Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > best subwoofer brand?
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
screaminbronco

best subwoofer brand?

Hey I need yalls help I was needing to know what brand has the best subwoofers and amps?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-30-2005 02:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for screaminbronco Click here to Send screaminbronco a Private Message Find more posts by screaminbronco Add screaminbronco to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlpineAddct

I really dont know of a REAL answer for it. But I know Adire has some awesome subs. As for amps? I love the Jl 1000/1 personally. But I dont know that much about other stuff.

New Post 08-30-2005 02:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AlpineAddct Click here to Send AlpineAddct a Private Message Find more posts by AlpineAddct Add AlpineAddct to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iagrdshaka

RE: best subwoofer brand?

quote:
Originally posted on 08-30-2005 by screaminbronco
Hey I need yalls help I was needing to know what brand has the best subwoofers and amps?

There is no best car audio company.

New Post 08-30-2005 03:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iagrdshaka Click here to Send iagrdshaka a Private Message Find more posts by iagrdshaka Add iagrdshaka to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExcessLancer

JL is in style now!

New Post 08-30-2005 04:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ExcessLancer Click here to Send ExcessLancer a Private Message Find more posts by ExcessLancer Add ExcessLancer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maxil223

Nothing can be overrated and overpriced. IMO overrated is a Price:Performance ratio. The price is high, and the performance is great. So its not exactly overrated, it keeps up with its opponents, it is a little off on the price i will admit. If the price matched the quality(100.00 less), it would be seen a lot more than it is now.

New Post 08-30-2005 07:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Maxil223 Click here to Send Maxil223 a Private Message Find more posts by Maxil223 Add Maxil223 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FitzyG

RE: best subwoofer brand?

quote:
Originally posted on 08-30-2005 by screaminbronco

best for what?? How much $$?? How much power?? How much space? How could you have possibly asked a worse question?? How can we get excess and PAman to stop posting stupid shit??

These are questions we must have answered...

New Post 08-31-2005 12:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FitzyG Click here to Send FitzyG a Private Message Find more posts by FitzyG Add FitzyG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExcessLancer

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-30-2005 by PowerAcoustikman
^^Overated and Overpriced! Go back to your Boss Excess!

Actualy I use MAaudio woofers! NOt Boss

New Post 08-31-2005 01:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ExcessLancer Click here to Send ExcessLancer a Private Message Find more posts by ExcessLancer Add ExcessLancer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nova

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-31-2005 by ExcessLancer
Actualy I use MAaudio woofers! NOt Boss

Boss amp though, right?? AND I think you are lying to us about that, I read a post a week ago that stated that when you go to comps, you outbass everyone with your BOSS subwoofers, and when you go past cops and turn your hits off, they ask for more because your BOSS sounds so good. Hey man, your neutral from me, you say something worse than cops enjoy disturbance of the peace, and we're gonna have a prob. ;) BTW, if you have MA, then all stated above was your Silver Years.

About woofers, (Sence this IS in the subwoofer category) let me use a metaphore for choosing subwoofers. Choosing subs is like choosing Cats(Or Dogs) and with that, if you know nothing about cats, then instinctivly, you're gonna go for then best looking, paw licking cat in the market, then you take it home and try to make it climb a tree(Or whatever you cat owners think of) and then the cat falls over and dies of a heart attack... You can listen on oppinions, but you might not want a cat that jumps threw hoops, maybe a cat should lick your face to wake you up in the morning... You know, it's all what you want in your sound.

New Post 08-31-2005 01:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nova Click here to Send Nova a Private Message Find more posts by Nova Add Nova to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FitzyG

I honestly do NOT understand this bashing of boss. Who the fuck cares?? It's not going to make an SQ difference, and if his alt can handle the current draw and he gets the wattage he needs, then the amp is performing like and amp should. Bottom line: if it works, and he likes it, and it doesn't overheat, fuck it, THEN IT WORKS. AND HE LIKES IT. THAT'S WHAT THIS HOBBY IS ABOUT. Remember, ppl have won sq comps with pyramid woofers. Like it or not..

If you don't like his definition of SQ or his "ideas" about drivers, then you can say something about that. But taking pointless shots at his choice of amps/subs is just that, pointless.

New Post 08-31-2005 01:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FitzyG Click here to Send FitzyG a Private Message Find more posts by FitzyG Add FitzyG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExcessLancer

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-31-2005 by Nova
Boss amp though, right?? AND I think you are lying to us about that, I read a post a week ago that stated that when you go to comps, you outbass everyone with your BOSS subwoofers, and when you go past cops and turn your hits off, they ask for more because your BOSS sounds so good. Hey man, your neutral from me, you say something worse than cops enjoy disturbance of the peace, and we're gonna have a prob. ;) BTW, if you have MA, then all stated above was your Silver Years.

About woofers, (Sence this IS in the subwoofer category) let me use a metaphore for choosing subwoofers. Choosing subs is like choosing Cats(Or Dogs) and with that, if you know nothing about cats, then instinctivly, you're gonna go for then best looking, paw licking cat in the market, then you take it home and try to make it climb a tree(Or whatever you cat owners think of) and then the cat falls over and dies of a heart attack... You can listen on oppinions, but you might not want a cat that jumps threw hoops, maybe a cat should lick your face to wake you up in the morning... You know, it's all what you want in your sound.

NO dude, I use MAaudio subs (in my "silver years" I used Vega 12s) and boss amps only! MOst cops say to turn it down, some who I guess are into car sound, are cool but they are few and far between. Your sub woofer metaphore was very confusing.... but what if i want a "cadog" or a woofer system that can play many types of music? what then?

New Post 08-31-2005 02:00 AM
FitzyG

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-31-2005 by ExcessLancer
NO dude, I use MAaudio subs (in my "silver years" I used Vega 12s) and boss amps only! MOst cops say to turn it down, some who I guess are into car sound, are cool but they are few and far between. Your sub woofer metaphore was very confusing.... but what if i want a "cadog" or a woofer system that can play many types of music? what then?

... then you'd have one fucked up looking love making scene between a cat and a dog. At least, I think.. I'm still kinda confused by his metaphor also to tell you the truth.

And I'm a cat person...

New Post 08-31-2005 02:10 AM
Nova

Hmm... Lots of people are confused, I'll go over it a step at a time:

About woofers, (Sence this IS in the subwoofer category) let me use a metaphore for choosing subwoofers. Choosing subs is like choosing Cats(Or Dogs)
(Something other than a subwoofer)
and with that, if you know nothing about cats, (cats mean subwoofers) then instinctivly, you're gonna go for then best looking, paw licking cat in the market,(ie; low-end Audiobahn, Infinity, Sony, dual, ect.) then you take it home and try to make it climb a tree (Play your favorite song at high levels)(Or whatever you cat owners think of) and then the cat falls over and dies of a heart attack...(Subwoofer sounds like ass, or blows up instantly(or gradually)) You can listen on oppinions, but you might not want a cat that jumps threw hoops,(meaning play extremely loud(SPL Wise) and sound like a hot-dog thrown down a hall) maybe a cat should lick your face to wake you up in the morning...(Sound increadable, but not be as loud as others)

You know, it's all what you want in your sound.

New Post 08-31-2005 02:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nova Click here to Send Nova a Private Message Find more posts by Nova Add Nova to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FitzyG

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-31-2005 by Nova
Hmm... Lots of people are confused, I'll go over it a step at a time:

About woofers, (Sence this IS in the subwoofer category) let me use a metaphore for choosing subwoofers. Choosing subs is like choosing Cats(Or Dogs)
(Something other than a subwoofer)
and with that, if you know nothing about cats, (cats mean subwoofers) then instinctivly, you're gonna go for then best looking, paw licking cat in the market,(ie; low-end Audiobahn, Infinity, Sony, dual, ect.) then you take it home and try to make it climb a tree (Play your favorite song at high levels)(Or whatever you cat owners think of) and then the cat falls over and dies of a heart attack...(Subwoofer sounds like ass, or blows up instantly(or gradually)) You can listen on oppinions, but you might not want a cat that jumps threw hoops,(meaning play extremely loud(SPL Wise) and sound like a hot-dog thrown down a hall) maybe a cat should lick your face to wake you up in the morning...(Sound increadable, but not be as loud as others)

You know, it's all what you want in your sound.

I THINK I understand. BTW, i like the "hot dog down the hall" analogy.

New Post 08-31-2005 02:38 AM
Nova

^^^ lol

New Post 08-31-2005 03:29 AM
screaminbronco

It really wasnt a stupid question I was just wanting yalls opinions.

New Post 08-31-2005 11:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for screaminbronco Click here to Send screaminbronco a Private Message Find more posts by screaminbronco Add screaminbronco to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting