Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > CarStereo.com Lobby > CarStereo.com Upgrades
Go Back Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Administrator

CarStereo.com Upgrades

Ok, we're planning for upgrades to the Forum and OCAC Competition. I want to get feed back on changing the voting for both Installs in general and Head2Head's. I'm pretty sure all of you would agree with making voting a members-only feature. So no one just coming to the site would be able to vote w/o logging in first.

Any one disagree? If so, why?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 11-28-2005 04:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Administrator Click here to Send Administrator a Private Message Find more posts by Administrator Add Administrator to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xxwiredxx

RE: CarStereo.com Upgrades

quote:
Originally posted on 11-28-2005 by Administrator
Ok, we're planning for upgrades to the Forum and OCAC Competition. I want to get feed back on changing the voting for both Installs in general and Head2Head's. I'm pretty sure all of you would agree with making voting a members-only feature. So no one just coming to the site would be able to vote w/o logging in first.

I totally agree with your new approach on voting.. Glad to see things are changing for the better for all our members.

Still needing a moderator? wink,wink ;)

New Post 11-28-2005 05:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xxwiredxx Click here to Send xxwiredxx a Private Message Find more posts by xxwiredxx Add xxwiredxx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Administrator

Moderator(s)

Yep, moderators are on the list of upgrades also. We just need a few good candidates we can choose from that won't mind stepping out of the competition.

New Post 11-28-2005 05:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Administrator Click here to Send Administrator a Private Message Find more posts by Administrator Add Administrator to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xxwiredxx

RE: Moderator(s)

quote:
Yep, moderators are on the list of upgrades also. We just need a few good candidates we can choose from that won't mind stepping out of the competition.

Well,I would be honored to become a moderator for this well established forum.I usually spend at least 12 hours a day in front of my computer,so this would be great for me,especially since this is one of my main sites that I view during those hours.

I have been installing Car Stereo equipment now for around 17 years and still have a major passion for this hobby.

So,if your interested in my services,please let me know.Thanks, xxwiredxx

New Post 11-28-2005 05:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xxwiredxx Click here to Send xxwiredxx a Private Message Find more posts by xxwiredxx Add xxwiredxx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhaze36

quote:

I also agree with this descission,It would give those that dont have other websites or the advantage of popularity outside this site a chance as well,not to mention it would help make the site grow too.And let me say also that (I know I'm one as well,I even pulled mine out for a while) That it does get a little monotinous to see the same cars over and over again. perhaps a limit on the amount of wins? or maybe put the winners that won so many times in another class and be competing against each other after so many are in that circle? Just some ideas and just my opinion. (I know I will get punished for this LOL)

New Post 11-29-2005 12:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rhaze36 Click here to Send Rhaze36 a Private Message Find more posts by Rhaze36 Add Rhaze36 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhaze36

quote:

I wouldnt mind doing it,(but I'm fairly new to comps and I'd have to learn a bit more,But I'm willing)And I dont mind giving up on the comps M.B. has made her point. I also think Wired would be an excellant candidate for a moderator,Only thing is if he is chosen,I'd miss his antics on running off the bad guys LOL.

New Post 11-29-2005 12:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rhaze36 Click here to Send Rhaze36 a Private Message Find more posts by Rhaze36 Add Rhaze36 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xxwiredxx

RE: RE: CarStereo.com Upgrades

quote:
Originally posted on 11-29-2005 by Rhaze36
I also agree with this descission,It would give those that dont have other websites or the advantage of popularity outside this site a chance as well,not to mention it would help make the site grow too.And let me say also that (I know I'm one as well,I even pulled mine out for a while) That it does get a little monotinous to see the same cars over and over again. perhaps a limit on the amount of wins? or maybe put the winners that won so many times in another class and be competing against each other after so many are in that circle? Just some ideas and just my opinion. (I know I will get punished for this LOL)

X2..

I agree with what Rhaze said,he made some very good suggestions.

Another suggestion would be to limit the amount of trophies per install "coughTimeKeepercough",that way others with fantastic installs would have a chance at the trophies given out on this site.Sorry,not trying to single anyone out,just thought that TimeKeeper was a good example for this particular situation. LOL!!

New Post 11-29-2005 12:42 AM
xxwiredxx

RE: RE: Moderator(s)

quote:
Originally posted on 11-29-2005 by Rhaze36
I wouldnt mind doing it,(but I'm fairly new to comps and I'd have to learn a bit more,But I'm willing)And I dont mind giving up on the comps M.B. has made her point. I also think Wired would be an excellant candidate for a moderator,Only thing is if he is chosen,I'd miss his antics on running off the bad guys LOL.

Thanks man,I appreciate the vote on my behalf,but I think you could do a good honest job in here also as a moderator.IMO,you would be a good candidate...Take care man.

New Post 11-29-2005 12:46 AM
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted on 11-29-2005 by xxwiredxx
X2..

I agree with what Rhaze said,he made some very good suggestions.

Another suggestion would be to limit the amount of trophies per install "coughTimeKeepercough",that way others with fantastic installs would have a chance at the trophies given out on this site.Sorry,not trying to single anyone out,just thought that TimeKeeper was a good example for this particular situation. LOL!!

We're thinking that limiting the voting to members only would probably change the outcomes of the competition enough by itself that we won't have to limit the wins of anyone.

Interesting idea of putting the repeat winners in a separate class.

Yeah we're going to have to come up with a new style CarStereo.com T-shirt, so Timekeeper doesn't get tired of getting the same one every 3 months! LOL

New Post 11-29-2005 12:58 AM
Administrator

I'll put both you guys on the list for possible moderators. Thanks.

New Post 11-29-2005 01:02 AM
xxwiredxx

quote:
Originally posted on 11-29-2005 by Administrator
We're thinking that limiting the voting to members only would probably change the outcomes of the competition enough by itself that we won't have to limit the wins of anyone.

Yeah we're going to have to come up with a new style CarStereo.com T-shirt, so Timekeeper doesn't get tired of getting the same one every 3 months! LOL

Administrator:

Very good point,that would probably shake this place up quite a bit.

New Post 11-29-2005 01:05 AM
xxwiredxx

RE:

quote:

Thank you very much,I appreciate being on that list. ;)

New Post 11-29-2005 01:08 AM
Rhaze36

quote:

On the shirt, why not the main pic of the install that wins along with C/S.com?

New Post 11-29-2005 01:20 AM
Rhaze36

RE:

quote:

Thanx, R.

New Post 11-29-2005 01:22 AM
bassaholic

quote:

Damn, if i had more time i would like to be a moderator, just with work and refurbishing PC's i dont have alot of time. Ive been a moderator on several sites, and even ran a few sites. Well hell, depending on the amount of time ur looking for someone to "moderate" i can step out of the competition.

New Post 11-29-2005 09:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bassaholic Click here to Send bassaholic a Private Message Find more posts by bassaholic Add bassaholic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting