Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Audiofonics, yay or nay?
Go Back Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sidi

Audiofonics, yay or nay?

Hey guys, this is just a small poll of what you think about Audiofonics subwoofers, namely the ADF-292, you can find it at audiofonics.com in their sub section. I am thinking about buying it, and i just want a second opinion. thanks for looking and please respond promptly.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 06-08-2003 03:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sidi Click here to Send Sidi a Private Message Find more posts by Sidi Add Sidi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
meanman101

I've never actually heard an Alphafonics sub but I have read on various forums that they are excellent quality subs well worth the price. Try going to www.termpro.com and use their search option to read any reveiws on on Alphafonics.

New Post 06-09-2003 11:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for meanman101 Click here to Send meanman101 a Private Message Find more posts by meanman101 Add meanman101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MUPASTHECH

The Adf-292

I bought one of these subs. The manual does not make sense. I have just emailed the makers of it, to get box specs for it. I will let you know what happens, when I get this sub going.

New Post 09-04-2004 07:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MUPASTHECH Click here to Send MUPASTHECH a Private Message Find more posts by MUPASTHECH Add MUPASTHECH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tribal_Sounds

what going on guys. hey sidi I have that sub the adf-292. it fuckin pounds like shit. i hooked it up to a 2ooow monoblock and it gets so low. it picks up the high note awesomely too. youll be more then happy w/ this sub i garantee it. its hits hard and also its a bargin. btw how much are you gonna buy it for? i have a store and actually sell that product. hey mupasthech how come the manual doesnt make sense also how the sub and how much u get it for?

New Post 10-21-2004 10:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tribal_Sounds Click here to Send Tribal_Sounds a Private Message Find more posts by Tribal_Sounds Add Tribal_Sounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ptalar

I have the 272 and it sounds great. The 292 requires a bigger amp to take full advantage. I debated about buying it or the 272 for my Blazer before I had it installed, but decided on the 272 because it took up less space in the back of my 4 door Blazer. Also, I did not want to buy a 1000w amp. I already had an amp I wanted to use. If my experience with the 272 is any use to you then I would say the 292 is a good sub also as long as it has a powerful amp. My dealer wanted to charge me $150 for it. Phil

New Post 10-21-2004 02:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ptalar Click here to Send ptalar a Private Message Find more posts by ptalar Add ptalar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MUPASTHECH

Adf-292

I bought the sub on ebay for about $120. I just cant get the sub to sound good. How bout some recommendations for box sizes. What size are your boxes for this sub. I made the boxes they list in the manual, and it just didnt sound right, and I also tried the sub in a few different boxes. But anyways, im interested to the size of everyones boxes for the adf-292. Let me know.

New Post 10-21-2004 03:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MUPASTHECH Click here to Send MUPASTHECH a Private Message Find more posts by MUPASTHECH Add MUPASTHECH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tribal_Sounds

holy crap 150$ a good price. even if it farts for 150 dollars it kill subs three times that price.I dont my store doesnt retail it for even that much. anyhow. I have mine ported not sure the dimensions are thou. but the manual says for sealed is 462mm x 54mm x 319mm. and for ported 458mm x 327mm x 274mm and port lenght 210mm x 100mm. you try these dimensions yet?

New Post 10-21-2004 05:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tribal_Sounds Click here to Send Tribal_Sounds a Private Message Find more posts by Tribal_Sounds Add Tribal_Sounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tribal_Sounds

BTW what amp are you pushing it with?

New Post 10-21-2004 05:09 PM
MUPASTHECH

The box and amp

I tried the ported box... it sucked. Way too much port noise. I put a piece of wood over the port and it got alot louder. I am going to try a 2 cubic foot sealed box. What are the dimensions on your box? Maybe, this sub needs a bandpass box or something wierd like that. As for the manual not making sense, the mounting hole diameter in it, is 303 mm. That would make that 12.12 inches, correct? If that is so, then the subwoofer would fall right through that hole, I know this, because I had to cut the hole two different times, because the first time, it fell right through. There are more things in that manual, that just do not add up right. I have even emailed "Audiofonics", but they never replied. I tried two different amps at seperate times: The first was and Audiobahn A2300hct. The second was a Lanzar vibe 250 (1000 watts). I had the coils wired parrallel. This is the second version of this reply, the first time, there was some gay error, when I tried to post it. This one is a lot shorter.

New Post 10-22-2004 01:34 PM
highrollin74

RE: The box and amp

quote:
Originally posted on 10-22-2004 by MUPASTHECH
I tried the ported box... it sucked. Way too much port noise. I put a piece of wood over the port and it got alot louder. I am going to try a 2 cubic foot sealed box. What are the dimensions on your box? Maybe, this sub needs a bandpass box or something wierd like that. As for the manual not making sense, the mounting hole diameter in it, is 303 mm. That would make that 12.12 inches, correct? If that is so, then the subwoofer would fall right through that hole, I know this, because I had to cut the hole two different times, because the first time, it fell right through. There are more things in that manual, that just do not add up right. I have even emailed "Audiofonics", but they never replied. I tried two different amps at seperate times: The first was and Audiobahn A2300hct. The second was a Lanzar vibe 250 (1000 watts). I had the coils wired parrallel. This is the second version of this reply, the first time, there was some gay error, when I tried to post it. This one is a lot shorter.

303mm would be 11.9in,that still seems large but my Audiobahn High Excursions were like that.I beleive my Soundstream SS10's were a bit oversized too,hard to remember,that was like 8 years ago.

New Post 10-22-2004 01:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for highrollin74 Click here to Send highrollin74 a Private Message Find more posts by highrollin74 Add highrollin74 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
teamlsrmaxima

I have the Audiophonics ADF-272 it sounds great got it on Ebay for $49.00 It's inverted in a 2.75 cubic feet enclosure we built I'm pushing w/a MTX 421d and I hit a 139.8DB on the dash

New Post 10-23-2004 10:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for teamlsrmaxima Click here to Send teamlsrmaxima a Private Message Find more posts by teamlsrmaxima Add teamlsrmaxima to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tribal_Sounds

phew yea i had some hard time fitting that sub in my ported box. i had to shave it down like 2-3 times. the sub being 50lbs wasnt helpin either. wow those woofers are dangroues when there that heavey good weapon to throw at somebody lmao

New Post 10-25-2004 09:42 PM
MysticCrunk

Currenly I have a 15" orion HCCA DVC that I paid $250 for, a 500W pheonix gold xs2500 amp, and a pioneer premier 740mp HU, this mother is loud, I mean the windsheild wipers actually bounce off the windsheild. The majority of people I know won't even get in my car with the stereo up it is so damned loud. My friend ordered 1 of the ADF-292 off e-bay for like $100 or so put a 1000W punch power am to it, got a slot box and some POS sony HU and it puts mine to shame. Hell, it hit so hard it blew all the screws holding the sub down out and kurplunk, it hit his trunk. I am considering ordering 2 of these things and competing with them, we got a 1000W+ class here I am sure I could win. If you would like I can find out what dimensions my friend's box is for you. Thanks Dan Crunk

New Post 02-18-2005 04:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MysticCrunk Click here to Send MysticCrunk a Private Message Find more posts by MysticCrunk Add MysticCrunk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MUPASTHECH

Yeah dude

Yeah dude, post the specs of your friend's box, as many specs on it as possible, port size, wall thickness, everything. Thanks dude.

New Post 02-18-2005 02:21 PM
DroneWhiteman

My Brother had 2 ADF-272 12s in his S10 Xtreme, and he was Knockin, At Lams, a locals Club Shop during a car show he meterd it and it hit an outstanding 153.2 everyone was amazed, He had it in a Custom Downfire Ported box

New Post 12-19-2008 10:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DroneWhiteman Click here to Send DroneWhiteman a Private Message Find more posts by DroneWhiteman Add DroneWhiteman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting