Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > CarStereo.com Lobby > home stereo
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
zblee

home stereo

me and my roommate are going to save a lot of money and look into upgrading our home theater...i want to do a lot of research on good stereos and tv's , where should i look.. im looking for high quality.. but not WAAAAY expensive.. like few g's for tv and less than 2 g's for stereo ... give me some good links to do some reading on the subject not on specific parts like a dvd player or a certain tv.. im looking to do some research and find out for myself what i htink is quality and worth buying .. just happen to be doing the same thing and have some sites i should look at , or just know of some.. please hit this post up :) thanks

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 11-14-2005 10:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for zblee Click here to Send zblee a Private Message Find more posts by zblee Add zblee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
korndog

You could get better soundquality then a real theater w/ 2g, lol. My favorite place for home audio would be parts express.

buy this and this and this. And a then a decent reciever like an onkyo or denon. you'll never go to the theater again.

as for tv, check everyday on www.woot.com they usually put put a large HDTV for really cheap, like the other day i saw a infocus 61" HDTV, w/ 6" depth for about 1500 + 5dollars shipping. i never see those kinds of deals at stores. They also have projectors if that tickles your fancy.

New Post 11-14-2005 10:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for korndog Click here to Send korndog a Private Message Find more posts by korndog Add korndog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bassaholic

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-14-2005 by korndog
You could get better soundquality then a real theater w/ 2g, lol. My favorite place for home audio would be parts express.

buy this and this and this. And a then a decent reciever like an onkyo or denon. you'll never go to the theater again.

as for tv, check everyday on www.woot.com they usually put put a large HDTV for really cheap, like the other day i saw a infocus 61" HDTV, w/ 6" depth for about 1500 + 5dollars shipping. i never see those kinds of deals at stores. They also have projectors if that tickles your fancy.

here is a deal i found, 52 inch widescreen HDTV for $750! Marked down from $1188. Look for models that are about to be replaced with newer models, and hunt them down.

New Post 11-15-2005 10:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bassaholic Click here to Send bassaholic a Private Message Find more posts by bassaholic Add bassaholic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
korndog

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-15-2005 by bassaholic
here is a deal i found, 52 inch widescreen HDTV for $750! Marked down from $1188. Look for models that are about to be replaced with newer models, and hunt them down.

hey bro, ur sig picture isn't working, it might be showing on ur computer because it's cached.

New Post 11-15-2005 12:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for korndog Click here to Send korndog a Private Message Find more posts by korndog Add korndog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bassaholic

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-15-2005 by korndog
hey bro, ur sig picture isn't working, it might be showing on ur computer because it's cached.

yeh thought it was doin that, probably cuz its not veiwable without a logon from its current location, but thanks for the heads up.

New Post 11-15-2005 09:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bassaholic Click here to Send bassaholic a Private Message Find more posts by bassaholic Add bassaholic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
korndog

if u want a image host use http://imageshack.us/
no login needed, no leeching restrictions.

New Post 11-15-2005 10:15 PM
audiobliss69

I would highly recommend the Polk Audio forums. Though it's a Polk forum, everybody there does a good job of offering objective advice, and they could help you not only with your TV but also with your whole HT setup. If you post in the electronics forum, they'll help you out with your TV shopping.

audiobliss

New Post 11-17-2005 08:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for audiobliss69 Click here to Send audiobliss69 a Private Message Find more posts by audiobliss69 Add audiobliss69 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dal1as

Don't forget to budget for wire, Satelite boxes/signal processors, etc. Also, think of how you're setup will be setup. If you have the room a CRT RPTV (properly setup) will have a better picture than anything out on the market and probably be better for your budget. For the audio side. Do NOT skimp on the speaker side. The speakers and room make up 90% of the sound you'll be hearing. Onkyo and Yamaha would be good choices for your budget. Polk speakers are a really good bang for the buck speaker. www.hometheaterspot.com is a great sight for research.

New Post 11-30-2005 06:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dal1as Click here to Send Dal1as a Private Message Find more posts by Dal1as Add Dal1as to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting