Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Pioneer DEH-P6000 Power Problem... help please!!
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Drive_XR7

Pioneer DEH-P6000 Power Problem... help please!!

I've got a Pioneer DEH-P6000 car cd player... and I've got a problem.. just wanted to post it and see if anybody has any ideas or leads to what I could do. There's a button to push that flips the face down, and a button on the opposite side of the face to eject the CD. Well.. when the face flips down, the connectors from the faceplate to the actual deck disconnect, and it loses power. I can't eject the CD!! And it's a terrible Offspring CD!!! I was thinking about calling Pioneer's customer service line, but I'd rather fix the problem myself since I think it's not under warranty anymore. Anybody ever had a similar problem? What should I do?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-27-2003 06:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Drive_XR7 Click here to Send Drive_XR7 a Private Message Find more posts by Drive_XR7 Add Drive_XR7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SentraStyleEMW

RE: Pioneer DEH-P6000 Power Problem... help please!!

quote:
Originally posted on 07-27-2003 by Drive_XR7
I've got a Pioneer DEH-P6000 car cd player... and I've got a problem.. just wanted to post it and see if anybody has any ideas or leads to what I could do. There's a button to push that flips the face down, and a button on the opposite side of the face to eject the CD. Well.. when the face flips down, the connectors from the faceplate to the actual deck disconnect, and it loses power. I can't eject the CD!! And it's a terrible Offspring CD!!! I was thinking about calling Pioneer's customer service line, but I'd rather fix the problem myself since I think it's not under warranty anymore. Anybody ever had a similar problem? What should I do?

I had the exact same problem with my DEHP7000R. You will need to purchase a new ribbon cable (it's about a $8 part from www.pacparts.com). If you are handy with a soldering iron, you can do it easily...but if not...I'd leave it to the professionals to fix.

New Post 07-28-2003 12:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SentraStyleEMW Click here to Send SentraStyleEMW a Private Message Find more posts by SentraStyleEMW Add SentraStyleEMW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Drive_XR7

Where should I take it? Is an authorized dealer the best place to take it?

New Post 07-28-2003 01:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Drive_XR7 Click here to Send Drive_XR7 a Private Message Find more posts by Drive_XR7 Add Drive_XR7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SentraStyleEMW

RE:

Connection FailureI would check around for the best price. Seeing as it is out of warranty...it doesn't make much of a difference whether or not the repair shop is authorized. You will want to shop around for price and also for warranty on completed work. You don't want to pay for something to be fixed and turn around next week and have to have it repaired again.

New Post 07-29-2003 10:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SentraStyleEMW Click here to Send SentraStyleEMW a Private Message Find more posts by SentraStyleEMW Add SentraStyleEMW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
le_mulot

I've got the same problem here !

Is it required to got some electronics learned to change this fucking crappy ribbon of my ass ?

New Post 08-13-2004 07:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for le_mulot Click here to Send le_mulot a Private Message Find more posts by le_mulot Add le_mulot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
magazz

new ribbon 'exelent

i baught the ribbon part # gxy1005 for my DEH P840MP and it works great now NOW THIS IS PROBABLY NOT THE PART NUMBER FOR YOUR STERIO IF YOURS IS SOLDERED IN, THIS ONE SCREWS TO THE FACE MOUNTING PLATE AND PUSHES INTO A RIBBON MOUNT ON THE CIRCUITBOARD the kit came with the ribbon and a new face ring plus instructions on how to install it make shure you put the ribbon back through its metal guide under the face youll know what i mean when ya take it out also inside there is a little post bent in a particular position to hold the ribbon doun and away from the cd unit\ it goes on top of the ribbon not in between the fold, bend it at the angle of the white line youll see on the board it took me 5 minutes it cost me $20 with shipping and handling directly from pioneer

New Post 08-13-2004 11:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for magazz Click here to Send magazz a Private Message Find more posts by magazz Add magazz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
le_mulot

Thanks you guy, that fucking ribbon solve the problem ! :) I don't repair it by my self and cost me 80$ CAN, but this DEH6000 work so great since 7 years now. So Thanks you !

New Post 09-09-2004 09:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for le_mulot Click here to Send le_mulot a Private Message Find more posts by le_mulot Add le_mulot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting