Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Other Mobile Electronics > how do theives steal cars with alarms????
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
lamontlamont

how do theives steal cars with alarms????

i keep hearing people say theives cut your battery cable but i dont understand how you drive a car away that has a cut battery cable. i cant imagine a theif under your dash with his legs hanging out onto the street cutting wires.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 06-23-2005 06:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lamontlamont Click here to Send lamontlamont a Private Message Find more posts by lamontlamont Add lamontlamont to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coviecarbine

if they are cutting the battery cables then they are stealing the amp/head unit/speakers or anything else in the car that is valueable

New Post 07-19-2005 06:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for coviecarbine Click here to Send coviecarbine a Private Message Find more posts by coviecarbine Add coviecarbine to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xclusive

A poorly installed alarm is easy to bypass. Generally all a thief has to do is disconnect the brain and bypass the remote start interrupt. This is why alarm components and connections need to be well concealed.

New Post 07-21-2005 06:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xclusive Click here to Send xclusive a Private Message Find more posts by xclusive Add xclusive to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClockworkCustoms

a tow truck works to....or you just get the keys.

New Post 11-08-2005 05:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ClockworkCustoms Click here to Send ClockworkCustoms a Private Message Find more posts by ClockworkCustoms Add ClockworkCustoms to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StandBackimapro

Well first off, if where you live is like around here, no one looks when a car alarm goes off, because they go off so often. Ive been in many parking lots and heard alarms go off and havnt even looked, Nor do i see anyone else even glance at it. When i got my car and it had an alarm installed that i didnt know about it too me 20 seconds to discconect it

New Post 11-30-2005 05:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for StandBackimapro Click here to Send StandBackimapro a Private Message Find more posts by StandBackimapro Add StandBackimapro to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peeaanuut

an alarm is merely a noise maker. Usually for a rookie thief (which most car stereo theifs are) the noise is enough. So you get one with a little bit more experience, so he cuts the power or negative wire. So you get a siren that has an internal battery and wont turn off when the power is removed and you install it in a hard place to remove and smash up. If my car alarm goes off I hear it at home. That is really the only place I can defend against theifs as I am too far awy from the car otherwise.

Also, if they are just going after your equipment, make it hard to steal. Mount the amps so they dont just rip out, mount the subs the same way. L brackets are usually helpful in this matter.

The thing is is that if they want the stuff bad enough, they are gonna get it and there is nothing you can do short of armed guards and even that isnt a guarantee. But if you car is harder to break into/steal from, the better chance you have of keeping your stuff.

New Post 01-30-2006 12:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for peeaanuut Click here to Send peeaanuut a Private Message Find more posts by peeaanuut Add peeaanuut to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spcdwayne

alarms! who ever invented them showed people how to install them and showed others how to get by them.its like who ever made the rules made the cheats.

New Post 01-30-2006 11:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for spcdwayne Click here to Send spcdwayne a Private Message Find more posts by spcdwayne Add spcdwayne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GlassWolf

many things a thief can do with a car. depending on the car, one can disable the alarm by using a drill to punch through the fender and drill a hole in the battery which kills the battery. the thief can use a piece of ceramic to break the window which avoids impact sensors. he can use a tow truck and just haul th car off with a style of truck that bites the drive whels and hauls off the car despite being in park, or in gear, or locked, then gut it later. he can slide under the car and clip the batter cable if he can reach it. many ways to bypass most alarms. this is why a really well laid out alarm system is fairly expensive.. it takes all of these things into account to help avoid thieves.

New Post 02-11-2006 04:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GlassWolf Click here to Send GlassWolf a Private Message Find more posts by GlassWolf Add GlassWolf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RFVega

RE: Some solutions

quote:
Originally posted on 02-11-2006 by GlassWolf
many things a thief can do with a car. depending on the car, one can disable the alarm by using a drill to punch through the fender and drill a hole in the battery which kills the battery. the thief can use a piece of ceramic to break the window which avoids impact sensors. he can use a tow truck and just haul th car off with a style of truck that bites the drive whels and hauls off the car despite being in park, or in gear, or locked, then gut it later. he can slide under the car and clip the batter cable if he can reach it. many ways to bypass most alarms. this is why a really well laid out alarm system is fairly expensive.. it takes all of these things into account to help avoid thieves.

(1) "Drill through battery". Answer: 2nd batt inside car, either car audio or back up security from DEI. A back up siren also.

(2) "Avoids impact sensors". Answer: Glass break or dual zone radar sensor (exterior for warn away & interior for full trigger).

(3) "Tow truck". Answer: They can get it, but you can make it hard by tilt sensor with a pager and hopefully you can make it out in time! Also, slow them down by covering your tow hooks, even though they can hook your drive axles (for a normal front end tow truck.) Boot locks can help also. A lowered ride (even hydraulics to slam it all the way down when parked) can help.

(4) Layer your security both electronic and physical. Look for EVERY vulnerable entry and secure it!!

New Post 02-11-2006 05:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RFVega Click here to Send RFVega a Private Message Find more posts by RFVega Add RFVega to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GlassWolf

well, with a snatching tow truck they'll have the car in under 15 seconds.. so you're pretty much screwed there. they use these trucks more and more for repo work and such where they don;t want to deal with the former owners in any sense. as for the other sensors, I'm aware of ways to avoid these things, but most people don't think of these sensors, don;t bother with them, or don;t want to spend the money for a very thorough alarm system (see the alarm layout on my Jeep for an example of a fairly solid alarm system) I'm merely responding to how people go about stealing cars.. not how to stop them. if a professional is determined, the car is going to get stolen no matter what you do.. the question is how much do you want to put into protecting the ride before it's better written off to insurance?

New Post 02-11-2006 07:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GlassWolf Click here to Send GlassWolf a Private Message Find more posts by GlassWolf Add GlassWolf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RFVega

"Snatching tow truck within 15 sec".

If I am nearby (especially at home), I can have my exterior radar microwave sensor spread out VERY wide with a VERY loud voice warning: "Protected by Viper, Stand Back"! Also, my interior field can be out far enough, so the entire alarm triggers! If I hear that with my pager nearby, I can guarantee you I will be flying out the door in less than 10 sec with my 16 ga. semi-auto shotgun loaded with all 5 hollow point sabot slugs!!

I know only a fool would say that nothing CAN be stolen, but I am completely obsessed ever since that failed botched burg attempt, especially since they got my bro's gear with much damage done in the process.

Basically, I eat, breathe and sleep security. Have security cams all around house, motion lights, high security locks and a home alarm that will wake up the ENTIRE neighborhood with 4 home security speakers driven by a high powered siren driver. Every perimeter entry protected, motions and glass breaks. I used to work for ADT, now self employed: 'Alarm Detection Protection'.

New Post 02-11-2006 10:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RFVega Click here to Send RFVega a Private Message Find more posts by RFVega Add RFVega to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GlassWolf

cool job. my point was actually that usually they tow the car from a parking lot or a garage somwhwere.. not always in front of a person's house. They also never need to leave the tow truck with these newer style latches until they are safely away to chain up the car for compliance issues.. we had a regular customer who used to come into the shop who drove a tow truck like these.. had another smartass kid who worked at a pawn shop down the plaza from us who'd come in and hang out. Well, the two got to talking one day and JJ, the driver bet this kid he could snatch his camaro before the kid could do much about it.. so he agreed to play along. JJ waited around for an hour or so till the kid went back to work, then hopped in his truck, backed right up to the F body and hooked it first try, and drove about 20 feet, and dropped the car in the middle of the street.. as the kid was coming out of ths shop in reaction to his alarm going off. Yeah I have a compustar top end alarm I put on my current car, pager, battery backed siren, glass, impact, motion, microwave, you name it.. even used a hood bolt tied into it so ya can't open the hood without the remote.. but I don't let myself be lulled into a false sense of thinking the car can't be stolen, even from my heated garage that's literally 30 feet from my bed. I was only trying to suggest common methods thieves use to steal cars with varying levels of security and theft deterrance. It' a cat and mouse game to beat all the tricks of course. anyway I still wouldn't go with just a fake LED.. trust me when I say it's worth the investment to get a solid alarm system, even if it's fairly basic.. locks, impact, glass beakage, doors.. maybe a pager. $500 or less.. and you can feel a bit safer about your car being left alone. those of us who do work installing security systems tend to be a little paranoid about things as well.. because we know how they do or don't work. peace

New Post 02-12-2006 01:43 AM
propimp

rfvega sounds like you have a issue if you have all of that, maybe you just live in a rough part of town, but all in all alarms dont stop a determined expert thief in home or in car. ;) wouldn't be that hard to set your alarm off and when you come runnign out in your tighty whiteys to pop your ass,lol,

New Post 04-04-2006 11:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for propimp Click here to Send propimp a Private Message Find more posts by propimp Add propimp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donsway

I have a alarm that works very well as long as the guy trying to steal my stuff does not have a steak on him. There is a pic. of it in Ballsy's gallery, last pic. I can leave it running with the windows down, BUMPIN!!!

New Post 04-04-2006 04:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
propimp

lol. like that one donsway

New Post 04-04-2006 05:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for propimp Click here to Send propimp a Private Message Find more posts by propimp Add propimp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting