Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Other Mobile Electronics > alarm installation
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pimpinu2nite

alarm installation

what does it mean when its says to connect one end to one end of the starter wire and the other wire to the other end of the starter wire for the stater kill relay? Does that mean I have to cut the starter wire that runs off my ignition harness and connect the two wires of the relay? One more question and I will be done with my alarm, i have like 4 wires that says connect to 12v constant or is a 12v wire, do i just fing the 12v wire in my ignition harness and tap all the red wires into that. Please let me know before i screw up something, or just run all these wires from the battery with a fuse?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-04-2005 11:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pimpinu2nite Click here to Send pimpinu2nite a Private Message Find more posts by pimpinu2nite Add pimpinu2nite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
velocitymotorsports

RE: alarm installation

quote:
Originally posted on 08-04-2005 by pimpinu2nite
what does it mean when its says to connect one end to one end of the starter wire and the other wire to the other end of the starter wire for the stater kill relay? Does that mean I have to cut the starter wire that runs off my ignition harness and connect the two wires of the relay? One more question and I will be done with my alarm, i have like 4 wires that says connect to 12v constant or is a 12v wire, do i just fing the 12v wire in my ignition harness and tap all the red wires into that. Please let me know before i screw up something, or just run all these wires from the battery with a fuse?

That means you have to cut the starter wire in half and when you do this, you have one switch side and one motor side. Connect the switch side to 87 and the motorside to 87a. If the instructions tell you to attach a 12 + constant wire to a 12+ constant wire, then do what the instructions say.

New Post 08-05-2005 06:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for velocitymotorsports Click here to Send velocitymotorsports a Private Message Find more posts by velocitymotorsports Add velocitymotorsports to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pimpinu2nite

starter kill relay

so is that the starter wire in my ignition harness/ And also if i have my wiring diagram for my vehicle then do I have to test each wire to make sure it is the right one when the diagram says this is so and so wire?

New Post 08-05-2005 08:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pimpinu2nite Click here to Send pimpinu2nite a Private Message Find more posts by pimpinu2nite Add pimpinu2nite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
velocitymotorsports

RE: starter kill relay

quote:
Originally posted on 08-05-2005 by pimpinu2nite
so is that the starter wire in my ignition harness/ And also if i have my wiring diagram for my vehicle then do I have to test each wire to make sure it is the right one when the diagram says this is so and so wire?

Yes this is the one in your ignition harness. It's a good idea to test all wires because you should never trust all wiring diagrams. Better safe than sorry.

New Post 08-05-2005 09:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for velocitymotorsports Click here to Send velocitymotorsports a Private Message Find more posts by velocitymotorsports Add velocitymotorsports to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting