Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > alpine or pioneer???
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bpetricevich

alpine or pioneer???

Hey, im looking for a new HU. i currently have a pioneer DH-1450. Im looking at spending between $200-$300. I also would like it if it has an extensive(more than low mid and high) inbuilt equiliser. Let me know ur suggestions! thanks

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-13-2005 03:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bpetricevich Click here to Send bpetricevich a Private Message Find more posts by bpetricevich Add bpetricevich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NRred2

I was just about to post about the Pioneer Premier DEH-P80MP, thats what i think i would buy, (I found it for $290 @ etronics.com) It has three preamps @ 4V and looks awesome, the best alpines cannot compete with the best pioneer when it comes to add-ons like amps.

New Post 07-13-2005 01:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for NRred2 Click here to Send NRred2 a Private Message Find more posts by NRred2 Add NRred2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PiDiZzEl

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-13-2005 by NRred2
I was just about to post about the Pioneer Premier DEH-P80MP, thats what i think i would buy, (I found it for $290 @ etronics.com) It has three preamps @ 4V and looks awesome, the best alpines cannot compete with the best pioneer when it comes to add-ons like amps.

lol... yeah they can..

New Post 07-13-2005 06:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PiDiZzEl Click here to Send PiDiZzEl a Private Message Find more posts by PiDiZzEl Add PiDiZzEl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NRred2

How about the 6.5 volts coming out of the Pioneer Premier DEH-P960MP, what does alpine have to compete with that??

New Post 07-14-2005 12:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for NRred2 Click here to Send NRred2 a Private Message Find more posts by NRred2 Add NRred2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PiDiZzEl

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-14-2005 by NRred2
How about the 6.5 volts coming out of the Pioneer Premier DEH-P960MP, what does alpine have to compete with that??

I was going to write a post about how one factor doesn't make one brand better than the other... instead I'll shut you up with a few simple words...

Alpine F1 Status. Have fun playing with your little joystick on your Pioneer.

New Post 07-14-2005 04:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PiDiZzEl Click here to Send PiDiZzEl a Private Message Find more posts by PiDiZzEl Add PiDiZzEl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OlogyAudio

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-14-2005 by PiDiZzEl
I was going to write a post about how one factor doesn't make one brand better than the other... instead I'll shut you up with a few simple words...

Yea thats pretty much it... A linux computer in the car is better though ;) haha you almost have to be an electrical engineer to configure things properly with bruteFIR as the interface though... I really should make an interface for the computer that is easy to use but powerfull at the same time for someone that actually knows what is going on...

http://iweb.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/item_info?p_item_name=PXA-H900&p_category=160&p_subcategory=&p_main=10&p_more=y

Thats the status one though... there are other less expensive ways to do this... just not as smooth looking ;)

Not to mention 6.5V vs 4V... doesn't matter that much...

New Post 07-14-2005 05:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for OlogyAudio Click here to Send OlogyAudio a Private Message Find more posts by OlogyAudio Add OlogyAudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PiDiZzEl

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-14-2005 by OlogyAudio
Yea thats pretty much it... A linux computer in the car is better though ;) haha you almost have to be an electrical engineer to configure things properly with bruteFIR as the interface though... I really should make an interface for the computer that is easy to use but powerfull at the same time for someone that actually knows what is going on...

http://iweb.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/item_info?p_item_name=PXA-H900&p_category=160&p_subcategory=&p_main=10&p_more=y

Thats the status one though... there are other less expensive ways to do this... just not as smooth looking ;)

Drivesoft:)

Preout voltage doesn't make a difference, because most people don't even know what they're for when they buy a head unit.

New Post 07-14-2005 08:44 PM
NRred2

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-14-2005 by PiDiZzEl

First of all the joystick on the pioneer kicks ass, nothing that innovative will ever come from alpine, and second of all the F1 is worth more that most people will ever be able to afford.

New Post 07-15-2005 09:36 AM
bpetricevich

ANYWAY!, any suggestions on which HU I should purhcase???

New Post 07-15-2005 10:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bpetricevich Click here to Send bpetricevich a Private Message Find more posts by bpetricevich Add bpetricevich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NRred2

As i was saying, for your budget, the Pioneer DEH-P80MP, or Premier DEH-P8MP.

New Post 07-16-2005 02:06 AM
Nova

quote:
Originally posted on 07-14-2005 by OlogyAudio

Thats $6000 MSRP!!! whos crazy enough to open $6000 to thieves?!?!?!

New Post 07-16-2005 03:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nova Click here to Send Nova a Private Message Find more posts by Nova Add Nova to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nova

I would take Alpine over NE OTHER hu (Exept Eclipse) NE DAY

New Post 07-16-2005 03:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nova Click here to Send Nova a Private Message Find more posts by Nova Add Nova to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slayer666

Clarion Proaudio HU are very good SQ sounding. I've got the DXZ745MP it's awesome. DXZ series is what your looking for if you want SQ. Tought I can go with Alpine too. if they were not that ugly(but looks is your own personnal preference:) BTW a HU with 6.5 V output use that voltage at max volume. It just prevent the amp to amplifies the electrical noice comming from some RCA cables.

New Post 07-16-2005 10:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Slayer666 Click here to Send Slayer666 a Private Message Find more posts by Slayer666 Add Slayer666 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PiDiZzEl

quote:
Originally posted on 07-15-2005 by NRred2
First of all the joystick on the pioneer kicks ass, nothing that innovative will ever come from alpine, and second of all the F1 is worth more that most people will ever be able to afford.

You have proven your lack of intelligence, all future posts by you will be ignored. Have you seen the new glide touch? What's cooler, a joystick used for old school PC games, or, the mouse on laptop computer? Oh yeah, who always takes first place at SEMA in Vegas? Is it Pioneer? No, it's Alpine, asshole (i win).

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4041_34724,00.html

New Post 07-17-2005 04:39 PM
PiDiZzEl

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-15-2005 by bpetricevich
ANYWAY!, any suggestions on which HU I should purhcase???

An Alpine CDE-9841 would probably compare to the DEH-P8MP or DEH-P80MP... I should mention it's Alpine's cheepest head unit.

Dude, if you want your head unit to impress chicks or something, Pioneer would be a good choice, because their OEL displays are sweet. Sound quality... Alpine is better, or go above and get an Eclipse. To answer your question though, Alpine over Joysticks.

New Post 07-17-2005 04:48 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting