Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Alpine , clarion, or kenwood-please help
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
caob5

Alpine , clarion, or kenwood-please help

need help on picking a head unit for my explorer, i currently have a 4 year old eclipse and have had bad luck with it. Would like to stay unde 500.00 if possible. i have always had alpine and had good luck with them, but i hear not so good things about the 9855 glide touch and was wondering whats the next top of the line alpine? any comments would be appreciated.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-27-2005 10:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for caob5 Click here to Send caob5 a Private Message Find more posts by caob5 Add caob5 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alpine45

well maby look at kenwood kdc-mp928 or the step down kcd-mp828 or if you want alpine go with the 9851 or clarion the DXZ855MP or a step up the DXZ955MC but ive never used the clarions but have hurd them the do look cool and look like the work well but you never know. i would say kenwood at the moment.th

New Post 08-27-2005 11:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for alpine45 Click here to Send alpine45 a Private Message Find more posts by alpine45 Add alpine45 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FitzyG

clarion or pioneer premier 860...

New Post 08-28-2005 10:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for FitzyG Click here to Send FitzyG a Private Message Find more posts by FitzyG Add FitzyG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
j0ec

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-28-2005 by FitzyG
clarion or pioneer premier 860...

i agree

New Post 08-28-2005 10:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for j0ec Click here to Send j0ec a Private Message Find more posts by j0ec Add j0ec to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slayer666

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-28-2005 by j0ec
i agree

Clarion ProAudio, Pioneer Premier:) Personnaly I've got DXZ745MP and this HU is Sick

New Post 08-29-2005 10:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Slayer666 Click here to Send Slayer666 a Private Message Find more posts by Slayer666 Add Slayer666 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GRANDV

Clarion. I've got the DXZ825 and its crazy what it can do.

New Post 08-29-2005 01:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GRANDV Click here to Send GRANDV a Private Message Find more posts by GRANDV Add GRANDV to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smgreen20

I'm going to have to say clarion as well. I've had nothing but clarion HUs, till now. My current HU is a clarion DRX9375R w/the DPH9300 DSP/EQ/Xover, you wanna talk about sick. Reasons for a newer HU is that this thing is now 8 yrs old, and was a demo when I bought it. Eclipse CD8455 will be my next HU. 2 reasons....1) E-iSERV, and 2) 8 volt preouts for my Phoenix Gold ZPA0.3

New Post 08-29-2005 08:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for smgreen20 Click here to Send smgreen20 a Private Message Find more posts by smgreen20 Add smgreen20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FitzyG

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-29-2005 by smgreen20
I'm going to have to say clarion as well. I've had nothing but clarion HUs, till now. My current HU is a clarion DRX9375R w/the DPH9300 DSP/EQ/Xover, you wanna talk about sick. Reasons for a newer HU is that this thing is now 8 yrs old, and was a demo when I bought it. Eclipse CD8455 will be my next HU. 2 reasons....1) E-iSERV, and 2) 8 volt preouts for my Phoenix Gold ZPA0.3

FYI: According to an audiocontrol test I saw at a dealer, the new eclipses do less than 3v actual. This could be BS, but something to look into..

New Post 08-30-2005 01:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FitzyG Click here to Send FitzyG a Private Message Find more posts by FitzyG Add FitzyG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kickerdealer

eclipse rules the world...sure you might not be able to get a really sweet display for under $499.00, but you're listening to the damn thing, right? i'll tell you this- at my shop we sell pioneer premire, clarion, panasonic, sony, jvc, blaupunkt...all of them, but, since we've started carrying eclipse we can't get anyone to but anyting else. we seriously havn't sold a pioneer in 10 months. we sell nothing but. and it's and easy sell too...the stuff just sounds better. and thats what were all here for, right?

New Post 08-30-2005 08:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kickerdealer Click here to Send kickerdealer a Private Message Find more posts by kickerdealer Add kickerdealer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kickerdealer

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-29-2005 by smgreen20

im running the 8455...it's the best thing to ever spit out a cd.

New Post 08-30-2005 08:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kickerdealer Click here to Send kickerdealer a Private Message Find more posts by kickerdealer Add kickerdealer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FitzyG

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-30-2005 by kickerdealer
eclipse rules the world...sure you might not be able to get a really sweet display for under $499.00, but you're listening to the damn thing, right? i'll tell you this- at my shop we sell pioneer premire, clarion, panasonic, sony, jvc, blaupunkt...all of them, but, since we've started carrying eclipse we can't get anyone to but anyting else. we seriously havn't sold a pioneer in 10 months. we sell nothing but. and it's and easy sell too...the stuff just sounds better. and thats what were all here for, right?

weird.. b/c I'd take a pioneer premier over an eclipse any day of the week... b/c it "just sounds better" on every setup I've heard...
With this high level of product, I highly doubt most ppl could tell the difference in a good install in a double blind test

"eclipse rules the world..."

^ahahahahaha....

don't make stupid blanket statements of one company being the best.. especially when you're name involves kicker..

New Post 08-31-2005 12:33 AM
kickerdealer

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-31-2005 by FitzyG
weird.. b/c I'd take a pioneer premier over an eclipse any day of the week... b/c it "just sounds better" on every setup I've heard...
With this high level of product, I highly doubt most ppl could tell the difference in a good install in a double blind test

"eclipse rules the world..."

^ahahahahaha....

don't make stupid blanket statements of one company being the best.. especially when you're name involves kicker..

ya know...i've never understood why people in these forums get so damn devensive when their favorite product isn't considered the cats ass by everyone in the free world. to me you're statement is "weird" because in my experience (which i have alot of, because i am a professional installer and have ran the gararge in the last two shops i've worked at) eclipse easily outpreforms premire in every catagory but cosmetics. they're pretty. how nice. my shop infact carries both product, and we haven't even sold a pioneer in 10 months. if you're so confident in pioneer, don't defend them with stupid coments like your last post, back it up. tell us why. thats how you prove your self right. not with a battle of insults. we're not children.

New Post 08-31-2005 08:38 AM
FitzyG

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-31-2005 by kickerdealer
ya know...i've never understood why people in these forums get so damn devensive when their favorite product isn't considered the cats ass by everyone in the free world. to me you're statement is "weird" because in my experience (which i have alot of, because i am a professional installer and have ran the gararge in the last two shops i've worked at) eclipse easily outpreforms premire in every catagory but cosmetics. they're pretty. how nice. my shop infact carries both product, and we haven't even sold a pioneer in 10 months. if you're so confident in pioneer, don't defend them with stupid coments like your last post, back it up. tell us why. thats how you prove your self right. not with a battle of insults. we're not children.

audiocontrol did a test showing eclipse 8v = circa 2 v or less actual output. How accurate that is?? IDK, but being able to say one company rules the world is just a pointless blanket statement. Once again, if eclipse rules the world, why isn't your name "EclipseDealer"? Eclipse, Pioneer, Clarion, Alpine. Take all four, crank em up yer bum, and pick one out. I guarentee it'll sound good.

New Post 08-31-2005 10:54 PM
kickerdealer

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-31-2005 by FitzyG
audiocontrol did a test showing eclipse 8v = circa 2 v or less actual output. How accurate that is?? IDK, but being able to say one company rules the world is just a pointless blanket statement. Once again, if eclipse rules the world, why isn't your name "EclipseDealer"? Eclipse, Pioneer, Clarion, Alpine. Take all four, crank em up yer bum, and pick one out. I guarentee it'll sound good.

whats your problem...are you really that much of an assclown? i've seen your name on alot of posts and haven't read one intellegent word yet. you get all defensive because all you know about car audio is how to talk shit apparently. prove me wrong. -and im sure you're the only person that didn't preceive my "eclipse" comment as nothing more than a figure of speach.

New Post 09-01-2005 08:50 AM
kickerdealer

and by the way...audiocontrol makes line drivers, one thing an eclipse owener doesn't need, and their "test showing eclipse 8v = circa 2 v or less actual output." is marketing. just like legacy's 1600 watt wonder. think about it.

New Post 09-01-2005 08:54 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting