Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > I hate ohms....
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Doug78

I hate ohms....

i got a Mtx roadthunder 202 amp. I have two 4 ohm subs. At two ohms it puts out 75x2, at 4 ohms it does 37.5x2. Can i get the 75 watt output into each sub?(100 rms subs)

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-17-2005 11:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Doug78 Click here to Send Doug78 a Private Message Find more posts by Doug78 Add Doug78 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VladTepes

Ummmm.. don't think so... might work if it was ony one sub... 2 channel amp, right?

New Post 09-17-2005 11:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for VladTepes Click here to Send VladTepes a Private Message Find more posts by VladTepes Add VladTepes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug78

yes two channel amp.

New Post 09-17-2005 11:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Doug78 Click here to Send Doug78 a Private Message Find more posts by Doug78 Add Doug78 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug78

http://www.mtxaudio.com/caraudio/products/amplifiers/roadThunder202.cfm theres the link to the amp, could someone just tell me the most power i can get to my subs?

New Post 09-17-2005 11:43 PM
VladTepes

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-17-2005 by Doug78
http://www.mtxaudio.com/caraudio/products/amplifiers/roadThunder202.cfm theres the link to the amp, could someone just tell me the most power i can get to my subs?

I would better just get rid of one sub, and bridge the other one... or get another amp... I definitely don't think ur subs are 100wrms...

New Post 09-17-2005 11:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for VladTepes Click here to Send VladTepes a Private Message Find more posts by VladTepes Add VladTepes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug78

it say on the back they are, they are pretty old.

New Post 09-17-2005 11:51 PM
VladTepes

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-17-2005 by Doug78
it say on the back they are, they are pretty old.

Hmmm... 100wrms one sub? Either get rid of both subs or just sell the amp, and get another one... a 4 channel amp would work for those subs, and I think u could find cheap ones, just needing around 200wrms

New Post 09-18-2005 12:19 AM
BatNastard

I have the same amp. In theory you should be able to wire both 4Ohm subs in series and bridged for a total of about 75w RMS. So, you're still looking at the same power. I used two 8ohm subs in parallel, bridged, for 150W RMS or about 75W each.

New Post 09-18-2005 07:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BatNastard Click here to Send BatNastard a Private Message Find more posts by BatNastard Add BatNastard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btw1217

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-18-2005 by BatNastard
I have the same amp. In theory you should be able to wire both 4Ohm subs in series and bridged for a total of about 75w RMS. So, you're still looking at the same power. I used two 8ohm subs in parallel, bridged, for 150W RMS or about 75W each.

What he said should work. Just make sure you wire them in series. If you do it in parallel and bridged, you'll put way too many watts on your subs and your amp will overheat pretty fast at 2 ohms bridged.

New Post 09-20-2005 11:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for btw1217 Click here to Send btw1217 a Private Message Find more posts by btw1217 Add btw1217 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug78

So hooking up two 4 ohm subs, would give a 2 ohm draw? overheating the amp? So unless i had two 8 ohm subs i cannot get more than 37.5 rms.

New Post 09-21-2005 01:45 PM
audeogod

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-21-2005 by Doug78
So hooking up two 4 ohm subs, would give a 2 ohm draw? overheating the amp? So unless i had two 8 ohm subs i cannot get more than 37.5 rms.

If you hook up two 4 ohm subs in parallel, then you have a total of 2 ohms. That's too low for that amp to handle bridged so that's not an option. Hooking them up in series will give you an 8 ohm load and the amp can handle that, but it will cut it's power output in half. Like someone said above, you'd only get 75 RMS, which is the same 37.5 RMS per sub as just running them with one on each channel. But unfortunately, that's all you can do with those two subs and that amp. Run one per channel, or run them in series and bridge it. But running them in parallel bridged is not an option at all unless you want to risk frying the amp.

And if you had two 8 ohm subs in parallel and bridged to the amp, then each sub would get 75 RMS then. That's the only way there. Sorry. My advice is do what Vlad said, get rid of one and just bridge the other one to the amp for 150 RMS on one sub only. Set your gain to get no distortion and let it pound away with plenty of power on one sub only.

New Post 09-23-2005 11:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for audeogod Click here to Send audeogod a Private Message Find more posts by audeogod Add audeogod to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nova

1. Get a Good paying job.
2. Use the amp to power some good mids and highs
3. Use money collected from 3 weeks pay to buy a relatively more powerful amp.

Don't be afraid of holding on to money for a little longer than intended, you can spend $500 for a really good starters system, but yo always need more of something.

If you want a cheap hobby, I suggest collecting navel lint.

New Post 09-26-2005 11:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nova Click here to Send Nova a Private Message Find more posts by Nova Add Nova to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
audeogod

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-26-2005 by Nova
1. Get a Good paying job.
2. Use the amp to power some good mids and highs
3. Use money collected from 3 weeks pay to buy a relatively more powerful amp.

Don't be afraid of holding on to money for a little longer than intended, you can spend $500 for a really good starters system, but yo always need more of something.

If you want a cheap hobby, I suggest collecting navel lint.

Yeah and if you're gonna do something like that, I suggest getting a head start by raiding your clothes dryer's lint trap. Tear it in little pieces and mix in some Q-tip cotton and rub it on the dog's butt or under your armpits, or both even, to add a realistic smell to authenicate it and impress all your friends with your "year's worth" of collecting. You can even tear some of it in big hunks and say it came from a really fat person. Add in a couple of body hairs for appearance to make it look even more realistic.

Damn, I would never be this gross in real life, but right now it's after 2:00 A.M. and I'm slaphappy I guess.

New Post 09-27-2005 02:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for audeogod Click here to Send audeogod a Private Message Find more posts by audeogod Add audeogod to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xxwiredxx

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-27-2005 by audeogod
Yeah and if you're gonna do something like that, I suggest getting a head start by raiding your clothes dryer's lint trap. Tear it in little pieces and mix in some Q-tip cotton and rub it on the dog's butt or under your armpits, or both even, to add a realistic smell to authenicate it and impress all your friends with your "year's worth" of collecting. You can even tear some of it in big hunks and say it came from a really fat person. Add in a couple of body hairs for appearance to make it look even more realistic.

Damn, I would never be this gross in real life, but right now it's after 2:00 A.M. and I'm slaphappy I guess.

LMAO!!!! That's great Audeogod,I loved the post bro..Its 1:49 a.m. here and I just woke everyone up after laughing out loud..Thanks for the good laugh,I needed it.. :D

New Post 09-27-2005 02:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for xxwiredxx Click here to Send xxwiredxx a Private Message Find more posts by xxwiredxx Add xxwiredxx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting