Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > lanzar or hifonics?
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
snapsticks

lanzar or hifonics?

looking to power to kicker l 5's at 600 watts each. which would do the best job

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 01-08-2006 01:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for snapsticks Click here to Send snapsticks a Private Message Find more posts by snapsticks Add snapsticks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CompX18

Hifonics

It depends on how much you want to spend. Hifonics makes good amps and come close to producing a true watt. Lanzar amps arent that powerful and sound like shit on any good subs. I would definetly go with a hifonics amp if i had to choose between those two.

New Post 01-08-2006 06:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CompX18 Click here to Send CompX18 a Private Message Find more posts by CompX18 Add CompX18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pksimon28

Personally I would take any Lanzar Optidrive over any of Hifonics lower lines. Even a Lanzar Vibe1200D or Vibe1800D would be a nice choice for those subs and at around $130 for a true 1200 watts they are a pretty good deal.

New Post 01-08-2006 06:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pksimon28 Click here to Send pksimon28 a Private Message Find more posts by pksimon28 Add pksimon28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CompX18

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-08-2006 by pksimon28
Personally I would take any Lanzar Optidrive over any of Hifonics lower lines. Even a Lanzar Vibe1200D or Vibe1800D would be a nice choice for those subs and at around $130 for a true 1200 watts they are a pretty good deal.

Really he only needs 1500 watts and thats probebly the most he'll put to both of them. ive owned several lanzar amps and i wasnt impressed with them, but thats just my opinion. ive had a lanzar amp on 3 alpine type E's and it sounded like shit compared to the fosgate amp. i would suggest a Hifonics TX1505D. you can pick one up for about $200 and its one ohm stable if you want it later down the road. itll do 1000 rms at 2 ohms so itll be perfect.

New Post 01-08-2006 08:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CompX18 Click here to Send CompX18 a Private Message Find more posts by CompX18 Add CompX18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RPMSOUNDS

Funny thing is both Lanzar and Hifonics has Zed Audio design the amps back in the day and then each company kept updating them.... The Lanzar Opti amp is the way to go... a nice Opti500x2 will do 750rms at 2 ohm setreo. I tossed that amp on my 2 9515s and it moved them just fine... infact it made alot of main stream brands look like crap. The Opti mono blocks are great too. HiFonics only amps that I have found to be better then the Lanzar Opti was the XX line. That is only because the XX line made more power then most of the Opti amps. The Opti4000d is nothing to turn your back on.... that amp has one hell of a punch for your subs.... just hope you have subs that will take it...

New Post 01-09-2006 12:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RPMSOUNDS Click here to Send RPMSOUNDS a Private Message Find more posts by RPMSOUNDS Add RPMSOUNDS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-08-2006 by CompX18
Really he only needs 1500 watts and thats probebly the most he'll put to both of them. ive owned several lanzar amps and i wasnt impressed with them, but thats just my opinion. ive had a lanzar amp on 3 alpine type E's and it sounded like shit compared to the fosgate amp. i would suggest a Hifonics TX1505D. you can pick one up for about $200 and its one ohm stable if you want it later down the road. itll do 1000 rms at 2 ohms so itll be perfect.

When you're talking about Lanzar you HAVE to mention the model. Vibe does not compare to Optidrive in anyway. Not in design, not in price, not in performance, not even where they're built. The only Vibe that does rated power is the 1200D/1800D, and the only series that's even CLOSE to rated power are the original black Vibe's.

Unless you're talking about Optidrive - Lanzar amps are entry level amps that are decent for the price, nothing more - and not intended to be.

Optidrives have been rock solid for 15+ years now.

New Post 01-09-2006 12:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snapsticks

because both lanzar and hifonics are underrated should i go with a model that claims to put out 1500 watts to get the real 1200

New Post 01-10-2006 12:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for snapsticks Click here to Send snapsticks a Private Message Find more posts by snapsticks Add snapsticks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-10-2006 by snapsticks
because both lanzar and hifonics are underrated should i go with a model that claims to put out 1500 watts to get the real 1200

Supposedly the Hifonics brutus sub amps are 20% over-rated, give or take. So for an HF, the 1500 or 1505 should put you in the 1200w range or better. The Lanzar vibe 1200D/1800d has been tested at 1262w @ 1 ohm with 14v @ 1% THD (typical for max power sub amp tests).

New Post 01-10-2006 03:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RPMSOUNDS

quote:
Originally posted on 01-10-2006 by N2Audio
Supposedly the Hifonics brutus sub amps are 20% over-rated, give or take. So for an HF, the 1500 or 1505 should put you in the 1200w range or better. The Lanzar vibe 1200D/1800d has been tested at 1262w @ 1 ohm with 14v @ 1% THD (typical for max power sub amp tests).

If you call the tecs at Lanzar they will tell you that the Opti line designs are now being put put into the lower line amps. They are just using cheaper parts to keep the price down some but they are using some of the same designs... Even the pyle drive mono block uses some of the same designs now as the opti1400d. Thats why they have the same fusing and everything... Lanzar is trying to bring up the quality of their lower end lines but at the same time keep the price down.... also Zed Audio never built the opti amps that everyone talks about... he only designed them then Lanzar had someone else make them. Infact they used a cheap crappy build place and had the most problems with the older Opti amps.... not due to the design of them... design was top of the line but the problems came from the cheap crappy work of the build place... since then they kept the basic Zed design and built them in a better build place with better and updated parts... hence they are still great amps for the money... Anyone know if Zed Audio has any real big amps yet? I wouldn't mind trying a Zed Audio 4000RMS amp now days... would have to be killer you would think...

New Post 01-10-2006 10:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RPMSOUNDS Click here to Send RPMSOUNDS a Private Message Find more posts by RPMSOUNDS Add RPMSOUNDS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

Quote:
Originally posted by RPMSounds
If you call the tecs at Lanzar they will tell you that the Opti line designs are now being put put into the lower line amps. They are just using cheaper parts to keep the price down some but they are using some of the same designs...Lanzar is trying to bring up the quality of their lower end lines but at the same time keep the price down.
That doesn't sound good to me.
Not good at all.
Makes me wonder why they purchased the Lanzar name in the first place. They already use it to sell low (at least lowER) end stuff Vibe/Viberant/Heritage. If they blend Opti in too all value the Lanzar name once had is toast.

Quote:
Zed Audio never built the opti amps that everyone talks about...he only designed them then Lanzar had someone else make them. Infact they used a cheap crappy build place and had the most problems with the older Opti amps.... not due to the design of them... .
Can't say that I buy that either. There may have been SOME Zed Opti's that weren't acutally built by them, but my 1000.1D says right on the board, "Handcrafted in the USA by Zed Audio."

The email I got from Lanzar made a good point. Zed Audio's track record with class D amps is not good. Even with the recent Zed branded amps they had to send out a memo to customers about problems with them driving 1 ohm loads which is what they were supposed to be designed to do.

Quote:
design was top of the line but the problems came from the cheap crappy work of the build place...since then they kept the basic Zed design and built them in a better build place with better and updated parts

Here's a quote from Lanzar -
"Zed Audio has had nothing to do with the development of this series."
I take that to mean NOT basic Zed designs.

New Post 01-11-2006 01:24 PM
RPMSOUNDS

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-11-2006 by N2Audio
Quote:
If you call the tecs at Lanzar they will tell you that the Opti line designs are now being put put into the lower line amps. They are just using cheaper parts to keep the price down some but they are using some of the same designs...Lanzar is trying to bring up the quality of their lower end lines but at the same time keep the price down.
That doesn't sound good to me.
Not good at all.
Makes me wonder why they purchased the Lanzar name in the first place. They already use it to sell low (at least lowER) end stuff Vibe/Viberant/Heritage. If they blend Opti in too all value the Lanzar name once had is toast.

Quote:
Zed Audio never built the opti amps that everyone talks about...he only designed them then Lanzar had someone else make them. Infact they used a cheap crappy build place and had the most problems with the older Opti amps.... not due to the design of them... .
Can't say that I buy that either. There may have been SOME Zed Opti's that weren't acutally built by them, but my 1000.1D says right on the board, "Handcrafted in the USA by Zed Audio."

The email I got from Lanzar made a good point. Zed Audio's track record with class D amps is not good. Even with the recent Zed branded amps they had to send out a memo to customers about problems with them driving 1 ohm loads which is what they were supposed to be designed to do.

Quote:
design was top of the line but the problems came from the cheap crappy work of the build place...since then they kept the basic Zed design and built them in a better build place with better and updated parts

Here's a quote from Lanzar -
"Zed Audio has had nothing to do with the development of this series."
I take that to mean NOT basic Zed designs.

Zed audio had nothing to do with the development of this series..... dosen't say he didn't come out with the first design.... Zed audio just has had nothing to do with them since. Almost all of the amps where finished in the usa but got their main parts and sections of the boards from over seas. Hand crafted...... nice way of saying designed by hand in the USA.... not saying that no part of the amp was put together in the USA but just that most of the amp internal parts where from over seas.... even today... Hell Zeds amps today still have some parts from over seas just like Digital Designs has 1 part of their speakers sent in from over seas then they retool it and finish it to their specs. Why wouldn't you want a company to use some of the similar designs of their top of the line amp in their more basic amp? I would like to see a company who has a solid base line and off the wall high end amp.... If you take the design from the Opti and use it some what in a Vibe then the Vibe would be a good amp still not no Opti but better then a POS cheap design... Oh... I just wanted to clear up what I was talking about when I said Zed design.... I am talking about the oldschool amps that have been out since then. I mean no way in hell a Opti4000D had anything to do with Zed since it just came out.... I was talking about amps like the 500x2 since its been out for years...

New Post 01-11-2006 06:03 PM
coolahan

considering i've had both.. let me tell you... the lanzar went up in smoke within 3 months.. the hifonics is still glowing in the back ;) oh and btw it was a lazar vibe2000 if u wanted to know what went up in smoke... now i have the bx1605d

New Post 01-11-2006 11:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for coolahan Click here to Send coolahan a Private Message Find more posts by coolahan Add coolahan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pksimon28

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-11-2006 by coolahan
considering i've had both.. let me tell you... the lanzar went up in smoke within 3 months.. the hifonics is still glowing in the back ;) oh and btw it was a lazar vibe2000 if u wanted to know what went up in smoke... now i have the bx1605d

I don't think lanzar makes a vibe2000...

New Post 01-11-2006 11:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pksimon28 Click here to Send pksimon28 a Private Message Find more posts by pksimon28 Add pksimon28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coolahan

quote:
Originally posted on 01-11-2006 by pksimon28
I don't think lanzar makes a vibe2000...

i'm sorry vibe268.. 2000 watts

New Post 01-12-2006 12:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for coolahan Click here to Send coolahan a Private Message Find more posts by coolahan Add coolahan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nova

It's like Colossus Vs. Opti, and Zeus Vs. Vibe... lol

Anyone here seen than new RF 15,000watt amp??

New Post 01-12-2006 12:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nova Click here to Send Nova a Private Message Find more posts by Nova Add Nova to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting