Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Car Audio Competitions and Shows > db guage?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
followethereaper

db guage?

where can you get a meter that says how loud your system is in db

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-08-2005 11:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for followethereaper Click here to Send followethereaper a Private Message Find more posts by followethereaper Add followethereaper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RFVega

You can get one at Radio Shack but it only goes up to about 120dB. Go to your local Audio shop and ask if they have a meter. Keep in mind the new Termlab is more sensitive than the old Audiocontrol. About 5-7dB.

New Post 07-08-2005 11:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RFVega Click here to Send RFVega a Private Message Find more posts by RFVega Add RFVega to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathByBass

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-08-2005 by RFVega
You can get one at Radio Shack but it only goes up to about 120dB. Go to your local Audio shop and ask if they have a meter. Keep in mind the new Termlab is more sensitive than the old Audiocontrol. About 5-7dB.

less sensitive...

New Post 07-09-2005 01:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathByBass Click here to Send DeathByBass a Private Message Find more posts by DeathByBass Add DeathByBass to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RFVega

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-09-2005 by DeathByBass
less sensitive...

yea. What I mean is you are going to read a higher # on the old Audiocontrol than the new Termlab. I hear that the LinearX meter is less sensitive also. Never metered on it yet.

New Post 07-09-2005 06:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RFVega Click here to Send RFVega a Private Message Find more posts by RFVega Add RFVega to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sgtsteve

You can buy one from splmeter.com, that will measure up to 150dbs. I bought one from them for around $125, with a led readout, and avg and max (peak) mode. It comes in handy in setting up and tweaking your system. I also have the old school analog version from Radio Shack but only goes up to 126db's and is not as accurate as the spl meter.

New Post 07-09-2005 11:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sgtsteve Click here to Send sgtsteve a Private Message Find more posts by sgtsteve Add sgtsteve to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kickerdealer

the termlab, often called the "new mic" because it's the standard now, measures barometric pressure instead of actual sound pressure, so the reading is 7-10 db less than an "old mic". they don't cost too much (www.termpro.com), but you need a computer to install the program on.

New Post 08-30-2005 09:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kickerdealer Click here to Send kickerdealer a Private Message Find more posts by kickerdealer Add kickerdealer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kickerdealer

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-09-2005 by sgtsteve
You can buy one from splmeter.com, that will measure up to 150dbs. I bought one from them for around $125, with a led readout, and avg and max (peak) mode. It comes in handy in setting up and tweaking your system. I also have the old school analog version from Radio Shack but only goes up to 126db's and is not as accurate as the spl meter.

...almost for got, how accruate is it? have you compared it to another mic setup? let me know because i've been looking for a cheaper system to use on in the shop.

New Post 08-30-2005 09:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kickerdealer Click here to Send kickerdealer a Private Message Find more posts by kickerdealer Add kickerdealer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sgtsteve

quote:
Originally posted on 08-30-2005 by kickerdealer
...almost for got, how accruate is it? have you compared it to another mic setup? let me know because i've been looking for a cheaper system to use on in the shop.

I have the specs at home..when I look them up I'll let you know.

New Post 08-30-2005 10:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sgtsteve Click here to Send sgtsteve a Private Message Find more posts by sgtsteve Add sgtsteve to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiAmplidude

quote:
Originally posted on 08-30-2005 by kickerdealer

My SPLmeter.com device has proven to be quite consistent. I don't know exactly how close it is, compared to TermLab or others, but since it's consistent with itself, it makes an excellent tuning device, so you can visually tell "louder and quieter" (but only within 150dB). TermLab is the way to go, but for $150, the SPLmeter.com would be hard to beat.

New Post 09-10-2005 10:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for HiAmplidude Click here to Send HiAmplidude a Private Message Find more posts by HiAmplidude Add HiAmplidude to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kickerdealer

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-10-2005 by HiAmplidude
My SPLmeter.com device has proven to be quite consistent. I don't know exactly how close it is, compared to TermLab or others, but since it's consistent with itself, it makes an excellent tuning device, so you can visually tell "louder and quieter" (but only within 150dB). TermLab is the way to go, but for $150, the SPLmeter.com would be hard to beat.

yeah i called the company last week, and the guy told me that they can be calibrated to read like an audio control mic, or the new tl. he said they had to be calibrated once a year, but not a big deal, right? for only $150 and shipping once a year, that sounds like a great deal. im going to get one once remote start season starts.

New Post 09-12-2005 08:56 AM
ggeorgia

RE: db guage?

quote:
Originally posted on 07-08-2005 by followethereaper

as an owner of several "spl meters", i can tell you from experience that the termlab system is the best way to go. apart from the spl readout, it has a built in oscilloscope, and will also show numerical data (peak frequencies or other vital information). the other big advantage is that it is a sensor based system, not a mic. it is not going to change in different weather conditions like the audiocontrol meters.

just for reference, i own a termlab system and an audiocontrol system, so my reply is based on my own personal experience.

New Post 10-13-2005 11:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ggeorgia Click here to Send ggeorgia a Private Message Find more posts by ggeorgia Add ggeorgia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RPMSOUNDS

RE: db guage?

quote:
Originally posted on 07-08-2005 by followethereaper

I will have the TL at the shop within the next month or 2. Shop is located about 20min from you. It is in Milton NY across the river from Poughkeepsie and north of Newburge.

New Post 12-15-2005 04:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RPMSOUNDS Click here to Send RPMSOUNDS a Private Message Find more posts by RPMSOUNDS Add RPMSOUNDS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RustyWCA

im a certified 1X Dbdrag judge and have a TL system, there are 2 types , dot net and USB, the USB has been know to read up to .5 Db's louder than the dot net system

New Post 01-02-2006 03:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RustyWCA Click here to Send RustyWCA a Private Message Find more posts by RustyWCA Add RustyWCA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sqliberty

I have the Term Lab USB in it works great

New Post 01-08-2006 07:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sqliberty Click here to Send sqliberty a Private Message Find more posts by sqliberty Add sqliberty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reit38

how much does the one cost from radio shack and ideas

New Post 01-25-2006 06:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Reit38 Click here to Send Reit38 a Private Message Find more posts by Reit38 Add Reit38 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting