Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > alright im trying to get in the 160 decibal range
Go Back Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jrdrywater

alright im trying to get in the 160 decibal range

Okay do you guys think 2 15inch H2.4 Orion subs or 4 L7 12 inch kicker subs will come closer to 160 decibal range I have 3000 rms amplifier power. And which do u think will handle the power better.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 12-18-2005 06:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jrdrywater Click here to Send jrdrywater a Private Message Find more posts by jrdrywater Add jrdrywater to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jrdrywater

APPARENTLY NOONE KNOWS THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION

New Post 12-18-2005 08:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jrdrywater Click here to Send jrdrywater a Private Message Find more posts by jrdrywater Add jrdrywater to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DaGh0st

Guess Not!

id go with the kickers. The only way to know tho is.. Build..Burp..find out

New Post 12-18-2005 09:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DaGh0st Click here to Send DaGh0st a Private Message Find more posts by DaGh0st Add DaGh0st to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DaGh0st

RE: APPARENTLY NOONE KNOWS THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION

quote:
Originally posted on 12-18-2005 by jrdrywater

you also might wanna gocheck out the tempro website and take a look at some of the car/vans/trucks hitting 160 see if you have the power/amps/space/Money! you need for it

New Post 12-18-2005 09:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DaGh0st Click here to Send DaGh0st a Private Message Find more posts by DaGh0st Add DaGh0st to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
djman37

160 decibels is a LONG way from a daily driver install. 150 maybe so, maybe no. How about more specifics. WHICH amp, which car, wall or not, etc.???

New Post 12-19-2005 05:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for djman37 Click here to Send djman37 a Private Message Find more posts by djman37 Add djman37 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BadaBoom

Well people as of late on here seem to think it is easy to get to 160. So I will just tell you spend about 6 to 10 grande on it and then come back to us and see if you have gotten there. Good luck!

New Post 12-20-2005 03:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BadaBoom Click here to Send BadaBoom a Private Message Find more posts by BadaBoom Add BadaBoom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spkrman

RE: alright im trying to get in the 160 decibal range

quote:
Originally posted on 12-18-2005 by jrdrywater
Okay do you guys think 2 15inch H2.4 Orion subs or 4 L7 12 inch kicker subs will come closer to 160 decibal range I have 3000 rms amplifier power. And which do u think will handle the power better.

H2's are weak. And you aren't going to be doing a 160 with any setup, most likely :)

New Post 12-20-2005 07:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for spkrman Click here to Send spkrman a Private Message Find more posts by spkrman Add spkrman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BadaBoom

RE: RE: alright im trying to get in the 160 decibal range

quote:
Originally posted on 12-20-2005 by spkrman
H2's are weak. And you aren't going to be doing a 160 with any setup, most likely :)

I am sure he could do it, if he has the right amount of money and I mean alot of money and can find the right installer and use the right equipment. It has been done many a times in many different vechichles. I just dont think it sounds good that high, hell I can barley sit in mine at 147 anymore. Getting old sucks!

New Post 12-20-2005 03:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BadaBoom Click here to Send BadaBoom a Private Message Find more posts by BadaBoom Add BadaBoom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
djman37

RE: RE: RE: alright im trying to get in the 160 decibal range

quote:
Originally posted on 12-20-2005 by BadaBoom
I am sure he could do it, if he has the right amount of money and I mean alot of money and can find the right installer and use the right equipment. It has been done many a times in many different vechichles. I just dont think it sounds good that high, hell I can barley sit in mine at 147 anymore. Getting old sucks!

since he's already bought the gear, it's left to the install. Good luck dude. Keep everyone posted. I'd like to hear what your starting number is.

New Post 12-20-2005 06:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for djman37 Click here to Send djman37 a Private Message Find more posts by djman37 Add djman37 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jrdrywater

Look i posted 154db with 2 12inch thunder 9500s last year. Im not really expecting to really get to 160 but going to try. By the way I have ordered 3 orion h2 15s , 3 infinite 1220 amps "1300rms a piece" 3 optima batts, Monster 0g wire, I will build my own box tuned at 44 hertz, I think I will actually spend a little time on the install this time. The reason Im going with orion , is I saw on a website where 4 orion h2 12s hit 161dbs so maybe I can get 3 15s get close. JR

New Post 12-20-2005 07:27 PM
djman37

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-20-2005 by jrdrywater
Look i posted 154db with 2 12inch thunder 9500s last year. Im not really expecting to really get to 160 but going to try. By the way I have ordered 3 orion h2 15s , 3 infinite 1220 amps "1300rms a piece" 3 optima batts, Monster 0g wire, I will build my own box tuned at 44 hertz, I think I will actually spend a little time on the install this time. The reason Im going with orion , is I saw on a website where 4 orion h2 12s hit 161dbs so maybe I can get 3 15s get close. JR

what car? I've got 2 AB75.1 amps, 2 DD9515e subs, 2 6" aeroports, multiple 1/0 runs, kinetik 1800HC batt, have built plenty of different types of boxes, and I'm not SURE of how loud it'll be. Point is, you can't gaurantee anything in this sport. You sound like you're on the right path though.

New Post 12-20-2005 07:39 PM
BadaBoom

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-20-2005 by jrdrywater

I call bs on the 154dbs with 2 of the 9500's. Hell in my old cutty I was doing 156.4 on the a/c190 and 153.2 on the tl. I had 4 of the 9500 12's and the box was built in the trunk with 3/4mdf with a huge ass port the was made of 3/4 mdf in the rear deck. I had 2 1501 modded mtx class d's powering them and they were giving over 2000rms to each set. So 1000 on each sub. Had an ohio generators 220 amp and the big 3 done with 2 optima dry cells in the trunk and one in the front. Had all 0/1g wire as well. I just cant see you doing that with 2 of them. I mean everything is install dependent, so maybe I am wrong. But I went through alot of testing and setups with those subs.

New Post 12-20-2005 11:04 PM
FitzyG

RE: RE: alright im trying to get in the 160 decibal range

quote:
Originally posted on 12-20-2005 by spkrman

save for the 2001 h2 10 that hit 167-169 db's in a crx with just a 2500d on it. Yeah, they're weak *rolls eyes*

It's all in the install man. If you use a hatch or a blazer it's hella easier than a trunk...

New Post 12-21-2005 12:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FitzyG Click here to Send FitzyG a Private Message Find more posts by FitzyG Add FitzyG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spkrman

RE: RE: RE: alright im trying to get in the 160 decibal range

quote:
Originally posted on 12-21-2005 by FitzyG
save for the 2001 h2 10 that hit 167-169 db's in a crx with just a 2500d on it. Yeah, they're weak *rolls eyes*

It's all in the install man. If you use a hatch or a blazer it's hella easier than a trunk...

when did this happen...? Are you talking about the HCCA's? The H2's weren't out in 01, I'm not sure if the 2500d was either. The h2's are a terrible design, they blow up easiliy, particularly the 15's. Have you ever actually used an h2?

New Post 12-21-2005 12:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for spkrman Click here to Send spkrman a Private Message Find more posts by spkrman Add spkrman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FitzyG

RE: RE: RE: RE: alright im trying to get in the 160 decibal range

quote:
Originally posted on 12-21-2005 by spkrman
when did this happen...? Are you talking about the HCCA's? The H2's weren't out in 01, I'm not sure if the 2500d was either. The h2's are a terrible design, they blow up easiliy, particularly the 15's. Have you ever actually used an h2?

it was a 2000-2001 Orion sub. If i got them confused, I appologize, but I'm pretty sure it was an h2. PM moebass (or mobass, can't remember), he's got the info. I didn't say the orion 2500d was around back then, that was just when the sub was from, I think that happened w/in the last 2 years or so..

And I'm not an spl competitor, nor a big fan of anyone's subs (for personal use) besides soundsplinter, RE, SI, JL, diamond, or a few other select brands. The db drive I'm using right now is OK, but i'd def swap it out if I wasn't concentrating on my home setup (HK 340, polk LSI bookshelves, Klipsch sub, hopefully aragon amp soon with 42" sony 3 lcd projection)

New Post 12-21-2005 02:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FitzyG Click here to Send FitzyG a Private Message Find more posts by FitzyG Add FitzyG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
kaotiksyko, from , CO. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting