Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Other Mobile Electronics > alternative door pop?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
drell42

alternative door pop?

At my store we have a demo car with shaved doors and we only have one remote (between all five of use) does anyone know of a way to pop the doors with out the use of the remote. I have heard of using a magnetic type switch behind the fender.... has anyone heard of anything? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-21-2005 04:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for drell42 Click here to Send drell42 a Private Message Find more posts by drell42 Add drell42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FastCR

way back when, before they had remotes, they used hidden buttons underneath the door. Even now, most kits come with override switches in case you lose your remote.
I'm going to shave my doors when I'm ready to get my truck painted.

New Post 08-03-2006 06:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for FastCR Click here to Send FastCR a Private Message Find more posts by FastCR Add FastCR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phonymike

you just gotta send 12 volts to the selonoid in the door right? how are the doors triggered, only the driver side, or two clicks opens both?

New Post 08-04-2006 02:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for phonymike Click here to Send phonymike a Private Message Find more posts by phonymike Add phonymike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jowens500

Yes, that will work. I use a generic magnetic switch I get from AAMP. I mount the inside a light lens. works like a champ!.......J

New Post 08-10-2006 09:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jowens500 Click here to Send jowens500 a Private Message Find more posts by jowens500 Add jowens500 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bangin12s

You may be able to buy more remotes from the manufacture. My popper kit states in the manual up to 5 remotes can be programed. I got the SPAL 7 channel 2-door kit. But that magnet trigger is way more trick!!!! I'm goona look into that switch and do it to mine!!! Thanks for the idea, Ron.

New Post 08-28-2006 05:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bangin12s Click here to Send bangin12s a Private Message Find more posts by bangin12s Add bangin12s to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
klingjr

just wanted to let yall kno when you shave your door handles dont get the kit frm airbagit. the kits are shit and they have the worst coustomer service ever! also autoloc is ok but not the best. someone told me a better company but i dont remeber, sry but i kno my kit came frm airbagit and the other day my remotes just came unprogramed. my windows were rolled all the way up and my truck was at school. just remember the more you pay the better!

New Post 09-11-2006 10:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for klingjr Click here to Send klingjr a Private Message Find more posts by klingjr Add klingjr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chiefaudiophile

The last one of these we did we took a key pad from a ford and located it under the LR fender. I think we will be doing this from now on.

New Post 09-19-2006 12:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for chiefaudiophile Click here to Send chiefaudiophile a Private Message Find more posts by chiefaudiophile Add chiefaudiophile to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drell42

Got it. what I did is take two knock remote paging switches, which i found when hit release a 1 second ground pulse, so what i did is hide one in each fender. so now when you tap the fender the corisponding door opens. it works like a dream.

New Post 09-19-2006 07:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for drell42 Click here to Send drell42 a Private Message Find more posts by drell42 Add drell42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting