Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Alpine Type-R SWR-1242D 12"
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bigflame

Alpine Type-R SWR-1242D 12"

do anybody know anything about these subs Alpine Type-R SWR-1242D 12" Dual 4-ohm Component Subwoofer 12" Component Subwoofers now if i get 2 what amp would really give them what thay need thx

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 01-07-2006 03:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigflame Click here to Send bigflame a Private Message Find more posts by bigflame Add bigflame to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
budgetbuilder

they are nice subs, good for the money, if you get the dual 2ohm version instead of the dual 4 i would suggest this amp www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1799

New Post 01-07-2006 03:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for budgetbuilder Click here to Send budgetbuilder a Private Message Find more posts by budgetbuilder Add budgetbuilder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
afiresavesday

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-07-2006 by budgetbuilder
they are nice subs, good for the money, if you get the dual 2ohm version instead of the dual 4 i would suggest this amp www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1799

i dont think that that amp rated at "1000" watts at 2ohms and "500" at 4ohms would come close to enough to be giving the type Rs everything they need...the amp would cost less than the sub and there is not way that a 200 dollar amp is putting out a true 1000 watts...if you go with the dual 4 u could always go with two alpine mrd - m605...which would run u around 500 dollars...or the m1005 which would provide less power but only cost a little more than 300.

New Post 01-08-2006 02:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for afiresavesday Click here to Send afiresavesday a Private Message Find more posts by afiresavesday Add afiresavesday to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4runner

Alpine Amps

I think you mean this: MRD-M1005 at 1000rms into 2ohms http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=MRD-M1005 Costs: $340 MRD-M605 at 600rms into 2 ohms http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=MRD-M605 Cost: $240 Cost estimates are per etronics.com

New Post 01-08-2006 10:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 4runner Click here to Send 4runner a Private Message Find more posts by 4runner Add 4runner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
afiresavesday

RE: Alpine Amps

quote:
Originally posted on 01-08-2006 by 4runner
I think you mean this: MRD-M1005 at 1000rms into 2ohms http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=MRD-M1005 Costs: $340 MRD-M605 at 600rms into 2 ohms http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=MRD-M605 Cost: $240 Cost estimates are per etronics.com

ya thats what i mean...i have the mrd-m605 powering my single type R and it gets loud and its in a shitty ass box sealed QLogic box...and when i get my second type R im gonna buy another mrd-m605 with 1200 watts total pushing them...should be nice when all is said and done

New Post 01-08-2006 05:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for afiresavesday Click here to Send afiresavesday a Private Message Find more posts by afiresavesday Add afiresavesday to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
one_crazy_dude

at etronics.com i bought a lanzar htg2600d for $206 shiped to my door to see if i could kill it .a lot of people bad mouth lanzar but when i was just a kid (about 15 yrs ago)lanzar was a good amp.i have had this amp pushing 2 type r's for about 2 months now and the dam thing barley warms up.@ 2 ohms i pushes 1 r to its max and sounds good to.i still have my rf amp but i think i will be keeping the lanzar.i'am happy with it!hope this helps

New Post 01-08-2006 06:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for one_crazy_dude Click here to Send one_crazy_dude a Private Message Find more posts by one_crazy_dude Add one_crazy_dude to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pksimon28

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-08-2006 by afiresavesday
i dont think that that amp rated at "1000" watts at 2ohms and "500" at 4ohms would come close to enough to be giving the type Rs everything they need...the amp would cost less than the sub and there is not way that a 200 dollar amp is putting out a true 1000 watts...if you go with the dual 4 u could always go with two alpine mrd - m605...which would run u around 500 dollars...or the m1005 which would provide less power but only cost a little more than 300.

Umm, there most certainly quite a few amps under $200 that put out a true 1000 watts. In fact you can get a Lanzar Vibe1200D/1800D for around $130 and it will do 1200 watts. Also IkeSound has quite a few refurbs such as the Directed 1100D/1500D and the Viper1200D that all put out ~1200 watts for ~$125.

New Post 01-08-2006 07:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pksimon28 Click here to Send pksimon28 a Private Message Find more posts by pksimon28 Add pksimon28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
afiresavesday

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-08-2006 by pksimon28
Umm, there most certainly quite a few amps under $200 that put out a true 1000 watts. In fact you can get a Lanzar Vibe1200D/1800D for around $130 and it will do 1200 watts. Also IkeSound has quite a few refurbs such as the Directed 1100D/1500D and the Viper1200D that all put out ~1200 watts for ~$125.

well my whole point was that looking at the watts an amp is putting out isnt the only way to buy an amp...there are soo many ways a company could get cheap amps to say theyre putting out a large amount of wattage and yes they may be putting out that many watts but under what conditions...you could almost never go wrong though by buying an amp by its price...you get what you pay for...ESPECIALLY in electronics

New Post 01-08-2006 08:51 PM
pksimon28

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
well my whole point was that looking at the watts an amp is putting out isnt the only way to buy an amp...there are soo many ways a company could get cheap amps to say theyre putting out a large amount of wattage and yes they may be putting out that many watts but under what conditions...you could almost never go wrong though by buying an amp by its price...you get what you pay for...ESPECIALLY in electronics

Except that all of those amps do put out their rated power. Don't believe me? Check out these benchtests:

http://www.carsound.com/review_archive/amps/vibe1200d.html
http://www.carsound.com/review_archive/amps/dei1100d.html

I don't know about you, but I would rather buy an based on objective tests, not on its price.

New Post 01-08-2006 09:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pksimon28 Click here to Send pksimon28 a Private Message Find more posts by pksimon28 Add pksimon28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dantheman

actually, that precision power amp probably puts out MORE than 1000 watts considering its rated at 12.5 volts...

New Post 01-08-2006 10:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dantheman Click here to Send dantheman a Private Message Find more posts by dantheman Add dantheman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
afiresavesday

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Except that all of those amps do put out their rated power. Don't believe me? Check out these benchtests:

http://www.carsound.com/review_archive/amps/vibe1200d.html
http://www.carsound.com/review_archive/amps/dei1100d.html

I don't know about you, but I would rather buy an based on objective tests, not on its price.

neither one of those amps will put out more than 1000 watts at 2 ohms...which is what i was talking about in previous posts....i was talking about amps that put out 1000+ watts at 2 ohms or 4 ohms...i can name many amps that cost 500+ and no one can sit there and say those amps will be just as good as a 200 dollar amp ...and yes ppl are gonna say its install dependant but if both are installed properly the more costly amp will come out on top

New Post 01-08-2006 11:07 PM
dantheman

well i guess we can argue all you want, but the first amp mentioned, the PPI PCX amp (http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/1799) puts out over 1000 watts at 2 ohms. The only thing is that its refurbished, so if you're talking about brand spankin new amps, then your correct. But this amp is a great value, for power and a great built in crossover, not to mention an incredibly high damping factor.

New Post 01-08-2006 11:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dantheman Click here to Send dantheman a Private Message Find more posts by dantheman Add dantheman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pksimon28

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
neither one of those amps will put out more than 1000 watts at 2 ohms...which is what i was talking about in previous posts....i was talking about amps that put out 1000+ watts at 2 ohms or 4 ohms...i can name many amps that cost 500+ and no one can sit there and say those amps will be just as good as a 200 dollar amp ...and yes ppl are gonna say its install dependant but if both are installed properly the more costly amp will come out on top

Why would he want an amp that puts out 1000 watts @ 2 ohms? He is talking about the dual 4 ohm version which can be paralleled to present the amp with a 1 ohm load. And don't be so sure that price automatically makes an amp better.

New Post 01-08-2006 11:35 PM
afiresavesday

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Why would he want an amp that puts out 1000 watts @ 2 ohms? He is talking about the dual 4 ohm version which can be paralleled to present the amp with a 1 ohm load. And don't be so sure that price automatically makes an amp better.

im just saying in general...if money is not an issue...u can always go with something more expensive than a 200 dollar amp to run two type Rs....if lanzar is good and i wouldnt no bc ive never heard one and money is not an issue than why not get one that could run 1000 watts at 4 ohms...u get the power and the clarity

New Post 01-09-2006 12:30 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting