Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > CarStereo.com Lobby > XBOX 360 vs Ps3
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hzsogood

XBOX 360 vs Ps3

Just wonderin when either were coming out and if any one knows which one is supposed to be the big dog..?? From what i ve heard Ps3 is gonna smoke Xbox 360 all over in almost every gaming aspect.. Obviously especially licenses

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-13-2005 11:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hzsogood Click here to Send hzsogood a Private Message Find more posts by hzsogood Add hzsogood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VladTepes

Xbox 360 is comming out on November... I dunno which will be the best, but I have seen very nice, impressive would say, screenshots of the 360. I have a little more faith to the X, but that's just me....

New Post 08-14-2005 12:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for VladTepes Click here to Send VladTepes a Private Message Find more posts by VladTepes Add VladTepes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
korndog

microsoft and ati?? man, i stop gaming for a year and crazy stuff starts happening..

New Post 08-14-2005 03:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for korndog Click here to Send korndog a Private Message Find more posts by korndog Add korndog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xxwiredxx

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-14-2005 by korndog
microsoft and ati?? man, i stop gaming for a year and crazy stuff starts happening..

Regardless of which system outperforms the other,I will have them both added to my game console collection.I have been into gaming ever since I took over my parents Magnavox Odyssey back when I was only five years old.They bought it in 1975,which was also its last year of production.But I still have it and many other consoles put up in storage..Damn,Now I am reminiscing.. :D

My bad Korndog,I was not meaning to quote you bro.. :P

New Post 08-14-2005 03:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for xxwiredxx Click here to Send xxwiredxx a Private Message Find more posts by xxwiredxx Add xxwiredxx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hzsogood

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-14-2005 by Shannon
ps3 is going shit all over the xbox. rumour has it that Microsoft wants to be the underdog right now because they have some kind of extravagant plan for their third console.

last week, i went to this graphics convention hosted by an organization called siggraph. ATi was there and so the new xbox was also there (since it is backed by one of ATi's processors)
It was very impressive! literally movie quality game play on the demo they had running.
although, like its been said, PS3 is supposed to blow the 360 out of the water, and for those who have taken note, That Final Fantasy 7 teaser supposedly doesnt utilize even half of the PS3s potential. but if its like the ps2, i think its going to take developers a little while to figure out how to best utilize ps3's hardware.

Thats cool to hear about Ps3.. Where can u go to see any teasers of the actual gameplay.. I could search but im to lazy right now, and im sure ppl in here could find it way faster.. Yup dial up sux, i no..

New Post 08-14-2005 10:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hzsogood Click here to Send hzsogood a Private Message Find more posts by hzsogood Add hzsogood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coviecarbine

remember 360 will also be $299 at launch and ps3 will be at least $399

New Post 08-14-2005 04:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for coviecarbine Click here to Send coviecarbine a Private Message Find more posts by coviecarbine Add coviecarbine to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiAmplidude

Both will rock seriously. I think MS has the upper hand for market-share though, since (unfortunately) it will be available well before the PS3. Regardless of which one is a better performer, folks will be buying the 360 and will still probably be pretty happy with it still when the release of PS3 comes around. Personally, I'll have both, if I can justify it with games, features and performance.

New Post 08-14-2005 06:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for HiAmplidude Click here to Send HiAmplidude a Private Message Find more posts by HiAmplidude Add HiAmplidude to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
budhamnk

I was a long-time PS advocate, and for good reason:More games, used to the controller. But then someone showed me Halo. I'm not even that big of a first person shooter fan, but X-Box is essentially a cpu hardrive with enough power to house the smoothest gameplay. While PS fans are waiting for their game to load...I'm alreay in the 2nd quarter of Madden. Also I hear the new Halo will be released for 360 the same day PS3 drops. Of course PS3 will sell more, but that doesn't mean anything. Macs are superior to PC's and they aren't even close in total sales. Bring on 360!!

New Post 08-15-2005 04:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for budhamnk Click here to Send budhamnk a Private Message Find more posts by budhamnk Add budhamnk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
budhamnk

There is nothing better than a lovely lady talking video games...you rock Shannon!

New Post 08-15-2005 04:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for budhamnk Click here to Send budhamnk a Private Message Find more posts by budhamnk Add budhamnk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
riva16

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-15-2005 by budhamnk
There is nothing better than a lovely lady talking video games...you rock Shannon!

For real!

Anyway, PS3 is going to be bad-ass, and I'm starting to save my money starting on my next check now that you guys reminded me about it... F*** my plans for 4 Thunder 8000s, screw that! PS3! I heard PS3 can play PS1, and PS2 games... that would be tight ass. It would be even cooler if they developed a PS1 driver to utilize better graphics, and/or faster processing. Even though PS2 runs 300 Mhz, when PS1 ran 34Mhz, the driver they developed didn't utilize faster proccessing during PS1 games, and most games STILL slowed down like they did on PS1... Sucked! The only thing cool was, you could smooth the graphics a little, and load faster through settings... Thats it! I guess it would be cooler to speed up, and modify PS2 games through the PS3's hardware like Ps2 did to PS1 games. Thats my two cents... Kyle

New Post 08-15-2005 10:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for riva16 Click here to Send riva16 a Private Message Find more posts by riva16 Add riva16 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coviecarbine

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-16-2005 by PowerAcoustikman
I saw both at E3 and Xbox 360 was a much better console. The hardware and OS is far more superior to PS3's. Xbox has a more powerful processor, well what its clocked at doesn't show the ability, but what its capable of is scary. The Xbox 360 RV560 is equivelent to 2 7800GTX's, according to benchmarks. PS3's graphics don't even match up againest one 7800GTX. Sad, but Ps3 will sell their console at 399.99 for about 6-7months until a price drop. Xbox 360 starts at 299.99 for the same amount of time. Microsoft will have a better market in the US, but Japan won't give in to america's console. Anyways specs and benchmarks don't lie, xbox 360 is far superior in all catagories, with OS, and Hardware. Not to mention XBL is far greater then Playstation Online. Let me just remind everyone microsoft is one of the biggest computer software manufacters and has knowledge up to out ears about computers and everything. Sony is more just electronics, not so much computers. Microsoft is better for power and peformance since their main background is computers. Oh Shannon do you have any links backing up your ps3 blowing 360 out the water? From what I read even Sony was scared to see the potential of the 360. Before you blab lies, get some hard facts with links.

in my opinion ps3 will be faster but still not worth the 100 extra dollars and besides 360 with 3 cores running 2 threads at the same time! thats like having 6 cpu's in one console 1 for graphics,1 for A.I.,1 for well... you get the picture. personally im not buying either. 59.99 for a game? thats bullshit. P.S. if you guys dont want to spend that much for a game send an email to microsoft or sony and tell em

New Post 08-16-2005 04:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for coviecarbine Click here to Send coviecarbine a Private Message Find more posts by coviecarbine Add coviecarbine to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shannon

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-16-2005 by PowerAcoustikman
I saw both at E3 and Xbox 360 was a much better console. The hardware and OS is far more superior to PS3's. Xbox has a more powerful processor, well what its clocked at doesn't show the ability, but what its capable of is scary. The Xbox 360 RV560 is equivelent to 2 7800GTX's, according to benchmarks. PS3's graphics don't even match up againest one 7800GTX. Sad, but Ps3 will sell their console at 399.99 for about 6-7months until a price drop. Xbox 360 starts at 299.99 for the same amount of time. Microsoft will have a better market in the US, but Japan won't give in to america's console. Anyways specs and benchmarks don't lie, xbox 360 is far superior in all catagories, with OS, and Hardware. Not to mention XBL is far greater then Playstation Online. Let me just remind everyone microsoft is one of the biggest computer software manufacters and has knowledge up to out ears about computers and everything. Sony is more just electronics, not so much computers. Microsoft is better for power and peformance since their main background is computers. Oh Shannon do you have any links backing up your ps3 blowing 360 out the water? From what I read even Sony was scared to see the potential of the 360. Before you blab lies, get some hard facts with links.

Whoa! hold on there buddy...

I am not lying, i did not say anything to be factual. I quote myself "Ps3 is supposed to blow the 360 out of the water" - Shannon Stratus

I didn't say Well ps3 has this and that and its definitely gonna own 360 up the butt
No i didn't now...
I dont appreciate being called a liar.
These are specs from your precious E3, now what are you going to say, you're the one whose claiming you saw both at E3 so this must be right, no?
There was also much information available in the Siggraph link i provided, but you probably didn't look at that either...
So anyway, no i'm not a liar.

1) I did not say anything to be factual, the word "suppose(d)" is usually held in terms of speculation, anyone with an education past 4th grade would know that... Shannon is supposed to stop by tonight... - It doesn't mean she's going to though...
The United States was supposed to catch Bin Laden, it doesn't mean they have...

2) I've provided your precious facts, there you are, straight from your precious E3. So don't even say that im blabbing out lies when i've provided now TWO links!

By the way... where are your credible source(s)?

Another thing you fail to realize is that regardless of ps3's hardware, it holds tons of rpgs from two past consoles, in addition to developer contracts for future rpgs, and if you took even one minute to understand the rpg market, you'd kick your own ass for me.

New Post 08-16-2005 06:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Shannon Click here to Send Shannon a Private Message Find more posts by Shannon Add Shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hzsogood

Hey PA.. Are u always about pissing someone off in every thread?? Cuz from what i ve seem u been doing a good job at it .. Keep up the good work numbnuts..

New Post 08-16-2005 06:40 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
kaotiksyko, from , CO. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting