Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Other Mobile Electronics > Transponder Bypass box
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pimpinu2nite

Transponder Bypass box

Is there any other way to go than to have a key in the transponder box. I only have 1 key, the one i drive with now, and for me to get another from the dealership it will cost $120 bucks for a key that I am going to cut and put in my truck. The box has a cut key in it because I had the alarm installed in another truck. So I have 1 good key and a cut ket for another truck. What can I do without paying the $120. I was told I could get PFK1 transponder box for my vehicle, but I will still need another key. Please help.......

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-09-2005 06:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pimpinu2nite Click here to Send pimpinu2nite a Private Message Find more posts by pimpinu2nite Add pimpinu2nite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
velocitydist

What vehicle is this for? This is a common problem and my company is just starting to show Remote Start Installers how enormous the size of the market is for transponder equipped vehicles. The fact is that the cost of extra keys can sometimes deterr customers from purchasing the remote start units. My company offers a tool which can program spare transponder keys used for the installation for customers just like you at half the cost of going to a dealer. They would be able to make a little extra profit, but save you a lot by not ripping you off like dealers do. Besides saving you money they can also add convenience by saving you the extra trip to the dealer. It all depends on your vehicle Make, Model, and Year, but if you are interested, you could send me your key and I would clone it and send them both back for around $60 if you pay shipping. Another benefit of this tool is that you don't have to cut the spare key so you can have the un-cut key installed in your vehicle. Chad Winland Velocity Distribution chad@velocitydist.com

New Post 08-25-2005 12:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for velocitydist Click here to Send velocitydist a Private Message Find more posts by velocitydist Add velocitydist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pimpinu2nite

Are you f___ing serious.

Are you f___ing serious. You actually think I'm going to send you a kep to my whip and trust you to clone it and send it back, be for real, playboy. What kind of business are you running? Sounds like a scam to me........

New Post 08-25-2005 12:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pimpinu2nite Click here to Send pimpinu2nite a Private Message Find more posts by pimpinu2nite Add pimpinu2nite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
velocitydist

Locksmiths are saving people money everyday by doing this exact thing. I'm not a locksmith, but I sell locksmiths the keys and cutting machines they use to do the work. Its no scam, but I can understand your hesitation. Thats alright though,I don't care either way. Pay the $120, I don't care. FYI: that same key sells to a locksmith for $27.00. I'd suggest going to a locksmith rather than a dealer though, they will probably give you a little better of a deal.

New Post 08-25-2005 01:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for velocitydist Click here to Send velocitydist a Private Message Find more posts by velocitydist Add velocitydist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pimpinu2nite

key

The key has to be programmed anyone can make a spare a key, for $60 are you going to program the key for my vehicle also? I can get a spare key myself for $20 but its not programmed.

New Post 08-25-2005 03:59 PM
velocitydist

Key

Yes it would be programmed, thats what the tool does, it programs another key. The programming is what costs $60. The key would never even be cut...but like I said it all depends on what Make, Model, and Year it is. There are only certain vehicles that can be programmed without cutting the key and without having the vehicle present.

New Post 08-25-2005 04:34 PM
FrankieV

Well here is a cheap way you can do it. It’s been a few years since I’ve done a transponder so you might have to work at it. First Google the procedure that you will need to know on how to program a new set of keys. I sure that older Fords for example do not need a fancy programmer so it should work on newer ones.. Next go to the auto wreaker and find the same make and model of your vehicle and with a bit of luck you might find a transponder key. It does not have to be cut for your vehicle you just need the key and in a worst case situation all you need is a blank. Next program the first two keys as normal but for the one you will be using for the auto starter just insert it into the ignition and hot wire to start with out turning . If it works you will know because the vehicle will remain running. Now shut of the ignition, place the blank in the box and you should now be good to go. The cost of the blank and the cutting by the way is artificial high for the same reason replacement face plates are costly. To prevent someone from just coming in and buying a cheap replacement. Good luck

New Post 08-28-2005 02:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FrankieV Click here to Send FrankieV a Private Message Find more posts by FrankieV Add FrankieV to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aimmotorsports

usally you need 2 keys to prgram a new one with out the compuetr. you can always remove the chip from the key and glue it to the key cylinder...

New Post 03-24-2006 09:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aimmotorsports Click here to Send aimmotorsports a Private Message Find more posts by aimmotorsports Add aimmotorsports to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FrankieV

Well yes and no http://www.fordf150.net/howto/patskey.php Following the On-Board programming you can trick the third key to program by hot-wiring the vehicle even if you are using a blank. I can verify that this does work as Ive done it myself on more than one occasion. All you need is a transponder key, any transponder key and you should be able to box the copy and keep your original. Be sure to read the instructions from top to bottom, as I will not be responsible if it does not work.

New Post 06-07-2006 05:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for FrankieV Click here to Send FrankieV a Private Message Find more posts by FrankieV Add FrankieV to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
proatthagame

RE: Transponder Bypass box

quote:
Originally posted on 08-09-2005 by pimpinu2nite
Is there any other way to go than to have a key in the transponder box. I only have 1 key, the one i drive with now, and for me to get another from the dealership it will cost $120 bucks for a key that I am going to cut and put in my truck. The box has a cut key in it because I had the alarm installed in another truck. So I have 1 good key and a cut ket for another truck. What can I do without paying the $120. I was told I could get PFK1 transponder box for my vehicle, but I will still need another key. Please help.......

DEI makes two kinds of bypass.

There is one where you can keep the key in the box and there is one that will learn the code and store it.

The one that keeps the key in the box is the best to use.

New Post 06-14-2006 12:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for proatthagame Click here to Send proatthagame a Private Message Find more posts by proatthagame Add proatthagame to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting