Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Car Audio Competitions and Shows > Loudest system
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
machewmcbride

Loudest system

whats the loudest system you've heard?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-05-2005 04:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for machewmcbride Click here to Send machewmcbride a Private Message Find more posts by machewmcbride Add machewmcbride to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
porkchop

yeah! What is the loudest system out there....SPL. isit like in the 170's ? and while we are on it is there any sites with Alma Gates's "BEAST" other than team gates site....thanks

New Post 07-11-2005 10:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for porkchop Click here to Send porkchop a Private Message Find more posts by porkchop Add porkchop to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathByBass

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-11-2005 by porkchop
yeah! What is the loudest system out there....SPL. isit like in the 170's ? and while we are on it is there any sites with Alma Gates's "BEAST" other than team gates site....thanks

177dBs

New Post 07-12-2005 12:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathByBass Click here to Send DeathByBass a Private Message Find more posts by DeathByBass Add DeathByBass to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mobass

i had 8 soundstream spl160's with an orion xtr2250 per pair in my s-10 blazer it bested at 166.4 on the old a/c also i would regularly dominate down most sq comps i went to with that system. you can see it on page 5 or 6 on my sd page http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/338400

New Post 08-12-2005 12:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mobass Click here to Send mobass a Private Message Find more posts by mobass Add mobass to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xclusive

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/article/two/0,,2076_263341722_262409755,00.html

New Post 08-20-2005 08:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xclusive Click here to Send xclusive a Private Message Find more posts by xclusive Add xclusive to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
porkchop

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-20-2005 by xclusive
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/article/two/0,,2076_263341722_262409755,00.html

kick a** , thanks always into new sh*t to check out.......i can only imagine!!!!

New Post 08-20-2005 10:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for porkchop Click here to Send porkchop a Private Message Find more posts by porkchop Add porkchop to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CompX18

RE: Loudest system

quote:
Originally posted on 07-05-2005 by machewmcbride
whats the loudest system you've heard?

the loudest system ive ever heard was 177.4 db. this was done with all rockford fosgate equipment. they ran TRF subs which are 2000 rms and mount 640 oz. magnets. with replacable drivers, it makes replacing a blown cone easy. im not sure what amps they used but i know that they had two 45 farad capacitors.

New Post 08-21-2005 09:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CompX18 Click here to Send CompX18 a Private Message Find more posts by CompX18 Add CompX18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
porkchop

RE: RE: Loudest system

quote:
Originally posted on 08-21-2005 by CompX18
the loudest system ive ever heard was 177.4 db. this was done with all rockford fosgate equipment. they ran TRF subs which are 2000 rms and mount 640 oz. magnets. with replacable drivers, it makes replacing a blown cone easy. im not sure what amps they used but i know that they had two 45 farad capacitors.

thats deep, no pun intended. i cant imagine having that type of power/money. 640 oz.!!! that makes my 340 oz. look like desktop paperweights!

New Post 08-21-2005 11:03 PM
CompX18

RE: RE: RE: Loudest system

quote:
Originally posted on 08-21-2005 by porkchop
thats deep, no pun intended. i cant imagine having that type of power/money. 640 oz.!!! that makes my 340 oz. look like desktop paperweights!

no shit, 640 oz. magnets are huge. i have directed compX's and those have a 20 lb. magnet on them, but thats still only like 320 oz. the important thing of running a system that size is the capacitor. those 45 farad capacitors were the size of milk crates. i had the pleasure of standing outside this truck when it hit 177.4 and talking about loud. needless to say he won the show and gave me a headache.

New Post 08-21-2005 11:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CompX18 Click here to Send CompX18 a Private Message Find more posts by CompX18 Add CompX18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
porkchop

RE: RE: RE: RE: Loudest system

quote:
Originally posted on 08-21-2005 by CompX18
no shit, 640 oz. magnets are huge. i have directed compX's and those have a 20 lb. magnet on them, but thats still only like 320 oz. the important thing of running a system that size is the capacitor. those 45 farad capacitors were the size of milk crates. i had the pleasure of standing outside this truck when it hit 177.4 and talking about loud. needless to say he won the show and gave me a headache.

come on now those headaches are the best...lol

New Post 08-22-2005 05:34 PM
Stanza

The 177.4 DB car you are talking about sound like the Team Gate Bronco. They used RF stuff.

New Post 08-22-2005 10:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Stanza Click here to Send Stanza a Private Message Find more posts by Stanza Add Stanza to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
splnut

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-20-2005 by porkchop
kick a** , thanks always into new sh*t to check out.......i can only imagine!!!!

come on people. 2 45 farad caps? if your hitting 177 db's you dont have caps. ull have a lot of batterys to keep the voltage up. And 2 45 farads are not gonna do anything

New Post 08-27-2005 01:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for splnut Click here to Send splnut a Private Message Find more posts by splnut Add splnut to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathByBass

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-27-2005 by splnut
come on people. 2 45 farad caps? if your hitting 177 db's you dont have caps. ull have a lot of batterys to keep the voltage up. And 2 45 farads are not gonna do anything

EXACTLY!!! someones talking shiz!!!

New Post 08-27-2005 04:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathByBass Click here to Send DeathByBass a Private Message Find more posts by DeathByBass Add DeathByBass to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RPMSOUNDS

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-27-2005 by splnut

I am doing around a 160 on the TL and using 2 FCA 4000D amps to run 2 15s and still have to use 11 batteries one under the hood and 10 monsters by Kinetikaudio in order to keep voltage up for a 10-15 sec burst at full tilt.

New Post 09-17-2005 05:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RPMSOUNDS Click here to Send RPMSOUNDS a Private Message Find more posts by RPMSOUNDS Add RPMSOUNDS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RFVega

Real Deal

If you really want to know the 'Loudest System', go to www.termpro.com "The home of dB Drag and the loudest car stereos in the world"!

New Post 09-17-2005 08:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RFVega Click here to Send RFVega a Private Message Find more posts by RFVega Add RFVega to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting