Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > 146.2 with 400 watts
Go Back Pages (20): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dja4260

146.2 with 400 watts

got a TCAB box for my type R 15. aero port and tuned low because new meca rules for the AS class requires that they measure at the headrest off the TL. well we tested my amp and it put out 414 watts of pure kenwood power. very very dissapointing. but was able to do a 146.2 @ 39hz (a low ass note) in the kick. when i do get some power, that subs going to break 150. just excited and thought i would let u all know. ill post pics when its not 0 outside

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 12-03-2005 01:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dja4260 Click here to Send dja4260 a Private Message Find more posts by dja4260 Add dja4260 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nova

15nissen?!?!?! I knew it was you... I'm thinking about a TCAB for a 12" Type R...

New Post 12-03-2005 02:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nova Click here to Send Nova a Private Message Find more posts by Nova Add Nova to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dja4260

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-03-2005 by Nova
15nissen?!?!?! I knew it was you... I'm thinking about a TCAB for a 12" Type R...

type R's get loud. the 15 R is louder and built better. try a 15 and one of his boxes and if your amp does do many power you will put up a good #.

New Post 12-03-2005 03:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dja4260 Click here to Send dja4260 a Private Message Find more posts by dja4260 Add dja4260 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kickerdealer

impressive. anything below 45 hz is tough to get a decent number out of. what is the tuning frequency of your car?

New Post 12-03-2005 05:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kickerdealer Click here to Send kickerdealer a Private Message Find more posts by kickerdealer Add kickerdealer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thrtyhz

Nice score! 1 15"? Have you metered it at the dash? Mines almost 2db louder in the kick than at the dash. I wish I could tune mine to be louder at the dash.

New Post 12-03-2005 06:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for thrtyhz Click here to Send thrtyhz a Private Message Find more posts by thrtyhz Add thrtyhz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nova

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-03-2005 by thrtyhz
Nice score! 1 15"? Have you metered it at the dash? Mines almost 2db louder in the kick than at the dash. I wish I could tune mine to be louder at the dash.

Move your box closer to the rear of the trunk for a higher dash number

New Post 12-03-2005 08:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nova Click here to Send Nova a Private Message Find more posts by Nova Add Nova to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dja4260

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-03-2005 by kickerdealer
impressive. anything below 45 hz is tough to get a decent number out of. what is the tuning frequency of your car?

my car resanates at 45hz. the meter was in the kick, but remember in my class the score is taken at the head rest. the lower the note you can pull the better ur headrest # will be

New Post 12-03-2005 08:59 PM
hzsogood

o god, please dont let tcab and the r follers ruin this site too

New Post 12-03-2005 09:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hzsogood Click here to Send hzsogood a Private Message Find more posts by hzsogood Add hzsogood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nova

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-03-2005 by hzsogood

They are louder than any JL Audio...

New Post 12-03-2005 09:46 PM
Nova

Think about it...

2 12" Type S's with 500watts each hit 150.x on the term.

2 12" JL W7's hit 147 in a hatchback with 800 to each.

Just recently, Mark hit a 154.7 with 2 12" type R's in his TCAB powered by a 2500D with olny a 50amp fuse!

Someone that has a TCAB hit 150.4 with a 15" type R @ 40hz with I think 1000-1200 watts.

New Post 12-03-2005 09:55 PM
pksimon28

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-03-2005 by hzsogood

x2, caraudio.com is almost unbearable now because of the tcab fanatics

New Post 12-03-2005 09:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pksimon28 Click here to Send pksimon28 a Private Message Find more posts by pksimon28 Add pksimon28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nova

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-03-2005 by pksimon28

I don't mean to get us into TCAB boxes, but damn, these boxes are built with 10x's the quality of my carpenter I get my boxes built from... I don't want every sub forum question to turn into going TCAB, that would get boring, but if you have $150-$400 to spend in getting very loud and sounding incredible doing it, hook Mark up and he'll get ya goin.

The reason I haven't went to Mark about getting a box is because it's much rewarding to say to someone that you built the box yourself... Other than that, you should just go to Best Buy and spend $800 putting the box IN...

New Post 12-03-2005 10:07 PM
DaGh0st

quote:

LOL i was thinking the same thing. ok but all in all he does know how to build a box.i have watched all his video's on ROE and all you can say is wow.but then again i think i would take the money i could save from haveing him building me a box(350). build my own buy a 2500d and put up a number in the same area as him...just my 2 cent

New Post 12-03-2005 10:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DaGh0st Click here to Send DaGh0st a Private Message Find more posts by DaGh0st Add DaGh0st to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pksimon28

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-03-2005 by Nova
I don't mean to get us into TCAB boxes, but damn, these boxes are built with 10x's the quality of my carpenter I get my boxes built from... I don't want every sub forum question to turn into going TCAB, that would get boring, but if you have $150-$400 to spend in getting very loud and sounding incredible doing it, hook Mark up and he'll get ya goin.

The reason I haven't went to Mark about getting a box is because it's much rewarding to say to someone that you built the box yourself... Other than that, you should just go to Best Buy and spend $800 putting the box IN...

That basically is what happens at ca.com, every thread turns into a type-r/tcab thread. My main complaint with tcab is that for the price he charges for those boxes, they look like complete ass. Also keep in mind that I am more interested in sq so I really don't care if my $25 box sounds better and is 10 db lower than some super box that hits crazy numbers and costs $300.

New Post 12-03-2005 10:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pksimon28 Click here to Send pksimon28 a Private Message Find more posts by pksimon28 Add pksimon28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xxwiredxx

quote:

I signed up there not long ago,but have yet to make a first post.LOL!!

New Post 12-03-2005 10:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xxwiredxx Click here to Send xxwiredxx a Private Message Find more posts by xxwiredxx Add xxwiredxx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (20): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting