Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Your thoughts on this sub/amp combination
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
btw1217

Your thoughts on this sub/amp combination

Polk Dual db124 12” Subwoofers with Enclosure (DB212) 720w RMS ¾ inch MDF: The 3/4-inch MDF is the same low resonance material used in the world's finest speaker enclosures. ABS Trim: The front baffle is clad in automotive grade ABS trim for rigidity and resistance to impact. A sheet of Elastomeric damping material isolates the ABS trim from the baffle as it acts as a sealing gasket for the woofers. This "trilaminate" sandwich construction prevents unwanted rattles and resonance, ensuring bass that's as tight as it is powerful. Power Vent: Polk Audio's patented Power Port venting technology reduces air turbulence at the port mouth for higher bass output with vastly lower noise and distortion compared to conventional ports. ABS Grilles: Wheel-style heavy-duty ABS grilles protect the drivers from shifting cargo. Grilles and baffle may be painted to match the vehicle's interior color. Single Voice Coil: 4 Ohm drivers wired in parallel for a net 2-Ohm load, optimum for today's Class D subwoofer amplifiers. Fire-retardant: Flat NOMEX Spiders allow extended linear motion while providing highly reliable mechanical and thermal stability. With a JL e1800D mono subwoofer. It puts out 800w RMS at 2 Ohms.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-19-2005 01:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for btw1217 Click here to Send btw1217 a Private Message Find more posts by btw1217 Add btw1217 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FitzyG

"Fire-retardant:"

Haha.. retardant..

How much you spending?? probably lots better for the money

New Post 09-19-2005 02:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FitzyG Click here to Send FitzyG a Private Message Find more posts by FitzyG Add FitzyG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btw1217

Well, I'd really like to keep the spending limit to $1,000 or less. And that should cover the sub(s), amp, and cap. Not to mention any wiring kits.

New Post 09-19-2005 02:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for btw1217 Click here to Send btw1217 a Private Message Find more posts by btw1217 Add btw1217 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btw1217

I like those subs because they're decent power wise, look really nice, and are ready to go. It got great customer reviews too, between CC and Polk's website.

New Post 09-19-2005 02:26 AM
btw1217

Oh, and it's $350.

New Post 09-19-2005 02:28 AM
FitzyG

1. Don't get a cap, completely worthless
2. CC customers are retarded
3. With 1k you could get RL-S 12 and a pg xenon 1200.1 :) :) :) <-my dream setup

Other subs easily in your price range to consider are rl-p, SI magnum d2, xxx, brahma, and a whole heap more :) for 1k, you can do a LOT better

New Post 09-19-2005 02:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FitzyG Click here to Send FitzyG a Private Message Find more posts by FitzyG Add FitzyG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btw1217

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-19-2005 by FitzyG
1. Don't get a cap, completely worthless
2. CC customers are retarded
3. With 1k you could get RL-S 12 and a pg xenon 1200.1 :) :) :) <-my dream setup

Other subs easily in your price range to consider are rl-p, SI magnum d2, xxx, brahma, and a whole heap more :) for 1k, you can do a LOT better

You sure about the cap? I've already got one amp installed that powers the rear speakers. It's 250w and then the 800w amp. That's 1050 watts excluding the head unit which just powers the front two speakers which isn't much but some nonetheless.

New Post 09-19-2005 02:55 AM
Dankman

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-19-2005 by btw1217
You sure about the cap? I've already got one amp installed that powers the rear speakers. It's 250w and then the 800w amp. That's 1050 watts excluding the head unit which just powers the front two speakers which isn't much but some nonetheless.

I never really liked caps, i ended up buying a optima yellowtop battery and put it in my trunk, i also had to get a 200 amp relay isolator to charge the battery in the back and so i didnt have two batterys on my alternator, i love it, works great and i can beats for hours.

New Post 09-19-2005 12:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dankman Click here to Send Dankman a Private Message Find more posts by Dankman Add Dankman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FitzyG

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-19-2005 by btw1217

get an ho alt

New Post 09-19-2005 11:22 PM
N2Audio

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-19-2005 by FitzyG
get an ho alt

you electrical system should be fine unless you have an unusually small alt (<80A) and/or blast heavy bass non-stop.

A cap is NEVER a necessity.

New Post 09-20-2005 01:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting