Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > CarStereo.com Lobby > **URGENT**Want carstereo.com fixed? Here is how!
Go Back Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bassaholic

**URGENT**Want carstereo.com fixed? Here is how!

***URGENT MESSAGE REGARDING ALL MEMBERS***
Are you tired of,

NO MODERATORS OR ADMINS PRESENT?

WANT THE ABILITY TO RATE INSTALL GALLERIES AGAIN?

TIRED OF POSTS JUMBLED ABOUT IN AN INCORRECT ORDER?

WANT MORE OPTIONS WHEN U POST, INSTEAD OF LEARNING HTML TO DO THEM?

WANT SIGNATURES ATTACHED TO YOUR POSTS AUTOMATICALLY?

OR ANYTHING OTHER ISSUE YOU HAVE WITH THE SITE THAT COULD BENEFIT EVERYONE.

GO TO THIS LINK AND LET THE PRESIDENT OF BOTH CARSTEREO.COM & ONLINE CONNEXIONS INC. KNOW WHAT THIS SITE NEEDS AND WANTS. MASS EFFORT IS NEEDED FOR ANYTHING MAJOR TO BE DONE, SO IF YOU WANT SOMETHING BAD ENOUGH PUT IN YOUR TWO CENTS!

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 11-13-2005 02:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bassaholic Click here to Send bassaholic a Private Message Find more posts by bassaholic Add bassaholic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xxwiredxx

I totally agree that for the benefit of this forums future and its members something has to be done to this old and outdated forum software.

Just reposting this from another thread that I posted it in..

Sounds like a good idea...Not only would that clean up alot of the bashing and haters,it would possibly bring some of the members back that left here because of all the battling going on..

I would also like for them to change a few things and add some more options to this forum.

Just to name a few:

1. Keep all the post in correct order by date and time..
2. Make it an option to use an avatar instead of a self pic..
3. Add a signature option,so we don't have to place it in there ourselves everytime we post..
4. That is just a few for now,will think of more when I am not so sleepy..LOL!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

New Post 11-13-2005 02:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for xxwiredxx Click here to Send xxwiredxx a Private Message Find more posts by xxwiredxx Add xxwiredxx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bassaholic

This is the message that i sent Mr. Andrew Hunt....
Dear Mr. Hunt, I posted this message on carstereo.com forum, in the Lobby section. ***URGENT MESSAGE REGARDING ALL MEMBERS*** Are you tired of, NO MODERATORS OR ADMINS PRESENT? WANT THE ABILITY TO RATE INSTALL GALLERIES AGAIN? TIRED OF POSTS JUMBLED ABOUT IN AN INCORRECT ORDER? WANT MORE OPTIONS WHEN U POST, INSTEAD OF LEARNING HTML TO DO THEM? WANT SIGNATURES ATTACHED TO YOUR POSTS AUTOMATICALLY? OR ANYTHING OTHER ISSUE YOU HAVE WITH THE SITE THAT COULD BENEFIT EVERYONE. GO TO THIS LINK AND LET THE PRESIDENT OF BOTH CARSTEREO.COM & ONLINE CONNEXIONS INC. KNOW WHAT THIS SITE NEEDS AND WANTS. MASS EFFORT IS NEEDED FOR ANYTHING MAJOR TO BE DONE, SO IF YOU WANT SOMETHING BAD ENOUGH PUT IN YOUR TWO CENTS! I did this, due to the growing issues plaguing the forums & install galleries. These problems are minor in nature, but two many small problems could lead to a loss of active members, even though that has already happened. Why would you want to lose more? Why not gain more members, increasing possible ppc (pay per click) revenue? I love carstereo.com, as do many other members, new and old. It still is gaining strength as a knowledgeable & reliable place to get information, and opinions. None of us want to lose this, we want it to grow and prosper. I myself would love to see, the ability to rate install galleries again, posts in correct order, an active moderator, possibly make it so only members can vote on H2H challenges, to prevent cheating, and more options for posting i.e. ready to use emoticons, signatures, avatars, and font formatting. Not everyone is knowledgeable in both mobile audio and web design such as urself, *ease of use*, *user friendly*. Thank you for taking the time to read my comments, hopefully with many more messages we can all get what we want. Thanks, Jarod "bassaholic" Miles

New Post 11-13-2005 02:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bassaholic Click here to Send bassaholic a Private Message Find more posts by bassaholic Add bassaholic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhaze36

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-13-2005 by bassaholic
This is the message that i sent Mr. Andrew Hunt....
Dear Mr. Hunt, I posted this message on carstereo.com forum, in the Lobby section. ***URGENT MESSAGE REGARDING ALL MEMBERS*** Are you tired of, NO MODERATORS OR ADMINS PRESENT? WANT THE ABILITY TO RATE INSTALL GALLERIES AGAIN? TIRED OF POSTS JUMBLED ABOUT IN AN INCORRECT ORDER? WANT MORE OPTIONS WHEN U POST, INSTEAD OF LEARNING HTML TO DO THEM? WANT SIGNATURES ATTACHED TO YOUR POSTS AUTOMATICALLY? OR ANYTHING OTHER ISSUE YOU HAVE WITH THE SITE THAT COULD BENEFIT EVERYONE. GO TO THIS LINK AND LET THE PRESIDENT OF BOTH CARSTEREO.COM & ONLINE CONNEXIONS INC. KNOW WHAT THIS SITE NEEDS AND WANTS. MASS EFFORT IS NEEDED FOR ANYTHING MAJOR TO BE DONE, SO IF YOU WANT SOMETHING BAD ENOUGH PUT IN YOUR TWO CENTS! I did this, due to the growing issues plaguing the forums & install galleries. These problems are minor in nature, but two many small problems could lead to a loss of active members, even though that has already happened. Why would you want to lose more? Why not gain more members, increasing possible ppc (pay per click) revenue? I love carstereo.com, as do many other members, new and old. It still is gaining strength as a knowledgeable & reliable place to get information, and opinions. None of us want to lose this, we want it to grow and prosper. I myself would love to see, the ability to rate install galleries again, posts in correct order, an active moderator, possibly make it so only members can vote on H2H challenges, to prevent cheating, and more options for posting i.e. ready to use emoticons, signatures, avatars, and font formatting. Not everyone is knowledgeable in both mobile audio and web design such as urself, *ease of use*, *user friendly*. Thank you for taking the time to read my comments, hopefully with many more messages we can all get what we want. Thanks, Jarod "bassaholic" Miles

I Totally agree. I really love this site,I have tried others,but there nothing like this one.But I also gotta remember, that for what it is,being self ran so to speak,that it does get bigger just by what has been going on.

It's amazing just how well mannered it is being ran by the members as opposed to moderated,Most other sites that are not monitored never last longer than a few weeks cause of trashing,I have to say the members themselves seem to controll that issue,and that alone should show the admins the love the members have here.(ever wander when a noodie asks a question,that they ask not to be bashed?)

Yet I never see the expected bashing,which means the newbie has been getting bashed at other sites,untill they find this one (which the memebers here will correct if it happens usually)But the other issues such as updateing the site would be a godsend,

PLEASE GOD OF CARSTEREO.com WE PRAY THAT YOU PLEASE REMOVE THESE PAINS OF ANTIQUITY OFF OF THE MEMBERS HERE THAT TRULY LOVE THIS SITE (such as myself)SO THAT THEY MIGHT SPREAD THE GOOD WILL OF THIS SITE TO ALL THOSE OUT IN ESPACE THE HOPE OF TOGETHERNESS AND JOY FOR THE LOVE OF AUDIO AND EDUCATION AND ENTERTAINMENT,AND SO THE ISSUES OF VOTEING AND RATING COULD BE SOLVED AND APPRECIATED BY OTHERS WHO MIGHT NOT KNOW THAT THEY COULD BE DOING BETTER IF THEY WERE BEING VOTED AND RATED BY OTHER MEMBERS WHO CANNOT.

New Post 11-13-2005 06:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rhaze36 Click here to Send Rhaze36 a Private Message Find more posts by Rhaze36 Add Rhaze36 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
korndog

this forum script is actually kind of old, its not like the recent script that has different user levels aside from standard user and owner. there are actuallly a lot of problems w/ this forums, i'm sure a lot of you have realized that, but its VERY difficult to upgrade the forums w/o losing your all the post/member information (unless you're a programmer). this forums is running on coldfusion, and i don't know shit about that, otherwise i would help out.

New Post 11-13-2005 01:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for korndog Click here to Send korndog a Private Message Find more posts by korndog Add korndog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xxwiredxx

Bump....

New Post 11-13-2005 02:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xxwiredxx Click here to Send xxwiredxx a Private Message Find more posts by xxwiredxx Add xxwiredxx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bassaholic

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-13-2005 by korndog
this forum script is actually kind of old, its not like the recent script that has different user levels aside from standard user and owner. there are actuallly a lot of problems w/ this forums, i'm sure a lot of you have realized that, but its VERY difficult to upgrade the forums w/o losing your all the post/member information (unless you're a programmer). this forums is running on coldfusion, and i don't know shit about that, otherwise i would help out.

Go to the link and say what you have to say to Mr. Hunt. something can always be figured out.

New Post 11-13-2005 02:38 PM
korndog

RE: RE:

quote:
Go to the link and say what you have to say to Mr. Hunt. something can always be figured out.

?? there is nothing to say to him, i'm telling you guys that there is nothing we can do about this situation. I'm telling you this from a programmer's point of view. to get this forum upto date you'll need to start from new w/ a new forum software, this means losing all the old posts and member list. Besides that, the intall gallery, classifieds and message board are all connected with each other, that makes it even harder on the programmer to get them to work together after an upgrade.

other forums don't have software as custom as the one here, they also use them w/ a database like SQL so its much easier to upgrade software. Basicly waht i'm saying is if i were the webmaster for this site, i wouldn't upgrade or reprogram to include mods either.

New Post 11-13-2005 08:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for korndog Click here to Send korndog a Private Message Find more posts by korndog Add korndog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhaze36

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
?? there is nothing to say to him, i'm telling you guys that there is nothing we can do about this situation. I'm telling you this from a programmer's point of view. to get this forum upto date you'll need to start from new w/ a new forum software, this means losing all the old posts and member list. Besides that, the intall gallery, classifieds and message board are all connected with each other, that makes it even harder on the programmer to get them to work together after an upgrade.

other forums don't have software as custom as the one here, they also use them w/ a database like SQL so its much easier to upgrade software. Basicly waht i'm saying is if i were the webmaster for this site, i wouldn't upgrade or reprogram to include mods either.

I can go along with that cause I dont know jack about that kinda stuff,But I would like to be able to vote and rate again.Thats all I'm asking for.I cant even rate or vote for new installs or battles. and I get a little confused on the forum posts that keep getting jumbled up.I know they worked before,why not now? This I know can be repaired.

New Post 11-13-2005 09:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rhaze36 Click here to Send Rhaze36 a Private Message Find more posts by Rhaze36 Add Rhaze36 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bassaholic

RE: RE: RE:

quote:

I myself have a 1 1/2 years of computer science classes under my belt, and do know enough. Simply adding scripts to this existing template/modding the current lines of code, is time consuming, but most certainly can be done. And as it goes for losing galleries, and profiles, i dont see anything wrong with emptying out those non-existant members who only have logged in once, or havent logged on in over a year.

New Post 11-13-2005 09:14 PM
korndog

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-13-2005 by Rhaze36
I can go along with that cause I dont know jack about that kinda stuff,But I would like to be able to vote and rate again.Thats all I'm asking for.I cant even rate or vote for new installs or battles. and I get a little confused on the forum posts that keep getting jumbled up.I know they worked before,why not now? This I know can be repaired.

i emailed him about hte problems about 10 or 8 months ago, never got anything back, even offered to help.

New Post 11-13-2005 09:18 PM
bassaholic

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
i emailed him about hte problems about 10 or 8 months ago, never got anything back, even offered to help.

Well the link i posted above is a message directly to conneXions inc.Here is the phone number too 1-800-874-4550, and ur just one person, as am i, but 50 people that is another story. Mass response is what this post was intended for.

New Post 11-13-2005 09:26 PM
xxwiredxx

quote:
I myself have a 1 1/2 years of computer science classes under my belt, and do know enough. Simply adding scripts to this existing template/modding the current lines of code, is time consuming, but most certainly can be done. And as it goes for losing galleries, and profiles, i dont see anything wrong with emptying out those non-existant members who only have logged in once, or havent logged on in over a year.

So true... To keep things interesting and up to date,plus more organized and working correctly,things really need to change around here..

We know you mean well Korndog,and in my opinion are one of the nicest guys in this forum,and I aswell as the others totally respect what you have to say.

The only thing is that since there is just way to many things not working correctly with this entire site,we feel they should be at least putting forth the effort to fixing existing problems and upgrading from time to time,but I have not seen any effort made by them period.

It has been quite sometime now since Rhaze,myself,v8musclecobra,and a few others here in the forum have contacted the administrator about not being able to vote on many of the installs in the gallery.But like I said,that has been quite a while ago,and still there has not been any thing fixed on our part of the equation.I for one have never heard back from them with any solutions or concerns that they are willing to handle these existing problems.It just seems to me they think we are not telling them the truth,but yet the problem still exists and still left untouched.

New Post 11-13-2005 09:38 PM
korndog

quote:

as for the actual programming, its not as easy as adding scripts and modding lines of code. It would be in a normal case, but not in this case because you're not dealing w/ C++ or visual basics. you're dealing with ugly coldfusion scripts. i use to develop websites for 4 years and didn't touch that shit. Hosted websites on my server and never allowed coldfusion scripts. the actual software is dead now for obvious reasons and theres no support for it. my guess is the problems that are happening now and the downtime that goes on every once and a while is because the coldfusion database can't handle it.

like i said before, i've been a web designer for a long time, and had pretty popular/high traffic websites. on my best site i got well over 100,000 hits a month. my bandwidth costs were more then 50 bucks a month and my ad revenue was barely 30-40 dollars a month. this is aside from teh actually hosting costs and prizes i gave away which came out of my own pocket. I'm sure the owner of this site has to pay a lot more then that and ad-revenue is less nowadays so i doubt he'll put any more money into this site.

im' not trying to bum you guys out, but i'm just trying to tell you that its easier said then done. a lot of popular forums actually get their members to donate money to help out, i wouldn't mind donating a little.

New Post 11-13-2005 09:45 PM
NiteScort

well if Mr. Admin ever shows his face again(once every 6 months), someone should ask him that if he were to put a STICKY POST up asking for donations, would he then be willing to upgrade or tweak this one? id toss a few bucks his/her way. im getting enjoyment out of these forums.

RATE MY INSTALL

New Post 11-14-2005 09:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for NiteScort Click here to Send NiteScort a Private Message Find more posts by NiteScort Add NiteScort to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting