Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Car Audio Competitions and Shows > Best batteries????
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Winksta

Best batteries????

Kinetic or eagle batteries. i know that kinetik batteries are more mainstream in car audio but eagle power has a 3100 amp battery that looks nice and is cheap if you get multiple of them. i would love your help on determining what batteries to get as well as im really looking at eagle power but here are my two options on this: 24 8 volt batteries or 4 3100B batteries from eagle power which one is my best buy? im needing alot of amps from batts and am thinking that the 24 8 volt batts might have more amps than 12400 amps from the 4 3100B batteries but not sure on the 8 volts ratings. by what you see what is my best buy?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 11-28-2005 04:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Winksta Click here to Send Winksta a Private Message Find more posts by Winksta Add Winksta to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RPMSOUNDS

RE: Best batteries????

quote:
Originally posted on 11-28-2005 by Winksta
Kinetic or eagle batteries. i know that kinetik batteries are more mainstream in car audio but eagle power has a 3100 amp battery that looks nice and is cheap if you get multiple of them. i would love your help on determining what batteries to get as well as im really looking at eagle power but here are my two options on this: 24 8 volt batteries or 4 3100B batteries from eagle power which one is my best buy? im needing alot of amps from batts and am thinking that the 24 8 volt batts might have more amps than 12400 amps from the 4 3100B batteries but not sure on the 8 volts ratings. by what you see what is my best buy?

Get yourself some Monster batteries from Kinetik. I used Stinger in the past and found Kinetik is better for a few reasons. Even over the Eagle power. Kinetik has a faster recharge and discharge rate then 99.9% of the batteries out there. This means not only do they hold alot of power but can discharge it to your amps fast and fill back up fast. Monster batter is 2600amps each. I use 10 of them and 1 300amp alt for my everyday driver and can hold good voltage. 8v rating is not what you need. You need a 12v battery since you are keeping stock electrical system (12v). People buy 8v whent they want to seires the batteries to get 16v banks. Kinetik will do that for you too. They will make 14v+ banks if you are going to run a high powered high voltage 2nd alt just for your system but then you have to make sure all your amps can handle the higher voltage. If I was you I would jump on the sight fill in the info on that little program they have and take it from there. Only other items I have used that I would think about using again if not Kinetik would be Xtatic Batcap 400s and the Model 800. The battery Xtatic has is just to big for any alternator to recharge and they have to have a $600 charger pluged into them to fill them back up.

New Post 12-15-2005 03:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RPMSOUNDS Click here to Send RPMSOUNDS a Private Message Find more posts by RPMSOUNDS Add RPMSOUNDS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sblazer

i say look into some oddysey batts or some optimad31blue, they are some sick batts and rather have those over the kinetiks honestly. also look into interstate workaholics, another awesome batt

New Post 12-20-2005 02:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sblazer Click here to Send sblazer a Private Message Find more posts by sblazer Add sblazer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RPMSOUNDS

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-20-2005 by sblazer
i say look into some oddysey batts or some optimad31blue, they are some sick batts and rather have those over the kinetiks honestly. also look into interstate workaholics, another awesome batt

Oddysey are ok batteries but the optima and interstate are not designed for car audio... Use a battery made for car audio.... Stinger, Xtatic, Kinetik, and others all are made for the fast discharge and recharge needed in todays high power using systems.

New Post 12-20-2005 08:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RPMSOUNDS Click here to Send RPMSOUNDS a Private Message Find more posts by RPMSOUNDS Add RPMSOUNDS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thewhitewonder86

Which batteries would you suggest for my setup? I have two kicker 2500 watt amps powering the solo x. Kicker suggests 4 batteries so which would you reccomend to be able to play for a decent amount of time? This is going in an 02 envoy with a stock alt(they dont make a bigger one for my car). I know how to wire the batteries togeather to get the voltage i want but how do you wire through an isolator and which size isolator would you reccomend.

New Post 12-30-2005 02:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for thewhitewonder86 Click here to Send thewhitewonder86 a Private Message Find more posts by thewhitewonder86 Add thewhitewonder86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RPMSOUNDS

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-30-2005 by thewhitewonder86
Which batteries would you suggest for my setup? I have two kicker 2500 watt amps powering the solo x. Kicker suggests 4 batteries so which would you reccomend to be able to play for a decent amount of time? This is going in an 02 envoy with a stock alt(they dont make a bigger one for my car). I know how to wire the batteries togeather to get the voltage i want but how do you wire through an isolator and which size isolator would you reccomend.

Hell use the batteries kicker uses! Monsters!!! Kicker uses the HC2600 AKA Monster batteries. They are 2600amps each battery and are about 64lbs. each. No need for an isolator. Toss 4 Monsters in the back and a smaller Kinetik battery under the hood. Run a 0g Power and Ground from the front Kinetik battery to the ones in the back. You are done.... no need for isolators.... Kinetik will even tell you that! If you have any questions about kinetik batteries call them or email them and ask for Rich... he is one of the owners/designers at Kinetik and he is really into car audio and helping people out. He called Ohio Generators and had them build my alt. for me all I had to do was call Ohio gen to pay for the alt so they could ship it out.

New Post 12-30-2005 09:04 PM
thewhitewonder86

I just bought a yellow top for under the hood. Does that mean i have to get rid of it and go with kinetick? How many monsters would you suggest cuz they are quite expensive.

New Post 12-31-2005 04:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for thewhitewonder86 Click here to Send thewhitewonder86 a Private Message Find more posts by thewhitewonder86 Add thewhitewonder86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RPMSOUNDS

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-31-2005 by thewhitewonder86
I just bought a yellow top for under the hood. Does that mean i have to get rid of it and go with kinetick? How many monsters would you suggest cuz they are quite expensive.

Optima batteries use a diff. type of design in them and Kinetik says they would rather see someone stick all the same design batteries in a car to give ya the best setup. You do not really have to but it wouldn't be a bad idea to change it. Non the less 4 monsters would be the way to go. Email me and I will see if I can help you out on the price at all. ThumpHerscustoms@aol.com is my email. Them Monsters are 475 + shipping from Kinetiks webpage. I am sure if you are buying 4 I could get them to you at a better price. Let me know.

New Post 12-31-2005 04:55 PM
RustyWCA

whats funny is someone likeing stinger batterys and not oddessy, there the same batterys, oddessey private lables them for stinger, there also the # 1 battery used in street classes for DB Drag, (the eagle is a great battery) as far as kinetic,, well im not going to trash them but a stinger SP2150 vs a kinetic monster, the Stinger(or odessy) allowed 2 soundstream 6500xxx to produce 30% more power for burps than the kinetic, i know cause thats all i do after the shop closes, build and test db drag cars

New Post 01-02-2006 03:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RustyWCA Click here to Send RustyWCA a Private Message Find more posts by RustyWCA Add RustyWCA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RPMSOUNDS

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-02-2006 by RustyWCA
whats funny is someone likeing stinger batterys and not oddessy, there the same batterys, oddessey private lables them for stinger, there also the # 1 battery used in street classes for DB Drag, (the eagle is a great battery) as far as kinetic,, well im not going to trash them but a stinger SP2150 vs a kinetic monster, the Stinger(or odessy) allowed 2 soundstream 6500xxx to produce 30% more power for burps than the kinetic, i know cause thats all i do after the shop closes, build and test db drag cars

If thats so then why do most cars in db drag use Kinetik or Xtatic?

New Post 01-02-2006 03:38 AM
RustyWCA

umm they dont, look under the hood of the winning street cars,(terry brocks,brad figard, Alfaro all oddesys or stingers 2150s, they guys that have kinetic in super street and up only have them cause kinetic whored them out to help themselves grow into db drag, They people that dident bite are the majority (18 volt) guys that kinetic dident have a answer for this year, I do belive they are coming out with something though. Are you a db dragger? and if so how many times have you compeated at finals? Im just wondering where your getting your info from. Im not trying to ruin your sale, I have just done alot of testing and From what i built (all of team WCA) the stinger was louder, Street A WCA Ana 1 DB louder Street B WCA John 1 db louder and mike younges Street max 3-4 (2) Kinetics vs. (2) Stinger 2150 1.5 DB gain, and these results were all off battery swaps only, NOTHING ELSE CHANGED so again im not trying to insult you or down play kinetic, just saying there not the best choice

New Post 01-02-2006 09:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RustyWCA Click here to Send RustyWCA a Private Message Find more posts by RustyWCA Add RustyWCA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RPMSOUNDS

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-02-2006 by RustyWCA
umm they dont, look under the hood of the winning street cars,(terry brocks,brad figard, Alfaro all oddesys or stingers 2150s, they guys that have kinetic in super street and up only have them cause kinetic whored them out to help themselves grow into db drag, They people that dident bite are the majority (18 volt) guys that kinetic dident have a answer for this year, I do belive they are coming out with something though. Are you a db dragger? and if so how many times have you compeated at finals? Im just wondering where your getting your info from. Im not trying to ruin your sale, I have just done alot of testing and From what i built (all of team WCA) the stinger was louder, Street A WCA Ana 1 DB louder Street B WCA John 1 db louder and mike younges Street max 3-4 (2) Kinetics vs. (2) Stinger 2150 1.5 DB gain, and these results were all off battery swaps only, NOTHING ELSE CHANGED so again im not trying to insult you or down play kinetic, just saying there not the best choice

I make no money by anyone buying Kinetik audio. I have seen them hold voltage longer in my setup then when I used the Stingers. I was using Xtatic a few years back but changed to Stinger then over to Kinetik. They have had 18 volt banks for sale to anyone that wanted them for like a year now. Could be longer but I have been dealing with them for about a year. They also have 14v and 16v systems. The 18v system is based on 4 monsters with 6v banks added into the case. Only reason I don't use anything higher then a 12v bank is I use them in my everyday driver that only has a steped up alt. in stock location. I use the Monster to hold the power for when I turn it up and demo the system. I have never had a problem with Stinger just said I rather use Kinetik. How world finals have you seen me in.... None! I keep it local for the past few years. Toss up some good numbers but again its an everyday drive that have voice to keep up with the bass. I am not into building pure spl cars or pure sq. I kinda like the stupid loud voice setup that can keep up with 160s. I have also seen people change out from stinger to kinetik and slow down the voltage drop they have on a music setup. I am not sure if a pure db drag car works diff. I would think they just want as much power as fast as they can have it but they don't need no long term power. Again not what I build. I have seen people boast about using 8v batteris and them being the best. I kinda just use what works for me and give my input on what I see. I also have noticed that alot of people changed to Kinetik. Optima gives out battries like crazy too but I do not see top db drag cars putting them in.... well I did see one not sure how he did but he used only optima. I would like to see a print out of the test that you ran so I can see just what diff there is. I know that I have sometimes rewired peoples car and due to a small volage increase.... or not as much as a drop due to wiring they hit a higher DB.

New Post 01-03-2006 02:09 AM
spkrman

northstar :)

New Post 01-04-2006 03:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for spkrman Click here to Send spkrman a Private Message Find more posts by spkrman Add spkrman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nomad40

NSB90 / KinetiK2400 / HAWKER 2150 / E.P.

all very good choices. also the eagle/pitcher (Alma Gates ) spiecal SPL 5000. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/nomad40/100_0013.jpg[/IMG]

New Post 02-10-2006 03:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nomad40 Click here to Send nomad40 a Private Message Find more posts by nomad40 Add nomad40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donsway

Just trying to understand something. If one of those monster batt. cost $475+ and you can get 3 yellow tops $159. from Auto Zone for the same price. Will one out do three. On the yellow top web site they claim these batt. are good for high output stereos. I have two yellow tops and able to have the stereo on 1/2 volume, truck not running for a hour and never drop below 12.5v. So lets see if I got 4 of the monsters for around $1900+ shipping, I could get 12 yellow top for cheaper??? I must not have a full understanding of batts. But I do understand price.

New Post 02-10-2006 10:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting