private Message Find more posts by OlogyAudio Add OlogyAudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
squeak9798

"Anyone have any features that they would love to see in an amp? 24dB/oct (or higher?) slopes, >100dB SNR? 120? Suggestions welcome. "

I personally am a fan of straight gain blocks :-D No internal processing; just a gain. And balanced inputs would be nice; have the option for the mini-Din and dual RCA balanced inputs :-D

But, if internal processing is a must; I'd like to see selectable slopes from 6-24db, a x10 switch on the xover to allow for higher xover points, and the option to bandpass each channel using the internal crossover. I doubt it would be cost effective; but is sure would be nice....LOL

New Post 06-19-2005 08:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for squeak9798 Click here to Send squeak9798 a Private Message Find more posts by squeak9798 Add squeak9798 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting