Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > 250 RMS Amp
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tempest

250 RMS Amp

Im looking for a good 250 rms 2 channel amp, i dont know what brands are better for what or anything like that, the amp will power 2 infinity reference 1220w, (4 ohm,300 rms) Help would be greatly appreciated.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 12-31-2002 12:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tempest Click here to Send tempest a Private Message Find more posts by tempest Add tempest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
qwksvt2002

You would be better off getting a mono block amp. Either one big one or two smaller ones. The JL 250/1 would work with one on each sub at a 4 0hm load. I would get a JL 500/1 that would push them both at 2 ohms instead of 4 so more power will pass.

New Post 01-01-2003 02:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for qwksvt2002 Click here to Send qwksvt2002 a Private Message Find more posts by qwksvt2002 Add qwksvt2002 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tempest

yeah, but limited budget you know, im almost positive ill get a 250x2 rms amp, not sure what kind yet

New Post 01-02-2003 04:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tempest Click here to Send tempest a Private Message Find more posts by tempest Add tempest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
meanman101

Infinity subs are really and well built. Your upper end amps are usually expensive (even the small less powerfull ones). If your on a budget you may want to either save up for a while and get something really good or get a temporary amp from the lower end. From that end I would recommend "Lanzar, Cruch, or Boss" in that order. Search on eBay for a good deal. Another auction sight that I recommend is www.ubid.com definately worth a look.

New Post 01-09-2003 10:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for meanman101 Click here to Send meanman101 a Private Message Find more posts by meanman101 Add meanman101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tempest

I'll probably be getting a Profile Clarus CL800 seems cheap enough for me and it has good reviews. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-VxYT6sGLm9K/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=489CL800

New Post 01-10-2003 07:05 PM
meanman101

Profile is a good choice. In my opinion its one of the better amp lines from Jensen. I currently run a 400 watt Profile in one of my cars to power my 6 front speakers. In my opinion they are dependable and durable but not very powerfull. The Profile Clarus is the newer version of the Profile California. Same thing different shell. The reason I chose the California is because it has a long red LED light down the middle of the top of it that looks cool in the dark. I saw the 800 watt Profile Clarus for about $100 on eBay.

New Post 01-10-2003 07:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for meanman101 Click here to Send meanman101 a Private Message Find more posts by meanman101 Add meanman101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting